Ledley King (Tottenham)

KrindlekraxPhillip Ridley

Malky Mackay (Watford)

The Tipping PointMalcolm Gladwell

Robert Green (West Ham)

Charlie and the Chocolate FactoryRoald Dahl

Arjan De Zeeuw (Wigan)

The GruffaloJulia Donaldson
No surprise that some footballers like children''s books, as it''s probably about their level of IQ.  Greeno''s is an interesting one, but nice to see Malky going for the more "high-brow" stuff.  Ben Thatcher''s has to be the most amusing... Don''t really read autobiographies myself (don''t tell my Mum she bought

me Peter Kay''s for xmas and I haven''t read it yet), but I reckon the

Valentino Rossi book would be a good read.So, what about everyone else? What are you reading right now?Currently I''m half way through The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett, slowing making my way through the Rincewind series.Favourite book of all time is Foundation by Isaac Asimov (well, the whole series really, its awesome sci-fi).

I am currently reading Micheal palins Python Diaries. Fantastic read. My favourite of all time is a cliche i know but The beach by Alex Garland. Anyone that was young in the late eighties/ninties should read it. So muany references to growing up when street fighter was around and everything you forgot. It is also a fantastic adventure/thriller novel

There is an old story about a journalist on the team coach seeing a player reading a book on nuclear physics.

"My word, he''s intelligents" says the journalist.....replies the manager....

"I wish he was as intelligent as Pele!"

Personally:  Just finnished The Fifth Elephant (Terry Pratchett)Best book ever: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams)

My Family and other Animals ~ Gerald Durrell, this will always be my favourite book.

Oh, and Razzle.

[quote user="7rew"]Best book ever: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams)
[/quote] Strongly disagree with that one. Thought it was rubbish and very weird. Not my kind of thing at all. Still each to their own and only my personal opinion!!

Brian Cloughs autobigraphies !   required reading for any manager .....  hear this  quote Grant :-

Players lose you games, not tactics. There''s so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes.
Brian Clough

Bighead was flawed , he hit the bottle  ,  but he held his players  in the palm of his hands !   he knew what made them tick  ,   he smacked them when they got out of line  , and took  the newbies into  his home until they found a place to live ...

He couldn`t get away  with it today  ,  but a lot of what he said   still  makes sense !  [;)]

Philip Pullmans Dark Materials is amazing, sooooooo much depth, quality read. Guy is a genius.

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke also a true modern day classic.

Loved Iwans Book and I really need to get a copy of Gunnys.

I read Harold Schumachers autobiography, ''crazy German keepe who almost killed Patrik Battiston at the 1982 world cup''

Great read, totally slated all the big players and the culture of gambling, prostitution and drinking in German football in the 70''s and 80''s, absorbing read.

Agree with Greeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnoooo about Roald Dahl, top author, my fave is Henry Sugar, though BFG and the witches were great stories.

Currently reading "Oral and Literate Culture in England, 1500-1700" - but that ''thriller'' is work related, lol[:D]! 

For pleasure, I am currently reading ''A Room with a View'' by EM Forster.

Favourites include - 1984 - Orwell/ Unbearable Lightness of Being - Kunderas/ Siddhartha - Hermann Hesse/ Wide Sargasso Sea - Jean Rhys/ Brave New World - Aldous Huxley etc etc.....

im reading rooneys auto-boigraphy for some reason, and he was quite smart at school apparently as there are pics pf his reports, why do people say he is dumb?

I am currently reading ''Supreme Courage'' by General Sir Peter de la Billiere, stories of Victoria Cross holders from the last 150 years.  Not my normal reading material, but a damned good read, I have to say.  Prior to that, I read Gunny''s book, which was also a bloody good read.

Favourite book of all time is more my normal choice of literature - Stephen King''s The Stand, although it is run very close by Stephen Donaldson with The Thomas Covenant saga (all 7 books!)

I haven''t actually read Hitchhikers for ages, being as how I know what

is going to happen in the next paragraph at all times in all five

books.  It is supposed to be wierd and sci-fi.

For rubbish try reading the lord of the rings - have tried it on five occasions and never made it to chapter 2.

Another thing - nobody reads the sun, they just look at the pictures.

[quote user="7rew"]I haven''t actually read Hitchhikers for ages, being as how I know what

is going to happen in the next paragraph at all times in all five

books.  It is supposed to be wierd and sci-fi.

For rubbish try reading the lord of the rings - have tried it on five occasions and never made it to chapter 2.

Another thing - nobody reads the sun, they just look at the pictures.

[/quote]With the Lord of the Rings, you need to start the Fellowship from the Council of Elrond... pretty much everything else in the book prior to that is nonsense... the second half of Fellowship and the other two books are actually cracking reads once you get into them!

Just finished the woman in white by wilkie collins and a clockwork orange by burgess.

Now starting a re-read of Kafkas metamorphasis

Currently reading (an old favourite): Treasure IslandFavourite book ever: The Count of Monte CristoAnd if anyone is feeling generaous then the first chapter of my book is now online at www.pippaealeyassociates.co.uk called The Day Jesus Rode into Croydon (includes to coppers called Inspector Polston and Sergeant Walker (the delusional hero of Goodison CID))

Jon Snow is rabbiting on at me with autobiographical words at the moment.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time is excellent.

The Beauty Queen''s Guide to World Peace I liked a lot too. Nuclear proliferation, climate change, the weakening of democracy - it''s like a structured version of the pink''un forum [:D]

Who needs books when you''ve got the telly to watch?

An out dated and dull mode of entertainment perpetuated by bores who don''t get out much. Read the last page and save yourselves the bother.....then watch The Simpsons at 6 o''clock....... Much funnier.

[quote user="Cluck "]

An out dated and dull mode of entertainment perpetuated by bores who don''t get out much. Read the last page and save yourselves the bother.....then watch The Simpsons at 6 o''clock....... Much funnier.

[/quote]

...un-bloody-believable [O]...

It''s almost as if you want people to argue with you [:P]

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]I can''t say I''m surprised...it may just be a wind up but if not it just speaks volumes for his level of intelligence. Not that I have anything against the simpsons.Anyway His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman is one of my favourites and beats Lord of the rings any day IMO. Can''t wait for the movie later this year.

UEA Canary wrote "Anyway His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman is one of my favourites and beats Lord of the rings any day IMO. Can''t wait for the movie later this year."

Yeah I was reading this whilst in Oxford for the week last year - which is a very boring anecdote[:D] but was a cool experience.

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Finally getting the point eh?  With so many posters of a "certain disposition" so desperate to be right on every topic raised....it becomes impossible not to take it as far as I can.....and yet still the "usual suspects" bite.

I''m bored now so you''ll all be safe for a few days.         [:)]

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Finally getting the point eh?  With so many posters of a "certain disposition" so desperate to be right on every topic raised....it becomes impossible not to take it as far as I can.....and yet still the "usual suspects" bite.

[/quote]

Trust me.. I got it some time ago Sir... [:D]

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Didn''t...........[;)]

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Didn''t...........[;)]

[/quote]

am I boverred though... [8-)][:P]

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote] good one...... your comment actually explains a lot about you. good contribution.