Sign in to follow this  
Truthseeker

EDP Fan's Eye article

Yet again in the Fan''s Eye article in the EDP, Adam Aiken feels the need to tell the whole world that he and others wanted a new manager installed long before last October. By others, I guess he means his friends on the NCISA committee. Why does he keep repeating this? Is it some kind of need that he and others on the NCISA committee have of demonstrating how right they were and how wrong everyone else was?

Yet again in the Pinkun Forum, the poster Truthseeker feels the need to start yet another new thread about the NCISA.  By this, I guess he is trying to settle some kind of personal vendetta.  Why does he keep repeating this? Is it some kind of need that he has of demonstrating how bitter he is at some unknown event?Or maybe it''s because he literally has nothing else of interest to say...? [:)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Yet again in the Pinkun Forum, the poster Truthseeker feels the need to start yet another new thread about the NCISA.  By this, I guess he is trying to settle some kind of personal vendetta.  Why does he keep repeating this? Is it some kind of need that he has of demonstrating how bitter he is at some unknown event?

Or maybe it''s because he literally has nothing else of interest to say...? [:)]
[/quote]

I dont know whether to be flattered or slightly nervous EM. Its getting a bit like having a stalker![:)]

I''m really sorry but why would someone put there name as truthseeker? is it in gest. Or does someone on a message board really take themselves that seriously? Also, when you say truth seeker, are you refering to the Daily Mail style of truth seeking? As in creating moral panics, folk devils and in many cases ignoring certain truths to force opinions on others?

It is not about taking myself too seriously. It is about highlighting the hidden agendas that people have. It all started with one of the NCISA committee being exposed for not being entirely straight on these message boards. Now my concern is the spin and the untold facts regarding NISA''s cosy relationship with supposedly independent journalists. I have no problem with anyone''s point of view - I just think that a supporters'' association and journalists should be independent of each other, or at least be open about it.

[quote user="Truthseeker"]

It is not about taking myself too seriously. It is about highlighting the hidden agendas that people have. It all started with one of the NCISA committee being exposed for not being entirely straight on these message boards. Now my concern is the spin and the untold facts regarding NISA''s cosy relationship with supposedly independent journalists. I have no problem with anyone''s point of view - I just think that a supporters'' association and journalists should be independent of each other, or at least be open about it.

[/quote]

Why don''t you take up your concerns with the NCISA and whatever journalists you''re not happy with then?

I haven''t always been the NCISA biggest fan but was invited to speak to one of their committee members about my concerns and found them to be very honest and informative, so all credit to them.

Is the truthseeker the '' Seeker of truth and justice '' Mike ''Porky'' Parry ( TALKsport ) Radio presenter ?

Listeners to said radio station will be more than familiar to Mr Parry and his school of thought.

The part of the article in the EDP, which I presume Truthseeker was referring to was as follows: -

".......It''s not his fault we are where we are. Indeed, I believe that without him we''d be even more badly off.
And perhaps if the Grant revolution had got under way a little bit sooner, as so many of us had been demanding, we would now have more to play for than simply looking forward to sending Ipswich down to League One on April 22....."

I cannot see how you can consider this so controversial. Adam Aitken is a good writer, who has expressed an opinion, which is the whole point of his article.

If we didn''t have Adam Aitken, Steve Gedge and Richard Balls writing from the fans point of view, the sports section wouldn''t be worth reading at all.

Tim

[quote user="Truthseeker"]Yet again in the Fan''s Eye article in the EDP, Adam Aiken feels the need to tell the whole world that he and others wanted a new manager installed long before last October. By others, I guess he means his friends on the NCISA committee. Why does he keep repeating this? Is it some kind of need that he and others on the NCISA committee have of demonstrating how right they were and how wrong everyone else was?[/quote]

I have posted about articles like this before. It''s going over the same ground. Richard Balls has written similar and so have others columnists on here. I read in one of them that the Board should come out and admit they were wrong and apologise. But to be fair at a time when results were poor and we couldn''t see improvement what else could be written? The only alternative would have been to attack the present manager and that wouldn''t have been acceptable.

