Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Daring the NCFC Board to respond

Excellent post LGT. I have taken the liberty of copying your post below from the original thread in the hope of generating reaction. I dare the NCFC Board to respond.

---

same old, same old.  football not an attractive investment, blah, blah - loss making industry, blah, blah.  difficult to attract investment, blah, blah - unless assett strippers, blah, blah or real football fans (presumerably delia), blah,blah. struggle on as before, blah, blah.Mandaric did ok at pompy, and wants to do the same at leicester.  are the multi-billionaire yank investors in the prem in it for the love of ''soccer'' or cos they want to make a buck???sheff utd got new board members with dosh and went up, and look like staying up.  derby got some money in, and look like gaining auto promotion or at least a top 6 finish.  sunderland were bought by a consortium in the summer - don''t look much like assett strippers to me.  the economic model that got us promotion was based on extra invetment via a share issue and the directors matching it.  ''prudence before ambition'' got us relegated, and has failed to get us promoted.  therefore and rationally, it makes sense to bring some new blood and investors onto the board in the summer, even if  that devalues  the worth of  the  present boards  investment in the short term - its called speculating to accumulate, and it should be done in the best interest of NCFC at its heart, the board felt fine about gambling with the fans money via the Share issue - why shouldn''t they now take a risk with some of their own???  after all, the directors put extra money in, but their investment has been protected and probably grown durin the last 3 years.  the fans have backed NCFC with their purchase of season tickets again.  doncasters recognises this, and praises the fans effort, all the more remarkable given how poor the footy has been over the past couple of years.  surely, its time for the board to match the loyalty and commitment of city fans and do what is necessary to attract the funds

OTBC

I wrote a message to you on my website and you never responded! Hence you are wrong!

Why not try actually mailing them?   

Good try BlyBly...but do we think the Board are really interested in what the "disgruntled"  fan''s think? It''s fundamentally a dictatorship at CR...and we all know how intolerant they are of dissent. It will take the eventual decline of bums on seats to make them sit up and take notice...but even then it will only be their investment which causes them to worry.

It''s going to be a long long road to recovery me thinks!        [:)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Excellent post LGT. I have taken the liberty of copying your post below from the original thread in the hope of generating reaction. I dare the NCFC Board to respond.

---

same old, same old.  football not an attractive investment, blah, blah - loss making industry, blah, blah.  difficult to attract investment, blah, blah - unless assett strippers, blah, blah or real football fans (presumerably delia), blah,blah. struggle on as before, blah, blah.

Mandaric did ok at pompy, and wants to do the same at leicester.  are the multi-billionaire yank investors in the prem in it for the love of ''soccer'' or cos they want to make a buck???

sheff utd got new board members with dosh and went up, and look like staying up.  derby got some money in, and look like gaining auto promotion or at least a top 6 finish.  sunderland were bought by a consortium in the summer - don''t look much like assett strippers to me. 

the economic model that got us promotion was based on extra invetment via a share issue and the directors matching it.  ''prudence before ambition'' got us relegated, and has failed to get us promoted.  therefore and rationally, it makes sense to bring some new blood and investors onto the board in the summer, even if  that devalues  the worth of  the  present boards  investment in the short term - its called speculating to accumulate, and it should be done in the best interest of NCFC at its heart,

the board felt fine about gambling with the fans money via the Share issue - why shouldn''t they now take a risk with some of their own???  after all, the directors put extra money in, but their investment has been protected and probably grown durin the last 3 years. 

the fans have backed NCFC with their purchase of season tickets again.  doncasters recognises this, and praises the fans effort, all the more remarkable given how poor the footy has been over the past couple of years. 

surely, its time for the board to match the loyalty and commitment of city fans and do what is necessary to attract the funds

OTBC

[/quote]

Dare them to reply?

They have and do on a regular basis.

Try actually reading an article by ND or, shock horror, attending a shareholders meeting. You could also email ND direct, his e-mail address is readily available and he responds to mail. E-mail him and he''ll get back to you asking for a phone call more likely than not.

You dare the board to reply? I dare you to have the courage of your convictions, send your post in an e-mail to ND and have the guts to have a telephone conversation with the guy

Post here when you have.

You won''t though, they''ll be some highly witty reply about my employment (which I LOVE BTW, can''t wait to see who i''m going to be next!) and not much else.

