Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

That Referee was a complete ....!!!!

he was on the take from them! i dont care what anyone said! for the disallowed goal he waved play on! the referee has waited for Chris Martin to run 20 yards before putting the flag up. so why the hell did he play on!?!?!?

also, with that throw in.. we have not committed a foul.. we DO NOT have to give the ball back when they put it out.. its sportsman ship.. but its not in the rules.. he stopped the game and gave the ball to Bywater and told our players off! Shocking! I honestly hope we report Lee Probert to the FA and send them the video of the game!

He must of been paid off tonight! either that or he''s an Ipswich fan.... I am Livid!

jas :)

What were the officials doing tonight. What did everyone think about the decisions

1. Foul On Martin early on! No Penalty!
  2. Martin Offside
  3. Ok, u''ve given offside linesman, but wheres the red card for a proffesional foul!
  4. Other Penalty Appeals!
  5. Time Wasting and Only 4 Minutes!!!!
  6. Moore Handball for Derby goal 2?

Can anyone clear up these decisions. From my position in the thorpe wing i couldnt see the second half decisions clearly? It looked like the 1st half Martin one was a penalty!

In the program as usual they had "the final word" with the referee. One of the questions asked was,"The referee''s job is certainly a difficult one but what would you say is the toughest part of the job?"He answered "The toughest part of the job is knowing that you''ll never please everyone with the decisions you make during a match."Ok, now I like to be fair and level headed but Mr Probert you were absolutely hopeless. You can''t please everyone when you make such terrible decisions. Had he made the right decision and let the goal stand, or give the free kick then I would expect that the Derby supporters would have been disappointed to have conceded but they would have accepted the right decision. It is the fact the decison was so wrong is why the crowd got on his back. He also didn''t show much talent in keeping the players under control. Bywater who was looking for a fight with anyone in a yellow shirt really should have been dealt with by the ref, instead he decided to turn his back and do sod all.I could say he was the worst ref I''ve seen at Carrow Road but I''ve seen so many clueless individuals this season its hard to say for definate. The FA need to sort it out!

Was it Edworthy who sythed down Martin in the first half. I sit in the River End so couldn''t see it clearly but from where I was sitting I thought he should have been sent off. I used to like Edworthy as he was a good player for us but tonight just made me think he''s a reckless twat.

We were absolutely robbed tonight, I''m not sure I''ll be able to sleep I am so angry - and that''s not an exaggeration! [:@][:@][:@] 

That ref QUITE LITERALLY did not know what he was doing. I agree, Jas, if I didn''t know better (?) I would have sworn he was on the take - he really was that bad! And don''t even get me started on Bywater.........

www.thefa.com/feedback

Vent your spleen here. You''ll get a ''standard response'' email but just ask the assessor to mark him ''down''

If enough people do it, they might notice.

The so called officals were a disgrace tonight. We were robbed of what looked a perfect goal, which could have won the game for us. The decisions were bad enough but the cheating Derby players made me sick. Why was their keeper not booked or even sent off for his disgraceful time wasting. The ref just lost it - you might as well give all teams the green light to resort to these tactics once they are ahead with 10 minutes to go. They must have wasted 2 minutes when the 90 minutes was up and it was never added on. On their second goal - 4 or 5 of their players all go into the crowd to celebrate, but only one is shown a yellow card - what is the point of that - surely all of them should be cautioned or none at all?

Worst referee ever seen at Carrow Rd. Worst decision ever seen at Carrow Rd. Totally cluless wimp. How much did they pay him?

I''ve lost my voice. I have to go to work today (as every day), and sit in an office with a Binner season ticket holder. Perhaps I should stay at home.

[:@][:@][:@][:@]

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

What were the officials doing tonight. What did everyone think about the decisions

2. Martin Offside
  3. Ok, u''ve given offside linesman, but wheres the red card for a proffesional foul!

Can anyone clear up these decisions. From my position in the thorpe wing i couldnt see the second half decisions clearly? It looked like the 1st half Martin one was a penalty!

