Sign in to follow this  
7rew

Daivd Nugent Quote

In the Guardian today: (Sport, page 5)This, after all, is a young man boasting a nice line in self-deprication who recently admitted "I''d like to be a Thierry Henry-type player but I''m actually closer to Darren Huckerby."What are we supposed to make of that?

That his professional aspiration is to model himself on Henry but in his personal life he prefers a more intimate  realtionship with Darren???

maybe he means his temper - Henry hardly ever loses his temper, whereas good old Hucks loses his at least once a match

he could even be referring to wages!

Maybe he''d rather have a neat, shaved head but is instead cursed with a dodgy barnet?  Someone should point him in the direction of some clippers...

How about ''Huckerby is the poor man''s Henry''.

Pretty high praise I would think. Rather like ''Gascoigne was the poor man''s Maradona".

Chin up Dazza.

OTBC

Nugent is as good as Huckerby in only one place..............................................

His dreams

whys nugent been called up and not chopra, hes had prem experience and has scored more goals

Chopra is injured, and Nugent is know to the england set up through the U21''s.

[quote user="7rew"]In the Guardian today: (Sport, page 5)

This, after all, is a young man boasting a nice line in self-deprication who recently admitted "I''d like to be a Thierry Henry-type player but I''m actually closer to Darren Huckerby."

[/quote]

Hope hes not closer to Hucks than me [:D]

Is this really a new quote? I actually read that quote from David Nugent in an old issue of four-four-two magazine in a doctor''s waiting room. It was during the 2004-05 season... Either the Guardian are recycling or Nugent said it again. Not that it really matters!

[quote user="ricardo"]

Nugent is as good as Huckerby in only one place..............................................

His dreams

[/quote]you forgot the england squad

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]whys nugent been called up and not chopra, hes had prem experience and has scored more goals[/quote]

because Chopra was crap in the premiership...

Nugent has never played in the prem.. so has never been crap in it.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]whys nugent been called up and not chopra, hes had prem experience and has scored more goals[/quote]

because Chopra was crap in the premiership...

Nugent has never played in the prem.. so has never been crap in it.

[/quote]I wouldn''t say that Jas, he hardly got a game and i know that a lot of newcastle fans didn''t really want to see him leave

in the latest 4-4-2 magazine Chopra himself mentions that he felt at the time he wasnt good enough for the premiership