Sign in to follow this  
barclay4ever

earnshaw injury a blessing???

a big statement i no and we all no wed be in a much better position with him, but wud we hav unearthed martin if earnie was still playing. i dnt think martin wud hav played this year if earnie had been fit and look how long jarvis has been around and yet to breakthrough. i understand theyr clearly different players and of a different caliber but it shows how hard it is to break through. martin looks like our hottest prospect since bellers and who nos wen, if ever, he wud hav got his chance with earnshaw in the side.

see where you are coming from but talent will always get an opportunity to play and shine. Especially at Norwich as we let the cr*p have a go!!!

My big concern is that with Martin showing at the moment he can score goals, that the board will think they can sell Earnie.

Martin is definitley a great prospect but he will undoubtebly get tired after a number of matches and he still has a lot to learn!

No I don''t agree. Yes it''s great that Martin has been given a chance and has taken it so well but with Earnie''s goals I think we could have been higher up the table!!

Funnily enough i think the club has shown that it could, in a funny way.. be better off without Earnshaw..

how many games were 1-0 with Earnie getting them.. we became reliant upon him up until the point if he didnt score we wouldnt get anything out of the game as no one else would..

Without him we are getting goals all over the pitch, looking a better side, and actually playing the best we have played all season...

do we really need Earnshaw back? and if he comes back why break up Hucks and Martin, would Earnie sit on the bench? do we even need him at all now?

We have shown we dont IMHO...

jas :)

I would agree that having Huckerby and Earnshaw in the same team creates defensive difficulties & weaknesses.

I suspect that Peter Grant has realised this.

It will be interesting to see what he does when Earny is fit again.

Quite frankly, I would be tempted to sell Earnie & invest in a good young striker to add to Huckerby, Dublin (his preferred position) & Martin plus a rock solid, experienced centre-half to play alongside Shackell.

OTBC 

So we had two away wins in a week and scored three in each without Earnshaw. If this means we are better off without him then it could be argued we are better off without Dublin too?

I don''t think we are better off without Earnie because a player of his class will always be missed.   But, and it is a big but, we have shown we can live without him and we can score goals and win games.

It would be great to see Earnie in the team again and I would like to see him give us next season to see what can be achieved.

What is clear is that if Earnie leaves in the summer then it will be unfortunate but not apocalyptic.  This not (or no longer depending on your point of view) a one man team.  To that extent I agree that it is a blessing

My point is that the squad needs strengthening in other areas.. we are scoring more WITHOUT earnshaw than we are with him.. in order to generate the funds to strengthen other areas then a scarficie will need to be made.. as we are proving we can win and score plenty without Earnie, as well as tyhe fact he is our prized asset.... is it a risk worth taking?

We need to strengthen the squad all over if we have a hope of getting back to the premiership.. if it means without rob Earnshaw then so be it.... if it needs doing then do it. we wont acehieve anything if we dont take the risks..

jas :)

Not really nutty. If we kept two clean sheets in the two games then the point could be warranted being raised, but 4 goals in two games suggests Dion is still needed. I believe we are better without earnshaw, having a player upfront who can pass the ball as well as score is so much better for the team. I feel earnshaw just puts his head down and runs. But saying this the midfield has changed a lot since he has been out so it might have more to do with that. If a £4m+ bid cam in for him i would be tempted to invest it into the defence personally

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]Not really nutty. If we kept two clean sheets in the two games then the point could be warranted being raised, but 4 goals in two games suggests Dion is still needed. I believe we are better without earnshaw, having a player upfront who can pass the ball as well as score is so much better for the team. I feel earnshaw just puts his head down and runs. But saying this the midfield has changed a lot since he has been out so it might have more to do with that. If a £4m+ bid cam in for him i would be tempted to invest it into the defence personally[/quote]

Truth is that if we are to be truely competitive in this league over a 46 game season we need all the players we have now and some more besides.

You are right, the team has changed since Earnshaw has been injured so we won''t know how he would fit in with the present midfield. I think if Martin and Hucks works then Earnshaw and Hucks would work. Earnie does more than put his head down and run though, just think about the goals he has scored for us, even with his back to goal on occasions.

I really don''t go along with the belief that our defence is better with Dion. I would definitely keep him next season though. Just not as a first choice centreback.

im not saying we will be better without earnshaw and we suddnely no longer need him, all im saying is that is this a blessing in disguise, every cloud and all that. clearly losing earnshaw has affected dramatically were we will finish in the league this year and if he goes in the summer we hav lost a massiv player for us, the caliber of which we will struggle to replace. but the fact is he has been injured and out for while and because of that we hav possibly found our best youth product since bellamy or green that we may not hav otherwise, and in light of this is earnshaws lay off benifical to us in an ironic way