[quote] It''s fundamentally a dictatorship at CR...and we all know how intolerant they are of dissent. [/quote]What did you expect, a democracy? Are they supposed to have an vote once a year to elect new board members? Perhaps you''d like evictions too, with fans phoning in to decide who gets kicked off the board every week.I hate to break it to you, but Norwich City Football club is a privately owned business, just like every other club in the league. Sadly outside of la la land, people who don''t own a significant amount of shares in a business don''t get to decide how that business is run.

Megson.

1) Reply? You must be joking. The NCFC board either reply to their own questions, avoid the point or spin like a schoolgirl.

2) It''s interesting that you appear to know that I am a shareholder (and that I have never attended a meeting?). Key to your identity?

3) Articles by ND, as you have somewhat endearingly termed him, tend to raise further questions rather than provide adequate answers to fundamental issues. And excuse failure.

4) Your response to my dare to the NCFC board to reply to LGT - is to have the audacity and rudeness to accuse me of lacking guts and the courage of my convictions, to email Doncaster and to await an invitation to call him. Doncaster is not the board (they employ him and have firing rights).

Get me the email address and telephone number of the NCFC major shareholder - and game on.

But, quite frankly, it would be more productive if she would start by replying publically and in reasoned detail to the matters highlighted in the public domain through LGT''s post.

5) Must we understand through your board name that you are a devotee of football management failure, or are you just a simple, but aggressive, apologist for the tragic failure of the current NCFC board to build on all the good work of 1958-95?

6) The fans have gone deep in their pockets again and backed their club with season ticket purchases. Time for the board to justify their temporary privilege of being and stump up funds too. Be assured, Megson, that when this board is history us fans will still be here. 

Sorry, but fraid I don''t feel ''highly witty'' today. (there''s a story of Big Fraid and Little Fraid - but that''s for another day).

You see, Megson, I benchmark success - whilst you are more au fait with failure.

OTBC

lol. Yes they take a register before all AGM''s and I have a copy, you''ve caught me.

neild@ncfc-canaries.co.uk is the e-mail address you need, IIRC he was voted ontop the board at the last AGM so should fir your criteria.

Of course you could ''hold out'' for Delia''s address, but its up to you. If you want to discuss your concerns, out your points accross to a guy who will listen then get in touch with him.

If you''d rather post on here and have no impact on the club what so ever then carry on.

Ball''s in your court.

[quote user="The Bunny"][quote] It''s fundamentally a dictatorship at CR...and we all know how intolerant they are of dissent. [/quote]
 Perhaps you''d like evictions too, with fans phoning in to decide who gets kicked off the board every week.

[/quote]

And so tonight, we, the great Pink ''n viewing public, get to finally chuck out one of the inmates of the Boardroom Big Brother House and restore some order to that blighted place.

Surely there is no contest - it''s got to be Delia, if only for her "lets be ''avin'' you" rant on the pitch at the Man. City game. Sitting with the fans only when the camera''s are there to see will also get her many votes.

Or will it be Neil sent spinning out the door?

So who should go? You decide!

[quote user="The Bunny"][quote] It''s fundamentally a dictatorship at CR...and we all know how intolerant they are of dissent. [/quote]
What did you expect, a democracy? Are they supposed to have an vote once a year to elect new board members? Perhaps you''d like evictions too, with fans phoning in to decide who gets kicked off the board every week.

I hate to break it to you, but Norwich City Football club is a privately owned business, just like every other club in the league. Sadly outside of la la land, people who don''t own a significant amount of shares in a business don''t get to decide how that business is run.
[/quote]

H ha ha ha ha haha...ho ho ho ho ho ho...no stop it don''t...ha ha ha ha ha he he ha ha ha...aaaaaah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha........to infinity and beyond.

They''ll go in time...but like I said...only when their investment is under threat.

Oh....and thanks for breaking it to me that Delia Smith owns the club. Now I finally have someone to blame for the mess it''s in.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

it would be more productive if she would start by replying publically and in reasoned detail to the matters highlighted in the public domain through LGT''s post.

[/quote]

Yeah because it would be really productive spending all day trawling through this website reading the rubbish people like yourself write about her and her fellow directors, and then writing any essay length reply on here just to satisfy one person.

Let''s say she did spend all day trawling this site, I bet you''d be slating her for spending all day on her backside looking at a messageboard and not working for the club.

At the end of the day she bought this club when no one else would touch it with a barge pole she''s put more money in during share issues, she has retired from her succesful TV career in order to run this club, she has also said that she would sell the club if the right offer came along.