But since January there has been noticable improvement and it seems strange to be going back over that old ground yet again. But I guess the close season will be the last of the inquests and lets all hope for a good start to next season so that everybody can move on together.

NCISA column this week has gone a stage further and started crediting Peter Grant with worthy''s successes. (Joke Kathy!) The column states that: Under Grant we have enjoyed six ties this season culminating in a wonderful day out at Chelsea. Amazingly they were all away from home. Of course two of them were before he arrived!

Truthseeker - Why do you ONLY post about NCISA and why does Roy Blower have to step down while he is Mayor and what situation should we all be aware of? I asked you in the other thread but you didn''t answer! Guess you don''t have to!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Why don''t you take up your concerns with the NCISA and whatever journalists you''re not happy with then?

I haven''t always been the NCISA biggest fan but was invited to speak to one of their committee members about my concerns and found them to be very honest and informative, so all credit to them.

[/quote]

No need for that, City Angel. I have already been contacted directly by the journalist concerned. Let me just say that we beg to differ.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Truthseeker - Why do you ONLY post about NCISA and why does Roy Blower have to step down while he is Mayor and what situation should we all be aware of? I asked you in the other thread but you didn''t answer! Guess you don''t have to!

[/quote]

Nigel - I only post about NCISA because that is who I know most about. I am not a regular at Carrow Road so I don''t feel it is my place to pass comment about the team when there are people on this board who know far more about them than I do. I have said it before and I will say it again: NCISA just needs to be honest and open.

I never said Roy Blower should step down to be Mayor. It was the NCISA committee that decided that.

The situation that needs publicising is that there is a bitter feud within NCISA about who should replace Roy Blower. That feud is NCISA''s right, but the members have not been kept up to speed with these developments.

Why is it NCISA creates such an industry around itself. It''s not even the biggest supporters club! And from the sounds of it, it''s as independant as Mike Wynn-Jones.

[quote user="Truthseeker"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Nigel - I only post about NCISA because that is who I know most about. I am not a regular at Carrow Road so I don''t feel it is my place to pass comment about the team when there are people on this board who know far more about them than I do. I have said it before and I will say it again: NCISA just needs to be honest and open.

I never said Roy Blower should step down to be Mayor. It was the NCISA committee that decided that.

The situation that needs publicising is that there is a bitter feud within NCISA about who should replace Roy Blower. That feud is NCISA''s right, but the members have not been kept up to speed with these developments.

[/quote]

Thanks for answering those questions.

It seems strange to me why anyone would have such an interest in NCISA yet not in the football team itself.

I personally don''t see why Roy Blower can''t be Chairman of NCISA and Lord Mayor but that is surely only a matter for the NCISA Committee. What I will say again is that I think he is a good choice for Lord Mayor.

I regularly read all the columns on this site and it''s obvious that the NCISA columnists have had different opinions during the last couple of years. So I can quite believe they have different views if there is to be a successor to Roy Blower. I also think that Roy Blower is probably more important to NCISA than many people imagine.

As far as I know NCISA only have a few hundred members so I doubt people are as concerned as you as you seem to be.

[quote user="Truthseeker"]

[/quote]No offence, Truthseeker, but what right do you have to spray these accusations around, and even so why should we care? Divisions over who should take over from Roy Blower (and trust me, I was never his biggest fan but never felt the need to post that about him)? People undecided over who should chair a large organisation? Wow, I bet that''s never happened before...Look at it this way - say you work for Norwich Union (shocking thought, I know) and old Paddy Snowball decides to step down... there''d be utter chaos within the boardroom as to who''d take over, but would you or I be particularly interested? I certainly wouldn''t during my time there, I probably couldn''t have cared less... It''s the same here, for me.  The NCISA will remain no matter who takes over, the organisation generally being more important than one person.  Divisions are natural in this situation and members should simply let them sort it out without sticking their oar in like Michael Paine the nosy neighbour...

