Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Happiest Moment Supporting Norwich

Well, we''ve done funniest, seemed to be a collection of you''ve been framed clips, and saddest is the thread that will not die, so how abuot happiest moments ?Blatantly obvious one this - but mine was being in the River End when Bruce scored that goal against Ipswich in the Milk Cup semi. For me, and I would imagine a lot of others, that topped the final itself for sheer joy and celebration, mainly because it was at our gaff, not that horrible concrete carbunkle that was Wembley, it was a nail-biter, and it was against Ipswich.

23rd March 1993 - Norwich v Aston Villa. John Polston scores the winner. The only time I''ve genuinely believed that Norwich could actually win a major prize. Wish you could bottle that feeling.

There are a lot to choose from but, in recent times, I think it has to be our third goal at Carrow Road against Wolves in the play-off semi final. Especially after having to watch that Wolves nugget dancing in front of us when they initially took the lead.

For me, it would me Iwan''s goal at Cardiff. For those few moment, everything was so beautiful!...

Bellamy''s goal at Portaloo Rd. It came the season after we had to sit through that hammering and was the first time I saw us win there...

Sometimes it is the simple, unexpected moments that sit happiest. Lappin''s goal last Tuesday was a sweet sweet moment...

After leaving my season ticket with a friend following the game at Reading to travel to India (which was booked 10 months before), coming home in July and watching the video of the civic reception and Adam Drury lifting the Champioship trophy. The tear almost stung...

i don;t think that anyone who was there on that night will disagree that the night of that semi was the most memorable and happiest , I also liked the two quarter final cup replay wins versus West Ham and Southampton - the West Ham particulary because it was the first time in my lifetime we had got to a FAC semi and also because my grandad who told me tales of 59 , had died a few months before and when I met up with my family afterwards we all had tears in our eyes knowing what that would have meant to him 

There have been many monents in recent years

Our amazing run to the play off final, especially wolves away 2nd leg

The Promotion Party in Norwich

Beating Man UTD, Newcastle and Looking like we could stay up.

Beating Ipswich at Carrow Road, The mackay Double for one!

and the unveiling of Darren Huckerby to name a few.

Yes, mbncfc, I must admit mine (for recent years) was a toss up between the Wolves game and Iwan''s goal at Cardiff but I missed that because my beer intake meant I just couldn''t wait any longer for the bog. It sounded like a bomb had gone off from where I was when he scored and it was obvious that it was our end of the stadium so it was the best sl*sh I''ve ever had![:D]  

The civic reception is right up there - certainly had a tear in my eye as the players paraded the pitch at the end of that season too, top moment.

Iwans second goal away to the scum a few years back when he took a long ball on his knee, turned and wellied it accross goal. peach.

Iwans goal at Cardiff obviously, and I can just remember Jerry Goss hammering a volley in Munich when I was a little''un.

I''ve got to say though, I''ve gone mad at a few goals we''ve scored, but Lappin''s the other night will to take some beating for the reaction it got out of me. Dying seconds of injury time to a team that was drifting closer and closer to the relegation zone at an important time of the season. They''ve come back from a goal down twice in the game, and now they have a chance to win it after being under the kosh for some considerable amount of time. That free-kick was a now or never situation, we were either coming home with a point, or with three fat points that may just kick start a bit of a run and lead us to safety. I went absolutely mental when it hit the net. And I''ve been a pretty happy boy since to be honest! :-)

No doubt I''ll add to this once my brain has finished processing todays lectures and reading....urgh!

You can''t beat Stevie Bruce''s header into the Ipswich net 5 minutes from time to send us to Wembley. Fans on the pitch, wild celebrations in the Barclay which was still a terrace. Amazing. Final was good experience but a poor game and somehow more surreal than the semi final at our own place.

"There are a lot to choose from but, in recent times, I think it has to be our third goal at Carrow Road against Wolves in the play-off semi final. Especially after having to watch that Wolves nugget dancing in front of us when they initially took the lead."

Id agree with that, Am i right in thinking that the three goal scorers were, mulryne, mcveigh and malky?

Also mcveighs looping header against stockport on the last game of the season to make it 1-1. When we needed to score one more goal than burnley. It seemed to take an enternity to go in but god it felt good!

[quote user="london Canary"]

"There are a lot to choose from but, in recent times, I think it has to be our third goal at Carrow Road against Wolves in the play-off semi final. Especially after having to watch that Wolves nugget dancing in front of us when they initially took the lead."

Id agree with that, Am i right in thinking that the three goal scorers were, mulryne, mcveigh and malky?

Also mcveighs looping header against stockport on the last game of the season to make it 1-1. When we needed to score one more goal than burnley. It seemed to take an enternity to go in but god it felt good!

[/quote]Rivers, McVeigh and Malky

Inches of snow on the pitch, on the terraces even on the crossbar and  the top team in the land visiting us a lowly 3rd division club. Yes the "BLY BLY BABES" game, Norwich 3-0 Man Utd. Absolute MAGIC !

I know it wasn''t a big game or anything but winning 5-0 away at Sheff Wed was pretty cool, forget the year, around 2001, Gary holt scored from 25 yards and darren Kenton scored a 1 on 1, it was pretty surreal.  To be fair to the wednesday fans they kept singing all game and even came out with we are gonna win 6-5

Phil Mulryne''s late goal vs Reading which went in off the ref was pure magic.

That was the moment I knew we had done it..

What a match to be at jim, must have been amazing, got the paper cuttings from that game and i know my dad was at that one....just not about to ask now unfortunally,

But isn''t that the one in which we held them at old trafford and the 3-0 was a replay?

Joint highlight must be walking out of Villa Park in 93, the entire street sing canary songs, So near but so far that year, we could have won the league !   Also after Bayern Munich at C Rd driving the 160 miles back home to Kidderminster was like floating on air, I even followed the same car all the way home and found out that I had another city fan 200 yards down my road. unfortunatly I had the feeeling that it would all be down hill them then on, sorry to say for once I was correct !

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]That''s mine too, and I wasn''t even there... I was in the Belle Vue, and on my own because everyone else I knew was busy... I''d made my way through a good few pints by the time that goal went in and the whole pub just erupted... I was hugging strangers, it was beautiful... I was talking about it just a few days ago, actually... The parade and all celebrations once we''d actually secured promotion were obviously great, but it was that one moment that confirmed, for me, that this was indeed our year... failure just wasn''t on the cards afterwards...

Putting the scalf on and locking the house.................................................

Putting the scarf on and locking the house.................................................

Did I really spell scarf wilth an l?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

5-3 against Burnley (away) was the moment I knew we were going to get promoted...  great match, great day!!!

It had to be 2 events from that same year after so many years in the wilderness... it was great to be back...

Dancing around the Tyne Bridge at about half two in the morning (the night of the Sunderland game)... crap game but knowing that we were back to the big time with that majestic famous trophy in our hands (that so many great players have had their hands on) kind of capped everything for me...

Being invited back to some girls house in Newcastle with about 30 other Norwich fans absolutely blotto [B] was a magical moment indeed and about as good as it has got for me!!!

"But isn''t that the one in which we held them at old trafford and the 3-0 was a replay?"

No yellowarmy, we only needed one go at beating them, the one we drew away and won at home was Spurs.

Winning the Milk cup never thought we would do it, after losing the other two finals against spurs and villa, coming home a winner was the best journey ever. Also same comp in the late 60''s 2-0 down at portman road and winning 4-2, i am sure hughie curran got a hatrick, bad thing on the night my girlfriend at the time got a broken leg when a mass brawl broke out between rival fans, she became my ex after coming out of hospital.lol.