[/quote]i dont think we played 4 mins ethier it was more like 2

He was an absolute disgrace, awful decisions and lost control of the game. Their keeper was looking for a fight and faking injury, he should have been booked at the very least yet this idiot of a ref didn''t even speak to him.

One of the Derby goal scorers was booked for celebrating, I believe the idea behind this stupid law is that celebrating excessively may incite the crowd, frankly I couldn''t care less how an opposing player celebrates but to witness a refereeing display like last night made me absolutely furious and is far more likely to incite the crowd.

I suggest we contact the FA via the feedback form on their website to complain about last night''s display, the link is http://www.thefa.com/feedback/

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. [:@]

The referee and linesman were a total disgrace. 90 minutes of  thunderous football, ruined - the outcome decided by the  stupidity of the officials. The word cheat is often used lightly - in this case, i think its a very apt description.

2. Martin Offside

I dont think that we should have had a penalty last night so think he got those right, and  I cant recall the hand ball.  The second goal was our fault as a team for losing our shape defensively and playing like a schoolboy team.

The offside is the linos decision - from the barclay it was impossible to see whether it was right or not.   But having waved play on and seen there was an offside the correct decision is to come back to the free kick.  

Irrespective of whether we go on to score or come back for the free kick the challenge was a bookable offence but no card was produced.   It could only be red if he was the last man - if so that surely means Martin was offside?  If martin is onside then its a yellow.

From that moment the ref lost it;  he allowed one of their outfield players to stay on the pitch following treatment (not the keeper) and had no authority to stop the game following the throw in that Dion was running the ball out of play with to stop yet more time wasting.  And why it was only 4 minutes is unbeleivable - there were 2 mins for subs alone and at least another 4 for injuries,  let alone the blatant time wasting. 

It really is time to start using video evidence. How long would it take for an official rerun the incident to establish what happened.

The ruckus caused by the ref''s indecision lasted twice as long as a review of any video evidence.

If the ref waved play on after the foul on Hucks then he had to give a goal.

If he waved play on only to find Martin offside then obviously no advantage could acrue so he had to go back to the free kick to City.

For the Bywater injury incident I had a perfect view from above in the River End upper tier. There was no contact between Hucks and Bywater and it was pure gamesmanship from the goalkeeper.

The later incident between Martin and Bywater was another case of the ref bottling it. Either Martin fouled Bywater (in which case a free kick to Derby) or Bywater retaliated against Martin (penalty to City). What did the ref do? After a couple of minutes of Bywater time wasting he just let him drop kick it upfield.

A very good game decended into chaos because it was not won or lost by the players but by the referee.

I thought that the Referee had a fairly decent game personally, with the exception of the Martin goal and his handling of Bywaters timewasting.  Lets be honest everyone he did let the game flow in the first half and allowed a few tackles to fly, this enhanced the game as a result.  A think a more whistle happy referee would have butchered that game.

The offside goal was a hammer blow though and an awful mistake, of that there is no excuse.  Agreed Chris Martin was offside if Huckerby had played the ball, but, and I might be wrong, I didn''t think a ricochet off a defender counted as the ball being played, if this is the case then Chris Martin was ONSIDE when the original ball was played.

With regards to the other points......There were two shouts for a Darren Moore handball, the first was blasted at him from close range and it DID hit his hand, but was clearly ball to hand.  The second hit him square on the forehead.  I am positive about both of these because I had a cracking view.

No clear cut penaltys in my book.

Time wasting, this is a little bit pot/kettle/black, if the roles were reversed I would have been happy if our boys had done the same. Wouldn''t you?

The Dion incident was bizarre though.  No explanation for this whatsoever, I am quite sure what the referee chose to do then appears in no official FA rule book.

MY opinion of the ref.......Allowed the game to flow, did not blow up needlessly = good performance on this front....However when it came to making the big decision, he just lost it, in a big big way!!  This IMHO soured what would have been a good refereeing  performance. 

A quick google search...

From the Pink''Un

Awarded against City skipper Craig Fleming when Ricardo Fuller''s flick rose up against his arm from no more than two yards distance, it was the fact that referee Probert insisted on the penalty being taken again after a Southampton player clearly encroached and Robert Green clearly saved that infuriated the visitors.

