Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Player of the season! .. MY VOTE IS FOR >>>

IMO - TOTALLY! ....

Its a tough one this, but in the end my vote is based not on the fact that someone has scored a lot of goals or played the odd two or three games well but on how he has turned himself around from being one of the most hated and booed players on the pitch, to a someone who now the crowd seem to love and gives his all game after game.

andy ''HUGHES!'' is getting my vote because of his passion for the game and the club, not just against Stoke but game after game. He now plays at right back and looks better there than in midfield, yet because of his midfeild history he can string the long passes together and attack up the wing. Yes he may not have the skill of hucks or dion, but we aren''t voteing on whoes the best player, we are voting on whoes the best player for a season of games and effort and desire for NCFC.

I must admit Dion, Earnie and Hucks all entered my mind, all have had a good season and with Dion he is also becoming a City Legend the man is a footballing God.

BUT ... I still belive that andy hughes has shown the biggest turn around and effort for a player this season.

Remember the fan attack incident? How much different is andy hughes now!

Cheers All ....

Why not post you choice and reason here ...............

You must be either a) a binner or b) a nutter if you''re voting psycho as player of the season.

To the first two replies, how narrow minded are you?? I agree with the original post that the turnaround of Andy Hughes has been immense and he deserves something for this.

Agreed, people like Huckerby and Earnshaw have been great this season, thats because they have proven themselves and have ALWAYS had the support of the fans, where as Andy Hughes has had to prove himself and his passion and commitment to each and every game has left me for one questionning the commitment of other players.

Just goes to show how some fans go with the crowd and cant see the big picture!

Hughes gets my vote!

OTBC

I agree that Hoozy is the most improved player at the club and is a valuable member of the squad.  He isn''t the most skillful but that''s not his job.  We have done well in the past by having battlers such as Holt and Gossy who add a bit of steel to our play.

But then again, some "supporters" always have to have their hate figure. 

As for player of the season - has to be the legend that is Hucks.

Surely the player of the season has to be the player who has had the most effect in influencing the results for the season. Now that can be in the form of a defender who has made numerous fantastic tackles, goalkeepers who made great saves in crucial matches at crucial times. Midfielders who have set up many goals or strikers who have scored hatful’s. Andy Hughes fall in to none of the above categories. His effort has never been in question but I and every other Norwich mad fan on here would run their guts out if they were allowed just 10 mins on the hallowed turf. He is an awful player he is playing in a league way above his ability. As for short sightedness I say you are mixing emotion with reality. Booing players is a waste of time and counterproductive but loving everybody just because they are at our club and try hard is no good either. Andy Hughes is utter fodder and he proves it week in week out. Can''t pass 5 yards can''t clear the ball up field without put the ball out and basically can''t cut it at this level. All of this doesn''t make the guy a bad person but it sure as hell don''t make him player of the season.

His effort has never been in question, but this is not enough to win him player of the season... I wouldn''t even say "most improved" because that, for me, fell to Colin before Grant took to preferring Captain Clappy (something I still don''t understand)... The top 3 will be, imo:1: Hucks2: Dublin3: Earnie/Martin

[quote user="SnakePitArmy"]

To the first two replies, how narrow minded are you?? I agree with the original post that the turnaround of Andy Hughes has been immense and he deserves something for this.

Agreed, people like Huckerby and Earnshaw have been great this season, thats because they have proven themselves and have ALWAYS had the support of the fans, where as Andy Hughes has had to prove himself and his passion and commitment to each and every game has left me for one questionning the commitment of other players.

Just goes to show how some fans go with the crowd and cant see the big picture!

Hughes gets my vote!

OTBC

[/quote]

Thanks for your support!!!!!

To the first reply what the hell are you going on about? Nurse??? Anyway .... and to Safri15, I''m not a nutter or a binner, just don''t always jump on the bandwagon and vote for a striker all the time, it is a team effort! And my reply to Hary Canary is, the only laughing stock is you if you don''t think this post was serious. Andy Hughes has shown a lot more for this club (this Season) than a lot of no hopers such as Thorne, McVeigh, Robinson etc .. Wake up.