And the fact that you want megson to supply the e-mail address and telephone number of the majority shareholder suggest that you are lacking guts and don''t have the courage of your convictions. You want the contact details go get them and ask for a reply rather than asking for somone else to help, until then you are a keyboard warrior.

[quote user="megson"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

---

same old, same old.  football not an attractive investment, blah, blah - loss making industry, blah, blah.  difficult to attract investment, blah, blah - unless assett strippers, blah, blah or real football fans (presumerably delia), blah,blah. struggle on as before, blah, blah.

Mandaric did ok at pompy, and wants to do the same at leicester.  are the multi-billionaire yank investors in the prem in it for the love of ''soccer'' or cos they want to make a buck???

sheff utd got new board members with dosh and went up, and look like staying up.  derby got some money in, and look like gaining auto promotion or at least a top 6 finish.  sunderland were bought by a consortium in the summer - don''t look much like assett strippers to me. 

the economic model that got us promotion was based on extra invetment via a share issue and the directors matching it.  ''prudence before ambition'' got us relegated, and has failed to get us promoted.  therefore and rationally, it makes sense to bring some new blood and investors onto the board in the summer, even if  that devalues  the worth of  the  present boards  investment in the short term - its called speculating to accumulate, and it should be done in the best interest of NCFC at its heart,

the board felt fine about gambling with the fans money via the Share issue - why shouldn''t they now take a risk with some of their own???  after all, the directors put extra money in, but their investment has been protected and probably grown durin the last 3 years. 

the fans have backed NCFC with their purchase of season tickets again.  doncasters recognises this, and praises the fans effort, all the more remarkable given how poor the footy has been over the past couple of years. 

surely, its time for the board to match the loyalty and commitment of city fans and do what is necessary to attract the funds

OTBC

[/quote]

Dare them to reply?

They have and do on a regular basis.

Try actually reading an article by ND or, shock horror, attending a shareholders meeting. You could also email ND direct, his e-mail address is readily available and he responds to mail. E-mail him and he''ll get back to you asking for a phone call more likely than not.

You dare the board to reply? I dare you to have the courage of your convictions, send your post in an e-mail to ND and have the guts to have a telephone conversation with the guy

Post here when you have.

You won''t though, they''ll be some highly witty reply about my employment (which I LOVE BTW, can''t wait to see who i''m going to be next!) and not much else.

[/quote]

hehehe Why would BlyBly want to waist his time and money in speaking to the Caster of Doom???

All he would get out of an hour longs conversation would be a few chuckles and yet more salt to run in to the wounds regarding exactly why Doncater and Co are 100% to blame for the mess that NCFC currently find themselves in

I don''t care......so there.

Delia may be the savoury of NCFC - but MR G WATLING was the true saviour.

I don''t care what Doncaster, Munby, Cullen, Delia or Hubby Micky, Skipper - or Joe Ferrari push out in the press or programme. It''s all marketing and promotional spin. Whoopee do! They''re just in it for the football are they?..........Get real!........"Sooper dooper besterest fanatical footy fans that we is!" (when it''s season ticket renewal time).

I make my own opinion, by what I see and hear while attending games, both home and away. I would rather spend the evening after a game with my mates - than sit in a controlled environment of a club AGM.......NCFC is a business, run by business people. I go to Carrow Road for football......and to link up with my mates and have a larf! Nuthin else, the board mean squat diddley to me, as much as I mean diddley squat to them. Nice view, nice ground, average team.......

I pays my money.......I watch the games........I have a moan an'' a groan.........There is life outside of Carra Rud.........and it''s Guinness, Pies an'' Luvverly Laydeees! (not necessarily in that order). Shame I have to work my ball oaks off, to fund it all.........especially the Guinness and the pies.

Yet, ''am I bovvered?''[:|]

I''m confused... if the poster is unwilling to send their questions to anyone on the board... then how does he/she expect them to reply??Correct me if I''m wrong, but communication of this manner involves a two-way conversation in which a question is asked directly to the other... if Delia were to reply, it would be more likely to be down to ESP than having read this board...Delia, if you are reading, I''ve got a smoked haddock fillet, some potatoes, parsley and eggs... what do you recommend I do with them?

Because it would give his moaning a shred of credibility.

And yours for that matter.

Some things are fair points, but calling their commitment into question isn''t unless you people have the bottle to speak to them direct rather than hiding behind the net. I guess none of you have though.

