Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Luton not worthy!

From Sky Sports :-

Nigel Worthington has dismissed rumours he could take over at Luton, claiming he wants to take more time out to enjoy life with his family.

Worthington has had almost six months out of the game since he was sacked by Norwich, and says he has no plans to return before the end of the season.

Asked about the speculation he could be heading to Kenilworth Road, he told the Pink ''Un: "I don''t know anything about that, so I don''t know where it''s come from.

"I''m just enjoying life, spending time with my family doing things you aren''t able to do when you are in football, and it''s lovely.

"It''s the first time in 26 years I''ve been able to do that.

"I''m just enjoying the break. It''s nice at the moment. I will probably wait until the summer and see what happens."

And while Worthington still maintains an interest in former club Norwich, he has not returned to Carrow Road because he believes new boss Peter Grant deserves the chance to start afresh.

"I haven''t been back because I don''t think that would be fair on Peter. You have to let him get on with the job. I''ve been there, seen that and done that, but it''s Peter''s turn now."

Every single interview since being sacked from City, Worthy seems to go on about how much he''s enjoying his break and how he doesn''t want to rush back into football management. I''m probably reading too much into it, but maybe Worthy decided himself after the Fulham game (or there abouts) that he wanted out of management for a while. Getting sacked rather than leaving meant a huge pay-off so maybe the whole saga was a little bit intentional?