Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Anyone else like to see Charlton survive?

Am I the only one who''d like to see Charlton survive relegation and drag someone else in instead?Not through any particular affinity to the club, especially since they''re the Binners B Team, but there''s a few reasons...1) Pardew - Wet Sham made a mistake in sacking him, and given that the club are a mess and their fans are mostly tw*ts, I''d love them to have their noses rubbed in it by Pardew saving a club who were certainties when he took over... would be hilarious, if nothing else!2) Sheffield United - hate them.  Not just Wolves and Ipswich, for me.  They play horrible football, they''ve got horrible fans and a horrible manager.  They''re just a horrible club, and whilst part of me is glad to see the back of them this season, I think Colin has been getting far too smug in recent months on MOTD, etc, and needs a good kick in the teeth to wipe the smile off his face... Charlton dragging them in would do nicely!  Failing that, would like Man City to get dragged in, just so I can go see Norwich here next year! [:D]3) Pure entertainment - the bottom 3 and top 4 of the Prem have been certainties for some time, so it would be nice to see a little bit of a battle going on down there.  Nothing''s more boring than a final day where nowt is at stake, and it''s looking like this might be the case.  It''s up to Charlton to drag a few in and make it interesting...Any thoughts?

You''re not on your own EM, but I am less fussed than I was a few weeks ago.

I really want West Ham to go down. It just offers too much comedy to turn down. And I would have loved Charlton to stay up and sent Wigan down. Sadly, now the latter has picked up a few points it all seems a little less edgy to me...

I think you may get lucky with Colin & Co though. They are by no means clear of the pack and it wouldn''t take too many games for them to find themselves teetering on the edge.

For some reason though, I just don''t hate Sheefield United as much as I used to. I can''t put my finger on why. It is the same with Wolves.

It would be good if it all got a bit more interesting... how about scrapping draws for the remainder of the season?!...

i would love charlton to survive. you know newcastle would just try to snap up bent if they got relegated.... i dont like newcastle.

i hate sheffield united.

I''d like Charlton to stay up and Wigan to go down.

Wigan like Blackburn years ago "bought" their success. Curbishley circled like a vulture waiting for Pardew to get the push...then stepped in thinking he would take the league by storm. I hope he gets his come-uppance and Pardew gets the last laugh.

I hope Sheff U survive if only to show others that it is possible to hang in there if you show some guts...I doubt there will be a 6-0 defeat for them on the last day of the season somehow! Defeat perhaps....total capitulation no.

Almost complete agreement here mate, except for three things:1) I have to keep quiet about wanting ManC relegated, as my supervisor is an avid fan.2) I have picked up a distaste for Alan Pardew of late due to having a mate who supports Reading.  Still hate West Ham and Colin much much more.3) I''d much rather see watford survive.

Charlton to survive? No thanks.

It might just kick our Board up the backside in seeing "the success" of the club that we are constantly basing ourselves on...

[quote user="Cluck "]

Wigan like Blackburn years ago "bought" their success. Curbishley circled like a vulture waiting for Pardew to get the push...then stepped in thinking he would take the league by storm. I hope he gets his come-uppance and Pardew gets the last laugh.

I hope Sheff U survive if only to show others that it is possible to hang in there if you show some guts...I doubt there will be a 6-0 defeat for them on the last day of the season somehow! Defeat perhaps....total capitulation no.

[/quote]

So it''s OK if an investor comes in with pots of money to oust Smith & Co but not for other teams eh Cluck??????

i would love colin and wigan (10-15, 000 supporters) get relegated, sheff u cos they play awful football, and well are generally horrible and wigan to shut dave whelan up, and come on they have the attendance or a mid table div1 club, not a premiership team!!

BUT having said that i put a decent amount of money for charlton to drop and I was so smug around christmas time, so come on charlton u can do it, just get RELEGATED, please, I need it!

as 4 west ham, they deserve to go down, mercanery scum bags!

Charlton, West Sham and Wigan down would suit me.

Charlton to show Delia that they are not Utopia, WS because the big time charlies deserve it and Wigan because they just don''t belong in the Prem.

I seem to be the only person that doesnt hate Sheffield United on here. To be honest I love them, the way the play and I think Colin''s great. But watever..I dont care who goes down as long as West Ham stay up. So that basically would mean Charlton Watford nd Blades down even tho I want them all to stay up.