Anyway it did state IMO at the top. Sometimes I wonder why I bother posting on this forum, cheers to all the sensible replies.

1st Wizard what do you think?????

i may vote for andy hughes, seen as im a member of the andy hughes fanclub in the barclay

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap - HUGHES!

I see your point but he''s hardly been the best player this season has he? Most improved maybe, but that isn''t what the award is for. I''m not jumping on any bandwagon, but its plain to see that Huckerby, yet again has been our best player.

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

Andy Hughes has shown a lot more for this club (this Season) than a lot of no hopers such as Thorne, McVeigh, Robinson etc .. Wake up.

[/quote]

agreed he has shown alot more for this club than the 3 mentioned, but that would still put him behind the obvious choices of huckerby, dublin, earnie, and i would even put him behind some of our ''lesser'' contenders such as safri, colin, shackell, martin etc. 

I could run out and give 110% put you would all still say i was s**t so on tht principle it is ridiculous to award him for this

hahahaha this thread is just hilarious and totally endemic of everything that is currently wrong with NCFC....

hahahaha what a joke... tell us another one please!!!!  [8-|]

That posters seriously consider voting for Hughes as POTS just goes to prove what a load of s**t this particular award is. I''m beginning to understand how Doherty and Fleming won the title.

[quote user="snake pit army"]

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

Andy Hughes has shown a lot more for this club (this Season) than a lot of no hopers such as Thorne, McVeigh, Robinson etc .. Wake up.

[/quote]

agreed he has shown alot more for this club than the 3 mentioned, but that would still put him behind the obvious choices of huckerby, dublin, earnie, and i would even put him behind some of our ''lesser'' contenders such as safri, colin, shackell, martin etc. 

I could run out and give 110% put you would all still say i was s**t so on tht principle it is ridiculous to award him for this

[/quote]

Good points! But hes still getting my vote. He may not win but if he gets third spot that will be good enough for me to know that his efforts have been rewarded.

Also cheers for the reply Safri15, nice to see a reply rather than a sarky comment. I understand all you views, my Norwich favs are (apart from hughes) -

Hucks, Dion, Safri, Etuhu, Shackell, Earnie. (and b4 you say ..Etuhu!! I think this player CAN be one of our best central midfielders for a while, when he wants to play)

I hate and wish that grants would get rid of this deadwood - Thorne, McVeigh, Gallacher.

The rest have shown me that they can play ok when they want to, but aren''t really excelling enough at there chosen career to warant my vote.

Cheers Again

Andy Hughes. Player of the season.What IS going on??Does anybody on this message board, anyboday at all - actually go to watch Norwich play :|

[quote user="BedsCanary"]Andy Hughes.

Player of the season.

What IS going on??

Does anybody on this message board, anyboday at all - actually go to watch Norwich play :|
[/quote]

It''s the typical Norwich fan mentality, Beds. "Let''s vote for the nice guy who, whilst is absoltute sh*te, always tries his best and has a smile on his face! Sod the players who actually know how to play football and have been vital to our survival hopes this season..."

[quote user="BedsCanary"]Andy Hughes. Player of the season.What IS going on??Does anybody on this message board, anyboday at all - actually go to watch Norwich play :|[/quote]Doesn''t seem that way sometimes Beds. Madness.

[quote user="BedsCanary"]Andy Hughes.

Player of the season.

What IS going on??

Does anybody on this message board, anyboday at all - actually go to watch Norwich play :|
[/quote]

Yes I do watch them play and have watched Hughes turn his season and career around! Are you blind? AND Have you not heard the crowd?

If you don''t think that he is worth player of the season then fine don''t vote for him. Its a free vote and we all have our own choice and why.

BUT DON"T TAKE THE PISS WITH STUPID ''HA HA HA''s '' like big grin smudger. At least give a reason.

(can''t reply to any more comments now until over 2weeks as away working, back in time for next home game. Not that I want to reply to any more comments like smudgers and BedsCanarys''!!!)

