Sign in to follow this  
sdldjl05

Brown or Mckenzie??

Leons been gone a while now i for one miss him! but now we have Brown so given the choice who would you have Chris Brown or Leon Mckenzie???

[quote user="sdldjl05"]

Leons been gone a while now i for one miss him! but now we have Brown so given the choice who would you have Chris Brown or Leon Mckenzie???

[/quote]

Bit unfair to ask that at this point.

Brown needs a chance to grow into the team.

Depends with Leon comes with or without his personal baggage;  without it he wins everytime,  with it tagging along then Thorne wins out

[quote user="yellow blood"]As Leon refused to play for Norwich again...Chris Brown.[/quote]

Reading between the lines I believe Leon would of been more than happy to play for City again.........

The issue was playing for Nigel Worthington.

It''s a bit early to judge but for me it''s got to be Mckenzie.

Leon every time.

Brown may be young, finding his feet, can hold the ball up well and has not looked too out of place BUT he is a striker and has not looked like scoring a goal let alone finding the net.

Forget comparisons with Iwan. He will prove as impotent as Thorne and go down in our memories as a less than adequate squad filler brought in in a time of desperation.

[quote user="Big Ginge"]

[quote user="yellow blood"]As Leon refused to play for Norwich again...Chris Brown.[/quote]

Reading between the lines I believe Leon would of been more than happy to play for City again.........

The issue was playing for Nigel Worthington.

It''s a bit early to judge but for me it''s got to be Mckenzie.

[/quote]It was nothing to do with Worthington, it was personal problems... I know this one for a fact (a "source" at the club)...

Well, if I had to choose Leon, but with the situations that happend etc and what''s been said, Brown,

However, I''d have niether, we need someone like Svensson back!
God he was my fav!

I loved him while he was here - always seemed so committed, but I wouldn''t have Mckenzie back in a million years after the way he left us, refusing to play ever again. He sounds like he is a grade A p**ck!! So Brown, no doubts, I can''t stand Mckenzie. 

McKenzie certainly didn''t leave this club because of Nigel Worthington. He just left at a time when it was fashionable to blame Worthington for everything that went wrong.

What is it with all the adoration for players who choose to leave this club??

Edworthy last night was a prime example! He did OK for us when he was here but I didn''t applaud him last night. How can someone who has left the club get a better reception than some of our current players?

He had no club back in the summer of 2003 and Worthington gave him a chance, he took it well and got a contract. Two years later and he didn''t want to sign for us and turned down the clubs offer. He was never offered another contract after that.

Maybe he won''t be so warmly remembered now after that cynical challenge on Martin.

Leon had personal problems and thought a fresh start was required... i think evil Monkey might be privvy to the same information that i am!

Id take him over Brown.. at least Leon looked like scoring, and chipped in with a few assists too.. all brown has is a "nice touch". i could control a football on my chest and that would be a "nice touch" too.. that wouldnt make me a footballer though

jas :)