[quote user="megson"]

Some things are fair points, but calling their commitment into question isn''t unless you people have the bottle to speak to them direct rather than hiding behind the net. I guess none of you have though.

[/quote]

So what you do not concede are fair points constitute moans. Emotional crap.

The main point is quite simple really. The supporters have shown their commitment to our club by the renewal rate of season tickets in the face of a generally dismal performance all-round over the past 2 years. These fans by and large are ordinary working people, families and pensioners of limited means. My simple question is what is the NCFC board - and in particular the major shareholders - going to do to match the magnificent commitment demonstrated by the fans. They have a temporary privileged position as trustees of our club on behalf of the people of Norwich and Norfolk and need to stump up, organise investment, or move on.  

Unfortunately the board members have always been reluctant to face the public directly. Major companies these days often publish the telephone numbers of their chairmen, principal sharehoders chief executives etc in the press and invite their customers to call them witin a 2 hours (or so) timeframe once per quarter (or so).

Transparency, accountability allied to performance are among today''s corporate  imperatives. Unfortunately our club is currently largely in denial and frittering the legacy of 1958-95 - the board and administrative management are sitting on their hands, crossing their legs and squeezing hard hoping for Peter Grant to pull them out of the mire on the cheap.

And all true supporters wish Peter Grant and the team all the luck in the world - and the season ticket sales are a testament to this.

Prudence is winning and ambition is rapidly disappearing over the horizon with this board in charge.

I repeat. The NCFC board through the club''s major shareholder needs to come public and state how they intend to match the continuing and  renewed commitment of the supporters.

Otherwise, the only conclusion to be arrived at is that they have a lack of commitment.

And that''s the way I see it.

OTBC

I seem to recall Derby went down the route of getting 5 individuals to stump up £5M each to resolve two fundamental issues, a) to sort out their debt problems, and, b) investment in the team.

The real question is, if our Board can''t do this themseleves, are they trying something similar?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="megson"]

[/quote]

So what you do not concede are fair points constitute moans. Emotional crap.

The main point is quite simple really. The supporters have shown their commitment to our club by the renewal rate of season tickets in the face of a generally dismal performance all-round over the past 2 years. These fans by and large are ordinary working people, families and pensioners of limited means. My simple question is what is the NCFC board - and in particular the major shareholders - going to do to match the magnificent commitment demonstrated by the fans. They have a temporary privileged position as trustees of our club on behalf of the people of Norwich and Norfolk and need to stump up, organise investment, or move on.  

Unfortunately the board members have always been reluctant to face the public directly. Major companies these days often publish the telephone numbers of their chairmen, principal sharehoders chief executives etc in the press and invite their customers to call them witin a 2 hours (or so) timeframe once per quarter (or so).

Transparency, accountability allied to performance are among today''s corporate  imperatives. Unfortunately our club is currently largely in denial and frittering the legacy of 1958-95 - the board and administrative management are sitting on their hands, crossing their legs and squeezing hard hoping for Peter Grant to pull them out of the mire on the cheap.

And all true supporters wish Peter Grant and the team all the luck in the world - and the season ticket sales are a testament to this.

Prudence is winning and ambition is rapidly disappearing over the horizon with this board in charge.

I repeat. The NCFC board through the club''s major shareholder needs to come public and state how they intend to match the continuing and  renewed commitment of the supporters.

Otherwise, the only conclusion to be arrived at is that they have a lack of commitment.

And that''s the way I see it.

OTBC

[/quote]

Bly Bly...I can''t say I''ve read anything other than totally reasonable and honest posts from you since I joined this forum...and this again is an excellent representation of how many City fans feel today.

I have so many questions today without any prospect of answers...and I am just about set to turn my back on the club after 45 years and walk away, such is the state of affairs in 2007. This club is mere shadow of it''s former self...and this refers not to the position we are in the league...but to it''s overall image and the lack of ambition shown in every area. I can take defeat....but never capitulation.

This weakness seems to have permiated throughout the boardroom....the playing squad and even the mainstream supporters, all of whom seem to have accepted the "little old Norwich" tag as the way forward. If that is indeed the case...I have many more worthy and rewarding things to do with my weekends and the £3000 a year "investment" it costs me....If I do infact walk away...it is very possible I won''t come back.

Watching NCFC in 2007 is more habitual for many of us these days rather than an event to look forward to....and with an average age of the present day supporter estimated at 40.....the club needs to address the slide very quickly indeed. With CR prices on the up, while others elsewhere are going in the opposite direction...DS and her cronies had better start providing value for money before the majority tipping point is reached.