If Andy Hughes puts in an horrendous performance and we lose then he''s the worst player ever to wear a Norwich shirt.If Andy Hughes puts in an horrendous performance and we win, at least he puts in 110% effort and is player of the season candidate.You lot need to make up your mind. Hughes has done ''OK'' at right back, but no better than Colin before he was dropped. Just because Hughes puts in 100% effort every game doesn''t mean that Hucks, Safri, Earnshaw, Martin etc. don''t.I''ll never understand this "let''s vote for him because he tries hard" thing, because in reality, he tries no harder than anyone else on the pitch - the only difference is he isn''t good enough and his 100% effort is all people can latch onto.

Lets cut to the chase eh ?  ( no pun intended !)     the term " Player of the season "  really means only one thing , which player  has been outstanding  throughout the season ?   a player  whose skill  , application ,  and determination  has singled him out  for that title ......

I give you ..... Mattieu  Lois jean !   without him , where would we be ?    he will be sorely missed  by the club , there will always be a special  niche for him in the clubs  history.......

Hucks just might scrape through though , the idle gits  only  discovered  how to score goals because that genious Grant  has taught him how deliver the final  touch  .....  [:^)]    the scorer of a hundred goals in his career  , will always remember   Grants wise words  .... probably with a Glasgow kiss  !!  [:D]

[quote user="savenell"]andy hughes is getting my vote aswell[/quote]

What is it with the City fan''s , We spend £500, 000 , on a midfield player , who turn''s out not good enough , is filling in at right back and all at once he is player of the year , i bet you are the fan''s who voted for Doc , Holt , Bond , thank goodness we never had a player of the season when Charlie Billington was playing .

Well Hughes is the obvious choice.

After all in competition he''s only got a bloke who knocked in 17 goals before injury, a chap who can run half the pitch beating 4 men and score from 20 yards, a fellow who starts his first senior games and within no time has scored 5 goals earning an England call up, a 37 year old who helps to shore up the defence while popping up with some useful goals of his own, a home grown product steadily carving out a solid partnership and also popping up with some useful headers, a midfield dynamo who while injury prone sometimes single handedly appears to be the only tackler with a fearsome long range shot and a left back who isn''t very exciting but is Mr reliable who''s only appreciated when he''s out.

Not much there then.  Mr Hughes- its yours by a street so better start polishing that matelpiece.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

Well Hughes is the obvious choice.

After all in competition he''s only got a bloke who knocked in 17 goals before injury, a chap who can run half the pitch beating 4 men and score from 20 yards, a fellow who starts his first senior games and within no time has scored 5 goals earning an England call up, a 37 year old who helps to shore up the defence while popping up with some useful goals of his own, a home grown product steadily carving out a solid partnership and also popping up with some useful headers, a midfield dynamo who while injury prone sometimes single handedly appears to be the only tackler with a fearsome long range shot and a left back who isn''t very exciting but is Mr reliable who''s only appreciated when he''s out.

Not much there then.  Mr Hughes- its yours by a street so better start polishing that matelpiece.

[/quote]

I think that if it is going on performances over the entire season I think I would find it hard to vote for Martin as the winner of POTS. That is no dissrespect to the performances he has put in and the difference he has made on the pitch but I think there are other players who have been in the side throughout the season and have done well.

If I had a choice I would give Martin the 3rd place slot. Huckerby and Earnshaw are the obvious candidates with others like Safri, Shackell, Drury and Dublin in hot pursuit. I would have thrown Colin into that bracket also had it not been for the fact that he lost his place to Hughes who although solid enough does not offer as much all round in that position in my opinion as Colin.

Hi again , back early from working away so can reply ....

Don''t you think that you are all taking this a bit too serously?

I mean, I only gave my choice of player of the season. I nver said vote for Andy hughes or else.

Some of the replies on her are just mad and ott.

Its only a posting. Calm down.

In the end you can vote for who you want, I won''t stop you.

Anyway .....

Cheers All ..... I''ve already voted now!