NCISA column this week has gone a stage further and started crediting Peter Grant with worthy''s successes. (Joke Kathy!) The column states that: Under Grant we have enjoyed six ties this season culminating in a wonderful day out at Chelsea. Amazingly they were all away from home. Of course two of them were before he arrived!

[/quote]

Its all right Nigel. I dont mind you putting me right! I''m not a scary person really. (Definitely not as scary as that EDP24 virtual newsreader Brian. Have you seen him? Eeek)

This isnt an official NCISA reply to this thread. I just it was about time that I cleared up a few points.

Adam Aiken.

Adam is a former committee member and he has remained good friends with some of the present committee members including myself. I reserve the right to choose my own friends, as does he. I have a friend who is a Lib Dem councillor. This does not mean either myself or NCISA for that matter are aligned to a political party. We at NCISA can think for ourselves. We do not need Adam to do this for us.

Roy

Roy is stepping down temporarily while he takes up the post of Lord Mayor. It was his decision to do this. The committee did not tell him to step down. I believe that last years Lord Mayor attended over 700 official engagements during his term of office. This means that Roy would probably not be able to give his full attentions to footballing matters and decided to stand aside while is he is Lord Mayor. I think this is a sensible decision.

There is'' infighting'' in the committee because Roy is stepping down

More than one committee member as shown an interest in taking over the temporary position of chairman. This means the committee will vote on the matter. If this is ''infighting'' then yes we have infighting. I prefer to call it a democratic election

''NCISA creates an industry around itself''

This is an unfair criticism. The reason we feature pretty regularly on this notice board is because other people, Truth seeker for example, are constantly mentioning us, usually critically. Despite the fact that I post regularly on this message board, I very rarely refer to NCISA, and I never post as NCISA secretary. The only posts I create that are related to NCISA are informative ones about the Canary Challenge , forums, quizzes etc, which I hope are informative to people. Our officers, including myself, appear from time to time on the TV, radio and in the press. We do this because we are asked. I can honestly say I have never rung up anybody in the media and said '' This is my opinion. Please publicise it''. I am sure that goes for my fellow committee memebers too. Quite honestly I would prefer that we didnt get all this attention and could just get on with our work quietly in the background.

The organisation is ''not independent''

An ironic statement in a thread that accuses NCISA of disloyalty to the club! When we arranged the meeting at St Andrews Hall I had many emails. Some were supportive, some critical and some downright abusive. Some people found us too radical and and said we were disloyal to the club, others said we were too cosy with the club and should be arranging demonstartions, boycotts and pitch invasions. I answered them all politely and as honestly as I could. This just goes to show whatever your stance you cannot please all the people. I can assure you that NCISA are independent. As Neil Doncaster.

We are not a subversive organisation. I get the impression sometimes that some of you think we are. I wont go into all the money we have raised over the years - that has been done before. I will simply say that the bottom line is that we all love Norwich City as you do. We all want the same thing in the long run Why not join us and see for yourselves.

Kathy

[quote user="ob1"]Why is it NCISA creates such an industry around itself. It''s not even the biggest supporters club! And from the sounds of it, it''s as independant as Mike Wynn-Jones.[/quote]

a strange comment, considering they arranged a meeting to discuss the managers position totally against the wishes of the club.

my name is truthseeker, and i aim to supply all you people out there with the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me bill gates.

i agree with master j do pur. what a sad name man. its as though he thinks hes doing us a favour!

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

The part of the article in the EDP, which I presume Truthseeker was referring to was as follows: -

".......It''s not his fault we are where we are. Indeed, I believe that without him we''d be even more badly off.
And perhaps if the Grant revolution had got under way a little bit sooner, as so many of us had been demanding, we would now have more to play for than simply looking forward to sending Ipswich down to League One on April 22....."

