Sign in to follow this  
Master J-Do Pur

What has happened to Shackell and his passing

I haven''t be able to make it to a game this year, apart from Blackpool, because living away at uni. Last season i thought Shackell was composed on the ball and good at calming down the game but all i read now is that is distrubution is awful. Has his passing really got so bad? If so why could this be, maybe a lack of confidence. I have always thought he looks so much more assured when next to Dion. Does anyone else know why it has gone so bad?

I don''t think Shackell''s distribution has ever been that good. And I don''t think he plays any better beside Dublin than he does beside Doherty. (The team as a whole is always better with Dublins leadership) I think he will carry on improving, he is still young, and centrbacks do get better with experience.

But I expect I''m in the minority and many others will blame Doherty for Shackels shortcomings!

I agree with you Nigel. Shacks distribution has never been that

great...his first option every time is a hoof and it does my head in.

When and if you go the games actually watch what shacks does with the ball, the long diaganal ball nearly always finds the player orherwise it goes short to drury or when we have a player in midfield very rare though it goes that way,but next time actualy watch the game.Also doc he gets it wright 80% of the time when he has  a pass on????????

As someone else said in another post its an 11 man game not just 2.

I must say he''s improved over recent games, before that his passing was absolutely dreadful.

Always bugged me how a professional footballer could be such a rubbish passer of the ball but there has been some definite improvement in recent weeks.