Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Best strking partner next season

Next season when Earnie back from injury, also Jarvis, Hendo (I expect they stay or OK if they leave), Hucks (Dion won''t start up front) and Brown, also I believe we must buy a forward from anywhere, we will have at least 4 strikers there, so who will you pick to play we play 2 forwards? With the form Chris Martin had at this moment, I cannot believe Peter Grant will leave him out if he continue the high standard.

So Earnie and Martin when we played 4-4-2, would it work?

Agreed

I think Earnie''s value to the club would be best served by getting £5m for him rather than 25 goals next season. Martin''s a 25 a season player, thats clear already, get someone in alongside him, not Brown, somebody with more experience, big strong, but also mobile and it will be better than small Earnie and Martin. I think Harewood would work well with Martin, sort of like a poor mans Drogba and Rooney...

Martin is class, he looks to have it all, and i really am starting to liken him to Rooney, he has similar attributes, he''s quick, he fights, great touch, vision and thinks about the game he always seems to make the right decision, be that a pass out wide or a shot, whatever the position were in going forward he seems to come up with the perfect decision to advance. How many times have we seen us get in good positions only to waste it with the wrong decision and wrong pass. And of course he can find the net with ease as his ''two'' goals proved last night.

Martin looks the key. Earnie''s superb in front of goal but he doesnt hold the ball up well at all and he loses it a lot.

Seems to me that there is a lot of reliance on a young lad producing the goods on a regular basis. Magic if he can, but I would rather have both of them

[quote user="blacko"]Seems to me that there is a lot of reliance on a young lad producing the goods on a regular basis. Magic if he can, but I would rather have both of them[/quote]

I have been thinking the same thing. I didn''t want to post it because it would appear negative about the lad. Chris Martin has been exceptional, thje way he put away the "offside goal" last night was a joy to see. It would be magic if he could produce that over 46 games in the Championship but I think it''s asking a lot of him.

To get out of this league you probably need at least 5/6 strikers anyway. Earnshaw, Huckerby, Martin, Brown, Dublin and maybe Jarvis is not a bad start!