Sign in to follow this  
yellow blood

Cost of season tickets

I was reading today about Blackburn (granted they are in the Premiership and therefore attract vast sums of TV revenue) who have reduced their season ticket prices by 25% for next season. Other clubs to announce price freezes or reductions are Chelsea, Everton, Bolton and Wigan.

Under the new pricing scheme, 5,500 season tickets will be available at £249, while the average for the Blackburn End will fall by 30% from £425 to £299.

The most expensive ticket will come down from £595 to £399...this compares with my Centre seats of the Jarrold stand (which I have just renewed) for £415. I know I will be seeing more games at Carrow Road next season but it just showshow much the TV money can affect the prices we supporters pay.

And about time too, ticket prices are way too high and fans were starting to vote with there feet ,in Germany i think it only cost''s about £10 to watch football.

im sure some people are aware of this but the whole season-ticket reduction thing in the premiership, although yes is good news is a total farce.... clubs like chelsea and bolton coming out saying ''we need to rewards are great and loyal fans, so weve freezed the season ticket prices''.... what a load of rubbish! with the massive amounts of new tv money coming in next year, clubs could literally afford to have season tickets at £2.99 per game and would STILL make the same amount of money as this year, hence the reason that west brom fans will face a RISE in season ticket prices should they fail to go up this year, yet if they go up to watch a better standard of football with world class players then theyre season tickets will FALL.... its a crazy world with tv revenue

so once it again its all rosy in the premierleague, whilst the league clubs have to raise prices to stay alive

I''ve renewed my ticket (far in advance of course, just after Xmas when you think about it)

over 400 quid in January for Carrow Road with no potential prospects for next season?

which great teams can I look forward to at that rate?

We went to see Hertha Berlin v Borussia Munchen Gladbach at the Olympic Stadium in Berlin (where the World Cup Final 06 was played) and it cost us 9 euros for a pucker seat with a brilliant view - roughly £6.00 each.  Rip off Britain mate!