Sign in to follow this  
chocolate nutter

Spillane National hero???

Just come back from weekend in Dublin where we sat in a bar downing large amounts of the black stuff watching the rep of ireland U19 on the tv when who should pop up and score the winning goal but our very own Spillane!!!!!!!.

When i jumped up the locals gave me a odd look but when i informed them of the fact that he played for the team i support lets just say i didn''t have to buy many more drinks that night!!!!!!!.

Oh also got to say thanks to Spillane as he was sat behind me on the flight home,great guy very good player!!!!.

Yes I''ve always been very impressed with Spillane when i''ve seen him play. Don''t understand why he hasn''t been given more of a chance especially when we''ve been struggling badly with injuries to defenders. Grant has seemed more happy to play people who are not 100% fit than try Spillane. I rate him more than Eagle and he''s been given a fair amount of exposure to ther first 11 so why not Spillane! We''ve seen with Martin that it can be well worth the gamble!

Looks like he might be worth the alleged £4k pw he is on...

Hopefully we will get to see a lot more of him before the end of the season

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]Yes I''ve always been very impressed with Spillane when i''ve seen him play. Don''t understand why he hasn''t been given more of a chance especially when we''ve been struggling badly with injuries to defenders. Grant has seemed more happy to play people who are not 100% fit than try Spillane. I rate him more than Eagle and he''s been given a fair amount of exposure to ther first 11 so why not Spillane! We''ve seen with Martin that it can be well worth the gamble![/quote]

Maybe it''s not necessarily for football reasons that he hasn''t been given a go...

Although in my opinion I don''t think he looks anywhere near ready for it.

I trust Grant on this.  He obviously thought Martin was ready and gave him his chance.  I would imagine that Grant will treat Spillane the same way.

The same also applies with the other Academy youngsters, Bally Smart, Rossi Jarvis, Andrew Cave-Brown.....Looks like a decent batch of youngsters is on the way. Lets hope so, will save us hundreds of thousands in the transfer market.

So untried Mickey Spillane is on 4k, and leon in the premiership was on 3??meanwhile back in norfolk....

[quote user="David Freezer"]Spillane on £4k p/w!!!?? That can''t be true.[/quote]

It may be totally unfounded but I started to believe,  or more accurately doubt whether it was that preposterous,  when a source close to the academy told me a very similar story to the one I heard from an unrelated source. 

I would like to think its a phallacy,  but who knows?

theres something wrong if Spillanes on that much! yet another question the board would need to answer if it were true.

if he;s on a 1st team players wage then why isnt he anywhere near the squad?

jas :)