A QPR fans site

As the season progresses all referees from QPR games will be rated out of ten and positioned on the league table below. You can click on the official for their match report from this site. Who will win the Lee Probert award for crass incompetence this season? My money''s on Lee Probert!

Coventry v Derby match report

Coventry boss Micky Adams was left frustrated and unhappy with referee Lee Probert, who waved away strong claims for a penalty when Leon McKenzie went down under a challenge from Dean Leacock shortly before John''s leveller. "It was a stonewall penalty but the referee said he was not in a position to see it. That''s Mr Probert - we always seem to have problems with him," said Adams, as he picked over the pieces of a third consecutive defeat.

Another dodgy decision for Derby this season

Ten became 11 for Howard two minutes later when he converted a penalty. Stead wriggled free and was fouled by St Ledger. Referee Lee Probert gave a penalty with St Ledger claiming the foul was just outside the area.

From a Brighton match report

Referee Lee Probert incurred the wrath of the Withdean faithful with some strange decisions. He booked five Albion players in an hour and yet allowed Unsworth to escape punishment for a blatant body-check on Carole which was not even penalised with a free-kick.

He''s annoyed Swindon too

Manager Dennis Wise was livid with referee Lee Probert though, as the official appeared poised to blow for the interval, well beyond the two additional minutes indicated.

However, I suppose it''s not all bad...

Ipswich thought they had equalised three minutes after the break when Alan Lee forced Aidan Davison into a fine save and Jon Macken scrambled in the rebound. The referee Lee Probert ruled it out for pushing on the goalkeeper but television replays suggested otherwise.

The list just goes on and on...

"Time wasting, this is a little bit pot/kettle/black, if the roles were reversed I would have been happy if our boys had done the same. Wouldn''t you?"

There is a fine line between professionalism & cheating - time wasting by taking goal kicks, throw ins etc. slowly may be OK (although I would expect a player - us or them - to be booked if persistent) but in my view to fake injury as their keeper clearly did (one minute holding his knee in pain then leaping up to argue with anyone in a yellow shirt, then dropping like a stone clutching knee again) is cheating and he should have been punished. So to answer your question, yes to professionalism (and accept the potential consequences) but no to cheating.

The referee was completely clueless and gutless. Hucks was brought down by Moore (after skinning Eddy) in the first half and it was a stonewall penalty but the ref gave absolutely nothing. For the dissallowed goal, Moore was the last man when he cleaned Hucks out so it should have been a yellow card at the very least, the linesman waited ages before he raised his flag to give Martin offside and the ref should have brought play back to the original offence as Norwich City clearly had no advantage from playing on. Billy Davies was telling Bywater to waste time from as early as mid way through the first half, the fourth official should have notified the ref of this. The fourth official put his board up to notify the amount of extra time whilst the ball was still out of play, there should have been at least 6 minutes of extra time and I am not convinced we played a minimum of four minutes as indicated. And do not even get me started on the Bywater/Dublin incident!!. I will be sending a comment to the FA link provided, not that I think that it will do any good

With regard to the disallowed goal, if the ball did come off Hucks and Martin was offside, the ref had already indicated that I foul had been commited buy waving advantage. The foul  (acknowledged by ref) happened before the offside so why didn''t we get the foul? Didn''t make any sense at all.

as a qualified ref i have to say mr probert had a poor game all round. yes martin was offside, but as he had given advantage he should have brought play back and given a card to the offender on hux. the foul in the first half was a red card offence not yellow. also he was too lenient with time wasting especially by bywater. he basically lost control in the second half.

[quote user="Grumpy "]In reply to Jimmy 500 were you at the same game as me last night?[/quote]

Yes, I was at the game.  And I honestly thought that the ref allowed the game to flow well in the first half.  Had someone like Graham Poll or Uriah Rennie been officiating that game they would have been blowing their whistle like a berk at a rave in the 1st half.