Happily the attitude on here isn''t very representative of the "whole" despite the claims to the contrary. Those who still claim to see NCFC as the binding community club it was are way off the mark....as it is little more than a shop window for a tv cook these days....and for some this is even a cause to celebrate.

I too wish Peter Grant luck in his challenge....but if he has even a modicum of ambition in his bones, he''ll be off at the first "best offer"....and I wouldn''t blame him. We''ve traditionally had a tough enough job holding onto managers and players worth keeping....but given the mentality of the club today, that difficulty will turn into an impossibility. Stagnation surely looms large. 

boring.... to be honest

What on earth ever happened to success being based on the quality of football you play, how you work together and how you are supported.

This thread appitimises everything that is wrong with football. blame it all on money or the lack of - thats the easy way. You can have world superstars, but they could get beaten by a team which is just filled with ambition and desire. Look at Kaiserslausen (however you spell it), Got promoted a few seasons ago and bought 2 players, then went on the win the German title. Greece in the euro championships, seriously, how many of their players were world stars before the tournament in Portugal? Ok so these are on a big stage, but the desire and ambition of the players was still the same.

So maybe we dont need money for expensive players or expansions, or whatever else you think it is we need. That fact of the matter is, some people will never EVER be happy. If you are one of these people, just stop annoying us, a lot of us really dont care.

I''m sure one of you will find need to pick at me with the expected ''we need money to..... (insert reason here)'' but just stop and think - remember when it was just about the football?

Maybe it has all become about the money, and there really isnt much we can do about it. But though we will never fully succeed, in the interest of keeping it as pure as it once was - I love the sport, not the business, who''s with me?

[quote user="Loomis9301"]

boring.... to be honest

What on earth ever happened to success being based on the quality of football you play, how you work together and how you are supported.

This thread appitimises everything that is wrong with football. blame it all on money or the lack of - thats the easy way. You can have world superstars, but they could get beaten by a team which is just filled with ambition and desire. Look at Kaiserslausen (however you spell it), Got promoted a few seasons ago and bought 2 players, then went on the win the German title. Greece in the euro championships, seriously, how many of their players were world stars before the tournament in Portugal? Ok so these are on a big stage, but the desire and ambition of the players was still the same.

So maybe we dont need money for expensive players or expansions, or whatever else you think it is we need. That fact of the matter is, some people will never EVER be happy. If you are one of these people, just stop annoying us, a lot of us really dont care.

I''m sure one of you will find need to pick at me with the expected ''we need money to..... (insert reason here)'' but just stop and think - remember when it was just about the football?

Maybe it has all become about the money, and there really isnt much we can do about it. But though we will never fully succeed, in the interest of keeping it as pure as it once was - I love the sport, not the business, who''s with me?

[/quote]

I will tread lightly Loomis.

One can understand your emotions and frustrations about the predominance of money in today''s game. But the eveil therein is not the money per se but the ridiculously uneven distribution of the television money. If something is not done the game as we know it today will wither. The FA needs to take the bull by the horns, get the backing of the fans and deal with it. If Manchester United and Chelsea want to sulk and slink off to some World League involving LA Galaxy et al, then let them. They won''t be missed.

But the bottom line is Loomis that money does matter and always has mattered - despite your dreams of a past that never really existed. There has always been stratifcation by money but not to the current degree.

In 1957, Norwich City in the then Third Division (South) was in debt to the point that we couldn''t pay our weekly wage bill of 500 pounds. We survived via a public appeal led by the then Lord Mayor Arthur South which raised 25,000 pounds plus a loan from this newspaper to pay the wage bill.

Within 3 years we had survived in the 3rd/4th division split, reached an FA Cup semi-final replay and got promotion to the old second division (where we are today).

We will always need money. that''s just life.

But in life most people after saving the deposit need someone to lend them a mortgage to get them on their way. The supporters have put their hands in their pockets via the good rate of season ticket renewals. It''s now up to the board to respond in kind and divi up.

But if you really don''t think that money in football is for you, may I recommend that you can still get a good Saturday''s entertainment if you turn up at Emerald Park to shout on Gorleston as they struggle in the nether regions of the Ridgeon''s League. They will still charge you a little money to get in though. You see, you really can''t get away from that filthy lucre.

C''est la vie.