I cannot see how you can consider this so controversial. Adam Aitken is a good writer, who has expressed an opinion, which is the whole point of his article.

If we didn''t have Adam Aitken, Steve Gedge and Richard Balls writing from the fans point of view, the sports section wouldn''t be worth reading at all.

Tim

[/quote]

Entirely agree with you on that, Tim.

They are all perceptive writers but for me Steve Gedge seems to '' hit the nail on the head ''. He''s been accused by some of his colleagues of being all gloom and doom but, for me, certainly as far as NCFC is concerned at the present time, his ''glass half empty '' style is spot on. 

I have thought long and hard about posting here, but on the basis that mud sticks, I have decided to go ahead and do it. When the columnist becomes the story, you know things have gone too far.

I have no idea who this Truthseeker character is. Until last night, I had had no correspondence with him. And yet he apparently has no problem with posting unfounded and malicious comments on this website.

Last night, I sent him a private message warning him not to cross the line between falsehoods and defamation, and inviting him to get in touch for a constructive chat. Any such dialogue would have remained confidential. The response I got, however, accused me of being aggressive and trying to instigate a cover-up. Quite what that cover up is, I''ve no idea.

I am all for citizen journalism - it''s a fact of life these days. And in a way, my Fan''s Eye column is a form of citizen journalism in itself. On that basis, I have no problem being slated for my views, style of writing or anything else. After all, it''d be a bit rich for me to use my platform in the EDP to criticise the board, the players, the management and anyone else if I couldn''t take the flak myself.

What this Truthseeker is doing, however, is hiding anonymously and posting nonsense. For the record, as I have pointed out more than once in my Fan''s Eye column, I am a former member of the NCISA committee, and I stood down in the summer. A conflict of interests would not have been fair on the EDP, Norwich City, NCISA or me. But I remain proud of my role within that association, having been on the committee (with one break) since the Robert Chase days.

Of course I still have friends on the committee. But if they tried to tell me what to write, they''d soon be told where to go. (Likewise, I have a couple of contacts in the police from my days as a crime reporter. But before he starts his next conspiracy theory, Truthseeker might be interested to know that the police have no input into my column, either.)

Basically, I''m all for debate on these message boards. It''s all about free speech, and if you don''t agree with something then you''re free to look away or log off. But when people anonymously try to cause trouble, that''s something else entirely.

Adam (Fan''s Eye)

[quote user="Fans Eye"]

I have thought long and hard about posting here, but on the basis that mud sticks, I have decided to go ahead and do it. When the columnist becomes the story, you know things have gone too far.

I have no idea who this Truthseeker character is. Until last night, I had had no correspondence with him. And yet he apparently has no problem with posting unfounded and malicious comments on this website.

Last night, I sent him a private message warning him not to cross the line between falsehoods and defamation, and inviting him to get in touch for a constructive chat. Any such dialogue would have remained confidential. The response I got, however, accused me of being aggressive and trying to instigate a cover-up. Quite what that cover up is, I''ve no idea.

I am all for citizen journalism - it''s a fact of life these days. And in a way, my Fan''s Eye column is a form of citizen journalism in itself. On that basis, I have no problem being slated for my views, style of writing or anything else. After all, it''d be a bit rich for me to use my platform in the EDP to criticise the board, the players, the management and anyone else if I couldn''t take the flak myself.

What this Truthseeker is doing, however, is hiding anonymously and posting nonsense. For the record, as I have pointed out more than once in my Fan''s Eye column, I am a former member of the NCISA committee, and I stood down in the summer. A conflict of interests would not have been fair on the EDP, Norwich City, NCISA or me. But I remain proud of my role within that association, having been on the committee (with one break) since the Robert Chase days.

