Sign in to follow this  
Block E Buh

Tartan kit next season!

Can''t believe City are pulling the away white kit already, glad I bought the home one!!

Rumour has it that we are going back to the blue tartan away kit on Peter Grant''s request! 

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]Yes I''m pretty annoyed about this. I like the white kit and I bought a shirt half way through the season. Why are we changing it?? Has any reason been given?[/quote]

money for "off the field" activities

jas :)

Because one kit (either home or away) changes every season with the recently-changed kit having a lifespan of two years. Obviously, as our sponsor changed from Proton/Lotus to flybe, both kits had to change at the same time, thus the away kit only had a lifespan of one season. If we stay with flybe for a few seasons then the new away kit will last two seasons with the home kit being changed for the 08/09 season.

To be fair they did say so at the beginning of the season, I seem to remember they brought the white one out first (good marketing ploy there)

To be fair, right from the start they advertised the Away Kit as 2006/07 and the home kit as 2006/08, so noboday can say they weren''t informed.

But at the same time there''s no denying that this is a disgusting move on the part of the club, taking complete advantage of the fans/mugs who buy all the shirts. Yes they have to make their money somehow, but to give one kit 2 seasons and the other 1, well what can I say, rip off merchants.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]But at the same time there''s no denying that this is a disgusting move on the part of the club[/quote]You all knew it was going to change at the end of the season, it wasn''t

like they secretly decided to change it. Any complaint should have been last year. [quote user="alex_ncfc"]taking complete advantage of the fans/mugs who buy all the shirts.[/quote]I have no sympathy, the club made itself clear, as you say they are mugs and its there own fault.[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Yes they have to make their money somehow, but to give one kit 2 seasons and the other 1, well what can I say, rip off merchants.[/quote]Fair enough it is a bit of a cheek but its not like your forced into buying it, I''m still very happy with my 03-04 shirt and feel no pressure to have the latest one.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]But at the same time there''s no denying that this is a disgusting move on the part of the club[/quote]

You all knew it was going to change at the end of the season, it wasn''t like they secretly decided to change it. Any complaint should have been last year.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]taking complete advantage of the fans/mugs who buy all the shirts.[/quote]

I have no sympathy, the club made itself clear, as you say they are mugs and its there own fault.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Yes they have to make their money somehow, but to give one kit 2 seasons and the other 1, well what can I say, rip off merchants.[/quote]

Fair enough it is a bit of a cheek but its not like your forced into buying it, I''m still very happy with my 03-04 shirt and feel no pressure to have the latest one.

[/quote]

Quite agree, UEA Canary. If people didn''t buy the newest shirt design then the clubs wouldn''t get away with it, would they ?

On the other hand if you think you''ll be a laughing stock without the latest '' must have '' then go ahead and buy it...........

And as stated earlier the kit had to change due to the sponsor change, would you prefer them to wait another year and change both strips again - in effect forcing the people who buy both to fork out twice at the same time, rather than staggering the cost over 2 years.

Simple choice though - if you can''t afford, it don''t buy it. Doesn''t make you any less of a fan to not have the current strip.

it is fairly standard protocol in the football world, it has happened for years, if people buy them then laws of supply and demand dictate that the club will sell them. it''s not a new concept!

[quote user="Marty"]it is fairly standard protocol in the football world, it has happened for years, if people buy them then laws of supply and demand dictate that the club will sell them. it''s not a new concept![/quote]

But it is a chance to have yet another dig at the fottball club Marty, and chances such as this simply cannot be missed.

As spokesman for the ''No New Away Kit'' campaign I propose that tonight we all wear the Hummel away kit from the Milk Cup winning season (now that was a kit!) and meet outside the swimming pool at 7pm tonight before marching to the ground. We must remember to support the players at all times but grumbling about the demise of really tight shorts on a muscly left back''s thigh will be allowed. If less than 37.5 people tell me that they will be joining me before 4.36 this afternoon the protest will be cancelled and I will resign my post as spokesman.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="Marty"]it is fairly standard protocol in the football world, it has happened for years, if people buy them then laws of supply and demand dictate that the club will sell them. it''s not a new concept![/quote]

But it is a chance to have yet another dig at the fottball club Marty, and chances such as this simply cannot be missed.

As spokesman for the ''No New Away Kit'' campaign I propose that tonight we all wear the Hummel away kit from the Milk Cup winning season (now that was a kit!) and meet outside the swimming pool at 7pm tonight before marching to the ground. We must remember to support the players at all times but grumbling about the demise of really tight shorts on a muscly left back''s thigh will be allowed. If less than 37.5 people tell me that they will be joining me before 4.36 this afternoon the protest will be cancelled and I will resign my post as spokesman.

[/quote]Childish and petty, Shack... just how I like it... [:)]There really is nothing to get worked up about here, it''s part and parcel of football these days... I do like the White away kit, though, I wonder if they''ll keep the colour and just change the design slightly...?

Shack Attack wrote "As spokesman for the ''No New Away Kit'' campaign I propose that tonight we all wear the Hummel away kit from the Milk Cup winning season (now that was a kit!) and meet outside the swimming pool at 7pm tonight before marching to the ground. We must remember to support the players at all times but grumbling about the demise of really tight shorts on a muscly left back''s thigh will be allowed. If less than 37.5 people tell me that they will be joining me before 4.36 this afternoon the protest will be cancelled and I will resign my post as spokesman."

Funniest post of the century!!! LMFAO!

so do we all have to stop wearing a kit as soon as its superseded? I''m confussed

I''ll stick to my 1970''s replica thanks           (now if I only had enough hair left to get a perm and Ford rerelease the 3lt Capri in lime green, I could be right back on the cutting edge!!!!!)

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

I will join you shack. You will recognise me by the ''59ers shirt I''m wearing. I will also be wearing a rosette with the F.A. Cup on it (circa 1959 semi final) and I will be swinging a large wooden rattle.