OTBC

[quote user="Cluck "]

Good try BlyBly...but do we think the Board are really interested in what the "disgruntled"  fan''s think? It''s fundamentally a dictatorship at CR...and we all know how intolerant they are of dissent.

[/quote]

Interesting phrase from a man who does business with China.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Cluck "]

Good try BlyBly...but do we think the Board are really interested in what the "disgruntled"  fan''s think? It''s fundamentally a dictatorship at CR...and we all know how intolerant they are of dissent.

[/quote]

[/quote]

If they pay me enough money I''ll deal with anyone....unlike Delia of course who apparently will only do business with Norwich City fans.        

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But there are two Chinas, China me old squit.

You see it all depends whether Cluck was studying the flowerpots in Tianamen square or poring over the latest electronics in Taipei.

PRC or ROC?

But there again he might have been talking about a benevolent dictatorship which is just soft and doughy in the middle through adding too much liquid, rather than hard right through.

Ah well.[8-|]

OTBC

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If they pay me enough money I''ll deal with anyone....unlike Delia of course who apparently will only do business with Norwich City fans.        

[/quote]

hehehe best quote of the week Cluck... and the major reason why NCFC will not go anywhere under the current boardroom set up!!!

Isn''t it a shame that this key discussion always gets hijacked by playground name calling. Just because I don''t support an extreme view does not mean I am happy with mediocrity.

Of course money is important to succeed these days in football, you can get promoted without huge piles of money (us, Watford) but to stay up you need big investment (as we and Watford proved). Unfortunately the money you can earn via gate receipts are never enough any more. That is exactly the reason our board have allowed the building of the hotel, and other off-field activities such as the restaurant and corporate entertainment facilities. All clubs in our position and higher do it, don''t they?

Personal investment is another route, and our board have already invested heavily, and probably don''t have the personal funds for substantial future investment. Losing the parachute payments next season, we must expect the currently high wage bill to be cut, I expect to see some of our high earners go over the summer (though thank god not Hucks) and I don''t expect us to spend big money on replacements.

Should we be looking for further outside investment? I think we should, but we should be wary. People investing money without an interest in the clubs wellbeing are obviouisly only in it for the money, and I would argue that their expected return on investment would only be realised if we were to get promoted and sustain premiership status. Now that might sound good, but it can easily come unravelled. Money does not guarantee success, there are numerous clubs who have overspent to either gain premiership status or retain premiership status and it has all gone wrong (Leeds, Ipswich, Leicester, Notts Forest, Wimbledon / MK Dons, QPR... its a big list). Now we see a new raft of investment at clubs like Cardiff, Sunderland, Derby, Stoke, in an effort to get the higher TV cash in next season''s premiership. They can''t all get promoted. What happens to the ones that don''t? Will the investment get pulled, and what will happen to the club then? Will the assets get sold? Will a club that doesn''t even own its ground ever compete again at a high level? The bottom line is, these investors just can''t get sufficient refund from a championship club, something somewhere will have to give.

If we can get a Norwich equivalent of a Niall Quinn to invest, I would support it fully. He loves Sunderland, has the money, and a seemingly good consortium together. From what Delia said, she would entertain selling to such a figure (although I for one would be sad to see her go). However, investors such as those investing in Cardiff (hoping for a ''Welsh Premiership Franchise'') I would want to avoid, they will pull their investment extremely quickly if things don''t go their way. I would also bet money on the price of a season ticket going through the roof (just as a Birmingham fan right now about that). And who is to say a new ''Mandaric'' style figure isn''t a Sam Hamman?

As for communications with our board, we enjoy considerable access to them. Email/phone contact for our chief exec openly available, and fan''s forums with board members held regularly. Delia regularly sits with the fans (only she gets criticised by some for being attention seeking when she does - she just can''t win with some of you). Do other clubs do the same? Make use of these opportunities, and speak up to get your point across!

I think its an exciting time to be a Norwich fan. I believe we have an exciting new manager, and now he has had a chance to change his backroom staff and bring in a few new faces, we are seeing the benefits. I am optomistic about our summer transfer activities (which will be CRUCIAL), Grant seems to be able to spot a good deal. Martin is an exciting player from our academy, as are other youth prospects. Its probably going to take a couple of seasons before we can challenge at the top of this league, but next season I don''t expect us to be close to a relegation battle and I do expect us to be well ahead of Ipswich. 

If you disagree with me, thats fine, but can we DEBATE it and not resort to childish name calling please? It is on these sorts of decisions that the entire future of our club depend. I am sure there are Wimbledon and Cambridge United fans who thought they would always have a club...