Yes our old freind colin has been quite smug over the last few weeks, i think its time that smile was wiped of his face.I notice they have to travel to the valley on april  21st that would be a nice time for Charlton to leap frog them in the league , i am now imagining colin,s excuses to as and why the referee had not given them this that and the other decision bring it on OTBC

Out of the bottom few at the moment, the only two that I would like to survive would be Watford (v unlikely) or Charlton. Apart from that I''m not really bothered though I would be very happy to see West Ham and Colin''s lot relegated.

[quote user="OliverAllan"]I seem to be the only person that doesnt hate Sheffield United on here. To be honest I love them, the way the play and I think Colin''s great. But watever..I dont care who goes down as long as West Ham stay up. So that basically would mean Charlton Watford nd Blades down even tho I want them all to stay up.[/quote]

All good Oliver. I was just wondering why you would like West Ham to stay up? I would be interested to know. 

It is not a view we get very often on here [:)]

[quote user="The Third Earl of WimBim"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

So it''s OK if an investor comes in with pots of money to oust Smith & Co but not for other teams eh Cluck??????

[/quote]

There''s a difference between "buying success" and appropriate investment. Personally I have never followed City to see us win every game nor become a short term meteor....but I do want to see decent football on the pitch and a skillful squad...and that takes rather more than your St. Delia is putting in.

Something on the Reading scale would be nice...and their rise is based purely on skillful business practise and a good scouting network. Neither are evident at Carrow Road in 2007...nor the preceeding 10 years.

Next?

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="The Third Earl of WimBim"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There''s a difference between "buying success" and appropriate investment. Personally I have never followed City to see us win every game nor become a short term meteor....but I do want to see decent football on the pitch and a skillful squad...and that takes rather more than your St. Delia is putting in.

Something on the Reading scale would be nice...and their rise is based purely on skillful business practise and a good scouting network. Neither are evident at Carrow Road in 2007...nor the preceeding 10 years.

Next?

[/quote]

My ''St. Delia'' - now there''s a thought.  Funnily enough Cluck I have no allegiance to Delia or any other member of the board - like you I just want Norwich to do well on the pitch.  All I wanted to do was highlight the apparent hypocrisy of your post as you continue to inhabit Cloud Cluckoo Land while most of us have to live in the real world.  Presumably then ''skillful'' doesn''t include mazy one man runs ending in a goal nor clever back heal interchanges having the same end result.

Charlton are a fairly inoffensive club, so I wouldn''t mind them staying up. But they have a fairly tricky run of games until the end of the season. So I can''t see it happening, despite their current good form. The only other club with a similarly tough run-in are Man City, and I would love to see them go down.  I know that people mean about Sheff Utd. But Colin''s interviews provide good comedy value on Match of the Day.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the 2 bents, Hreidarson, Ambrose and Matt holland...

I''ll laugh if they come down!

jas :)

[/quote]

That''s five very good reasons to laugh jas [:D]

[quote user="The Third Earl of WimBim"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="The Third Earl of WimBim"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Next?

[/quote]

My ''St. Delia'' - now there''s a thought.  Funnily enough Cluck I have no allegiance to Delia or any other member of the board - like you I just want Norwich to do well on the pitch.  All I wanted to do was highlight the apparent hypocrisy of your post as you continue to inhabit Cloud Cluckoo Land while most of us have to live in the real world.  Presumably then ''skillful'' doesn''t include mazy one man runs ending in a goal nor clever back heal interchanges having the same end result.

[/quote]

Highlight what you like sunshine....it''s a free world.

Yes i would , as i have £20 double on Sheff Utd and Watford to be relegated , selfish i know but there we are .

in a perversely funny way id like to see wigan go down.. everyone says "look at wigan" yes look at a team who over acheived for a season, sold their best player to spurs and have now been found out as not being as good as the hype had us believe...

they''ve done an Ipswich and paid the price.

jas :)

Only if it''s at the expense of Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea!

Seriously, Pardew was always one of the reasons I didn''t like West Ham, there''s a certain smugness about him I don''t like. So Charlton down for me.

The other two, West Ham purely to teach a few of their players a lesson, too many of them believed the hype after last season and a spell in the Championship would do them good, and Sheffield Utd, I was starting to warm to Colin earlier in the season but he''s reverted to type again recently.

To be fair I don''t really like any of the teams in the Premiership, apart from Arsenal and all those lovely foreigners!