Sign in to follow this  
Freeza

West Ham v Tottenham what a match!

4-3 Spurs 94th minute goal, some fantastic goals, drama and poor Greeno kept Spurs out brilliantly in the first half but ends up conceding four!

And greedy guts Upson getting injured again!

There were tears from players and fans at the end, they know thy''re down now!

Brilliant entertainment on a Sunday afternoon!

Did you read that West Ham fans want their ''Player of the Season'' competition to be abandoned because they reckon no player desrves it...and they have said that if the club do run it, they will all vote for Ashton cos he is the only player not to have partaken in any game this season! 

I feel some sympathy for WHU fans cos they have been badly let down by the players and the board...but the chairman deserves evrything he gets. He bought it as an investment [:D][:D]

Strange how a £100 million investment can soon look worthless!!!![;)]

Thought Greeno was at fault for the 3rd and 4th goals. Earlier in the match after he''d been denying Berbatov the commentators mentioned about how quickly it can change for a keeper, and it did.

For the freekick he showed Berby where to put it and then he let Defoe''s fairly tame shot trickle away from him for Stalteri to score the winner.

West Ham must be gutted. I had backed Spurs so was a bit worried at 2-0 down but trust the Hammers to mes it up! What a dreadful season they are having. Upson injured yet again - I think that''s about three games played and injured in all of them!?

[quote user="GJP"]

Thought Greeno was at fault for the 3rd and 4th goals. Earlier in the match after he''d been denying Berbatov the commentators mentioned about how quickly it can change for a keeper, and it did.

For the freekick he showed Berby where to put it and then he let Defoe''s fairly tame shot trickle away from him for Stalteri to score the winner.

[/quote]

Old habits die hard ! ......  so,  we may well be playing them next season ,   wonder if Greeno  and Ashton  will still be in the team  ?

Is there an index of goals conceeded per game for current Premiership goalies?

I wonder how bad Greeno''s record is...somewhere near the top I would guess.

Personally I have no sympathy with wealthy foreign investors taking over our clubs, seeing a potential quick buck.........

Did you notice that a minimum of 4 added minutes were announced at the end of regulation time?

Spurs winner went in at the end of the 6th added minute.

I''m far from sure that anything transpired after regulation time to warrant an additional 2 added minutes.

??

OTBC

Maybe Green was at fault for the third goal - v poor placement of the wall but not the last. One on one, he''s made a great save but another white shirt was there to follow up and not a claret and blue in sight. Very poor defending - you can''t blame Green for that. Green has kept W Ham in the game for 80 minutes with some fantastic saves.

It''ll be funny to see Ashton and Greeno back here next season as looks almost certain. Wonder what sort of reception they''ll get? Green hopefully quite a generous one, but not so sure about Ashton who took the money and ran.

The papers have green as one of the best performers from west ham yesterday and friom what I saw made some very good saves.

I agree that the 4th goal was a horrendous hwoler,  but the 3rd was pretty much text book - a player on one post to cover that area and the keeper covering the other side,  Berby free kick was placed to perfection - Green had no chance to get it and it was too high for the jumping player underneath it. 

If there was ever a game which showed the best and worst of Rob Green, it was this epic game.

An outstanding first half of point blank saves was all in vain as he showed in the second half why he will never be a top class keeper.The second goal, which nobody has picked up on here, is a classic example.

You never throw the ball out to a member of your side that leaves the team in a weaker position than your opponents - which is exactly what happened. The defender lacked space to the ball he received, lost possession, then Spurs scored from the result. Curbs must of been absolutely furious, it is was Greens fault. The fourth goal was there for all to see and I wasn''t suprised, as I''ve seen it all before.

The quality press have started to realise that he cannot organise his defence very well and is not vocal enough in my opinion. It is a case of so near but yet so far for Robert for a keeper who statisically must have one of the worst ever records in The Premiership.

As they say, it''s not what you''ve got but how you use it...

I think that he was always weak for us when it came to defending free kicks, before the free kick was taken I had a feeling what might happen. He seems to plant his feet and never commit himself on free kicks. Hope he gets a good reception at Carrow Road next season though as he played an important part in the Championship winning season.

I hope Ashton is sold by West Ham for more than we sold him for otherwise we will miss out on the 15%.

was a great game and green was brilliant in the 1st half.

i am happy to see west ham go down, about time a rich foreign invester came unstuck. and also pleased to see mathew upson getting relegated again, he obviously thought he was too good for this league. Lucas neill went to west ham for that extra money aswell.

hope we get a bit of cash from the ashton sale,but isnt it 15% of any profit west ham make?

hammers- sad to see them go down, see any rats leaving the leaking ship again - no names needed eh?

There will be many players who will be leaving West Ham and that would include Green, who could well end up at Fulham. I can''t see him spending another season in The Championship as his heart won''t be in it - plus West Ham won''t pay him his £35K a week in that league!!!

Greeno has been unfortunate to be playing in such an awful team this year as every time I have seen him he has looked good, especially when they beat Man Utd.

Before West ''Am lost to Reading 6-0, Greeno had a good record of conceeding 15 in 13 games, taking him to 21 in 14, so he was dropped, he''s been back between the sticks for their last 3 games and his record now stands at 34 in 18, oh dear Greeno!

He was really good 1st half yesterday no chance with 1st or 2nd goals, wall organisation was poor for Berbatov f/k but he wouldn''t have got to it anyway as it was a fantastic f/k and the 4th one he''s made a good save but it''s squirmed away from him and his defence are still chasing back from the Tevez f/k.

The England squad looks a distant dream for Greeno now and I feel sorry for him, will certainly give him a warm round of applause if he returns to Carrow Road with West ''Am next season.

What a match though and Tevez was so close to scoring a winner just before Spurs did. When he celebrated with the crowd it was brilliant viewing and Berbatov is simply quality!

Greeno''s a great shot stopper (as he showed two or three times yesterday) who''s always had a problem organising his defence and dominating his area. It''s no coincedence that his best days at Norwich came when Malky was in the team doing a lot of the organisation for him and winning most headers when we were defending set pieces. He''s been unfortunate to play behind two awful defences in The Premiership but perhaps he''s just not quite got the all round game to cut it at the top level?

A lot of people on here seem thrilled to see him fail, but for me he was a great servant to the club and if he''s running towards the Barclay and the Snakepit in a West Ham shirt next season he''ll be sure to get a rousing reception. Perhaps that''s part of some people''s problem though, Greeno never had quite such a good ''relationship'' with some fans in other parts of the ground did he?

He will get a very warm reception from me if he is back at Carrow Road next season, I thought he was a great servant for us but to be honest I couldn''t really care less how he is getting on now. I have to admit, however, that I am "thrilled to see West Ham fail".[:)] Every Wet Sham fan I know has been totally unbearable and condescending since they had a decent season last year. Welcome back and enjoy, suckers!! 

This game reminded me of the Southampton game at the end of our prem season. Whatever you say, you can''t say you don''t feel a little sorry for the Hammers fans because this bought back all the pain of that Saints loss. They played in the same way as us too - all gung ho, pouring forward attack, huge gaps left all over the pitch for the opposition to exploit! I was surprised at Curbishley who went with FOUR strikers on the pitch at the end and then complained that they weren''t defending properly! Great drama for the neutrals though. If you''re ever having the "best league in the world" argument with any italian or spanish or german friends, just point to this game!!