[quote user="Putney Canary"]

Isn''t it a shame that this key discussion always gets hijacked by playground name calling. Just because I don''t support an extreme view does not mean I am happy with mediocrity.

Of course money is important to succeed these days in football, you can get promoted without huge piles of money (us, Watford) but to stay up you need big investment (as we and Watford proved). Unfortunately the money you can earn via gate receipts are never enough any more. That is exactly the reason our board have allowed the building of the hotel, and other off-field activities such as the restaurant and corporate entertainment facilities. All clubs in our position and higher do it, don''t they?

Personal investment is another route, and our board have already invested heavily, and probably don''t have the personal funds for substantial future investment. Losing the parachute payments next season, we must expect the currently high wage bill to be cut, I expect to see some of our high earners go over the summer (though thank god not Hucks) and I don''t expect us to spend big money on replacements.

Should we be looking for further outside investment? I think we should, but we should be wary. People investing money without an interest in the clubs wellbeing are obviouisly only in it for the money, and I would argue that their expected return on investment would only be realised if we were to get promoted and sustain premiership status. Now that might sound good, but it can easily come unravelled. Money does not guarantee success, there are numerous clubs who have overspent to either gain premiership status or retain premiership status and it has all gone wrong (Leeds, Ipswich, Leicester, Notts Forest, Wimbledon / MK Dons, QPR... its a big list). Now we see a new raft of investment at clubs like Cardiff, Sunderland, Derby, Stoke, in an effort to get the higher TV cash in next season''s premiership. They can''t all get promoted. What happens to the ones that don''t? Will the investment get pulled, and what will happen to the club then? Will the assets get sold? Will a club that doesn''t even own its ground ever compete again at a high level? The bottom line is, these investors just can''t get sufficient refund from a championship club, something somewhere will have to give.

If we can get a Norwich equivalent of a Niall Quinn to invest, I would support it fully. He loves Sunderland, has the money, and a seemingly good consortium together. From what Delia said, she would entertain selling to such a figure (although I for one would be sad to see her go). However, investors such as those investing in Cardiff (hoping for a ''Welsh Premiership Franchise'') I would want to avoid, they will pull their investment extremely quickly if things don''t go their way. I would also bet money on the price of a season ticket going through the roof (just as a Birmingham fan right now about that). And who is to say a new ''Mandaric'' style figure isn''t a Sam Hamman?

As for communications with our board, we enjoy considerable access to them. Email/phone contact for our chief exec openly available, and fan''s forums with board members held regularly. Delia regularly sits with the fans (only she gets criticised by some for being attention seeking when she does - she just can''t win with some of you). Do other clubs do the same? Make use of these opportunities, and speak up to get your point across!

I think its an exciting time to be a Norwich fan. I believe we have an exciting new manager, and now he has had a chance to change his backroom staff and bring in a few new faces, we are seeing the benefits. I am optomistic about our summer transfer activities (which will be CRUCIAL), Grant seems to be able to spot a good deal. Martin is an exciting player from our academy, as are other youth prospects. Its probably going to take a couple of seasons before we can challenge at the top of this league, but next season I don''t expect us to be close to a relegation battle and I do expect us to be well ahead of Ipswich. 

If you disagree with me, thats fine, but can we DEBATE it and not resort to childish name calling please? It is on these sorts of decisions that the entire future of our club depend. I am sure there are Wimbledon and Cambridge United fans who thought they would always have a club...

[/quote]

oh here we go again...

Bolton, Blackburn, Sheff Utd, Reading, Portsmouth, Wigan/Charlton???  All have done pretty ok in the Premiership without breaking the bank!!!

Hotel was a waist of time... would of got more money back plus another 3,000 plus fans in each week if they had built a corner extension instead.

If our board do not have the funds for further investment then it is time for them to step aside and let somebody come in that does have the necessary funds to take this club forwards.

AS FOR YOUR CLUBS THAT YOU LIST IN DANGER OF GOING UNDER... please point me to ONE example, just ONE of a reasonable sized club that actually has gone under...  Cambridge fans do have a club and Wimbledon are an extreme (a club that were punching well above their weight for years.... it is like Accrington Stanley trying to compete in the Premiership ffs

As for the communication with the board.. with the constant c**p that comes out of their moths I would much prefer that they said nothing at all!!!