Of course I still have friends on the committee. But if they tried to tell me what to write, they''d soon be told where to go. (Likewise, I have a couple of contacts in the police from my days as a crime reporter. But before he starts his next conspiracy theory, Truthseeker might be interested to know that the police have no input into my column, either.)

Basically, I''m all for debate on these message boards. It''s all about free speech, and if you don''t agree with something then you''re free to look away or log off. But when people anonymously try to cause trouble, that''s something else entirely.

Adam (Fan''s Eye)

[/quote]

Adam,

I am with you 100%. Well done for coming on here and setting the record straight. I think you were right to do so.

Adam, it''s not so much a cover-up that I''m concerned about. It''s the fact you are so closely linked with NCISA. And I notice you make no mention of the power struggle going on within NCISA at the moment.

[quote user="Truthseeker"]Adam, it''s not so much a cover-up that I''m concerned about. It''s the fact you are so closely linked with NCISA. And I notice you make no mention of the power struggle going on within NCISA at the moment.[/quote]

Adam has said in his post that he''s still friends with some of the NCISA committee whom he worked with for a long time until he resigned last summer, whats wrong with that?

As to your second point re a power struggle I think that was answered by Kathy a serving committee member who is in a position to comment.

Last time this happened we lost Rossi!!! [;)]

Kathy - Is it to be Duffy or Gunny now we have lost "Deadly Doug"?

[/quote]I miss Rossi

As an open and honest policy has been called for by Truthseeker with regard to NCISA  and the infighting and the power struggle that he states is taking place over our chairmans decision to stand down whilst Lord Mayor of Norwich the time has come for me to have my say.Truthseeker you are ill informed and way off beam by the source you state you know within the committee.I am John Tilson treasurer of NCISA  so feel free to put me within your sights alongside Kathy and Adam.A vote is taking place at our next committee meeting to appoint Roys successor.That is democratic and within our constitution.The officers  and committee are then all up for election at our next AGM.The new chairman will be announced when one is appionted.Any problem with that Truthseeker? If so join the association and vote to change things at the AGM.Your crusade to have Adam cut off from his friends on the committee is pathetic.To say he influences us at NCISA or for us to influence his press articles is laughable.Adam has been a damn good friend for over ten years from when he was a UEA student and he drinks in my pub (The Cottage,Silver Road)We meet at social functions that have nothing to do with football but to follow Truthseekers train of thought i must now ban him from my pub and strike him off the Tilson christmas card list.The trouble with you Truthseeker is that you told Kathy your name is Simon Neary.That is not the truth old boy is it ? What have you hidden in the closet ? You know who Kathy,Adam and now i am so now is the time to come clean or would your name and location cause problems ? Finally clever dick i will not bore you with the date of the next committee meetings or the names in the frame for Roys job as no doubt your source has kept you up to speed on all things NCISA

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"] [quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]I miss Rossi[/quote]What actually happened there? I missed something and have never managed to glean the details since...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Master J-Do Pur"] [quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]I miss Rossi[/quote]What actually happened there? I missed something and have never managed to glean the details since...[/quote]I don''t really remember everything but it was basically a couple of people had two or more accounts on here to make out more people agreed with a certain Issue (i believe it was something to do with NCISA but may be wrong) i had to try and find out what happened on a while ago because i thought Rossi was a fairly interesting poster

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Master J-Do Pur"] [quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]I miss Rossi[/quote]What actually happened there? I missed something and have never managed to glean the details since...[/quote]Here you go - Found ithttp://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/799009/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Master J-Do Pur"] [quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]I miss Rossi[/quote]What actually happened there? I missed something and have never managed to glean the details since...[/quote]Here you go - Found ithttp://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/799009/ShowPost.aspx[/quote]

that is amazing, even after being ripped to shreds the last time truthseeker fought for truth and justice within the galaxy, to inform us of a load of porky pies and speculation.... he still returns

this superhero is one who needs to be taken seriously.... obv