I do agree that he got the big decisions very very wrong.  And I do honestly believe that this soured what would have been a good refereeing performance.  (Good = Letting the game flow, that first half was as entertaining as I had seen in a long time)

Also, time wasting is time wasting whether it is feigning injury or taking goal kicks/throw ins slowly.  It is unprofessional and annoying to the chasing team.  This said, I really wouldn''t have had a problem with it if the roles were reversed.

Everyone is ranting because Norwich lost a game we deserved something fom.  Had we won the game 1-0 no one would be uttering a single word, poor decisions or not.  Yes the ref cost us a goal, but the long and short of it is that lucky Derby nicked a cheeky win, and that is what promotion chasing teams get, decisions that help and the rub of the green everywhere else.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]

A quick google search...

From the Pink''Un

Awarded against City skipper Craig Fleming when Ricardo Fuller''s flick rose up against his arm from no more than two yards distance, it was the fact that referee Probert insisted on the penalty being taken again after a Southampton player clearly encroached and Robert Green clearly saved that infuriated the visitors.

A QPR fans site

As the season progresses all referees from QPR games will be rated out of ten and positioned on the league table below. You can click on the official for their match report from this site. Who will win the Lee Probert award for crass incompetence this season? My money''s on Lee Probert!

Coventry v Derby match report

Coventry boss Micky Adams was left frustrated and unhappy with referee Lee Probert, who waved away strong claims for a penalty when Leon McKenzie went down under a challenge from Dean Leacock shortly before John''s leveller. "It was a stonewall penalty but the referee said he was not in a position to see it. That''s Mr Probert - we always seem to have problems with him," said Adams, as he picked over the pieces of a third consecutive defeat.

Another dodgy decision for Derby this season

Ten became 11 for Howard two minutes later when he converted a penalty. Stead wriggled free and was fouled by St Ledger. Referee Lee Probert gave a penalty with St Ledger claiming the foul was just outside the area.

From a Brighton match report

Referee Lee Probert incurred the wrath of the Withdean faithful with some strange decisions. He booked five Albion players in an hour and yet allowed Unsworth to escape punishment for a blatant body-check on Carole which was not even penalised with a free-kick.

He''s annoyed Swindon too

Manager Dennis Wise was livid with referee Lee Probert though, as the official appeared poised to blow for the interval, well beyond the two additional minutes indicated.

However, I suppose it''s not all bad...

Ipswich thought they had equalised three minutes after the break when Alan Lee forced Aidan Davison into a fine save and Jon Macken scrambled in the rebound. The referee Lee Probert ruled it out for pushing on the goalkeeper but television replays suggested otherwise.

The list just goes on and on...

[/quote]

interesting! what you need to do is find the sites again that u got these quotes from and email them to the FA.. Failing that send it to Trevor Brooking or whoever the head of the FA is now, and also send it to Keith Hackett... the head of referees.

Do this and i doubt we will see Mr Probert in a professional game again.

jas :)

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

2. Martin Offside

I dont think that we should have had a penalty last night so think he got those right, and  I cant recall the hand ball.  The second goal was our fault as a team for losing our shape defensively and playing like a schoolboy team.

The offside is the linos decision - from the barclay it was impossible to see whether it was right or not.   But having waved play on and seen there was an offside the correct decision is to come back to the free kick.    

[/quote]

Referee''s post on these forums? Hey lee probert!

:P

hogesar

Was at the game last night and we were totally robbed.Firstly, the penatly when Moore brought down Martin, Im sorry but Hucks dived, he was going over before Moore even got near him, I was in the upper Barclay and had a crackin view of it, even checked the highlights at half time to make sure, half-time I commented that I thought the ref had been pretty decent.The second half however was dire.Look ref, if Martin''s offside, then Hucks being brought down is the last defender and he''s off, red card. If Martin is onside, the goal stands and the guy gets a yellow card, HOW is it even comprehendable that they get a freekick?!Bywater should have been sent off for that disgraceful display, and towards the end of the game the ref just gifted Derby the roll-off, he should have booked several players for time wasting.We were robbed, and it feels bitter as anything.