Exciting time to be a Norwich fan???  I have never been so unexcited in 25 years of following the club, Cluck has never been so unexcited in 45 years, others I know in 30 odd years... surely that must say something???

Are you sure that you don''t work for the club PUTNEY???

[quote user="Smudger"]

with the constant c**p that comes out of their moths...

[/quote]Maybe the money has been spent on getting in pest control... [:O]

I''m surprised you keep mentioning building a corner stand instead of the hotel as you hate the club spending money other than on the team.

To build a corner infil the club would of had to shell out a couple of million it simply doesn''t have. We would of got more back in tickets week by week, but we would of had to FILL it every week, and make back the money we spent on it (which we didn''t have) before it started actually putting money into the club.

The hotel however may make less long term, but its cost us nothing, so whatever we get is at no risk to us. The money paid for the lease enabled the club to free up money for other things.

Sadly you could argue the money raised was possibly spent on the likes of Jarrett, or the pointless loans (Hammond, Boyle et al) near the end of worthingtons time in charge.

If we had not of gone down this route though, that patch of land would still be standing empty making no money for the club what so ever.  This way we''ve got income with no expenditure. At a time when the club needs to look at its spending that makes good business sense to me.

If/When we get back to the prem, and manage to survive then increased capacity can be fairly easily achieved by the addition of a second tier onto the City stand.

As for the board stepping aside, Delia has already said she will, if someone who fits your description comes along. Its ok to say it, but wealthy investors are not easy to find, and I highly doubt their is some billionaire out there banging on Delia''s door asking her to step down and being refused.

In terms of the clubs you mention, Sheff Utd may get lucky due to the, rather sudden, implosion of both Wet Sham and Charlton.

The other clubs have spent decent amounts of money, sometimes its on wages rather than fees but its still money and needs to be taken into account. We may be able to ''afford'' a free transfer, but if the guy wants £20k a week he''s too expensive, free transfer or not.

As for communication, as I''ve said on here before, maybe if you took the time to address your concerns with the club you''d change that opinion, maybe not. This game is all about opinions at the end of the day though.

[quote user="cluck"]If they pay me enough money I''ll deal with anyone....unlike Delia of

course who apparently will only do business with Norwich City fans. [/quote]All this hot air over this many months, and you''re NOT a norwich city fan ?

[quote user="Smudger"]

oh here we go again...

Bolton, Blackburn, Sheff Utd, Reading, Portsmouth, Wigan/Charlton???  All have done pretty ok in the Premiership without breaking the bank!!!

Hotel was a waist of time... would of got more money back plus another 3,000 plus fans in each week if they had built a corner extension instead.

If our board do not have the funds for further investment then it is time for them to step aside and let somebody come in that does have the necessary funds to take this club forwards.

AS FOR YOUR CLUBS THAT YOU LIST IN DANGER OF GOING UNDER... please point me to ONE example, just ONE of a reasonable sized club that actually has gone under...  Cambridge fans do have a club and Wimbledon are an extreme (a club that were punching well above their weight for years.... it is like Accrington Stanley trying to compete in the Premiership ffs

As for the communication with the board.. with the constant c**p that comes out of their moths I would much prefer that they said nothing at all!!!

Exciting time to be a Norwich fan???  I have never been so unexcited in 25 years of following the club, Cluck has never been so unexcited in 45 years, others I know in 30 odd years... surely that must say something???

Are you sure that you don''t work for the club PUTNEY???

[/quote]

Yes indeed, here we go again.  Your point seems to imply that the Prem clubs that you mention are all something that we should follow, but the problem is they have followed different paths: the majority have been punching well above their financial weight and being bankrolled is largely how they''ve survived in the Prem: Wigan, Blackburn (going back ages), Pompey and Reading have had huge investments from "owners" that belittle anything Delia could afford.  Meanwhile, others in your list did it the more "proper" way, like Charlton and Bolton. 

You do seem to think you can only support the side if it is in the Prem and with wealthy owners willing to bankroll the club.  Well, my opinion is that if the latter happened at my club, it would be the ruination of what I/we have supported for 3 decades.  I want to see us do well, but unlike you I would not be willing to see the club sell its soul, a la Chelsea, to do it.

There are always people who become disillusioned with football, or stop going, for whatever reason - otherwise how would youngsters have ever found room on the ground to start going?  I have friends who were Chelsea regulars until their club was, in their opinion "ruined".  If your gauge is only by success, there are plenty of other sides to support already in the Prem.