Sign in to follow this  
Ark

So much whinging!

The last two days, the pinkun news has just been full of Grant and his players whinging about the performance of the ref against Derby... Disallowed goals, penalties not given, and now not enough stoppage time... GET OVER IT GUYS!!! How can we hope to build for the next game against this kind of background... Previously, I have always been full of admiration for PG''s post-match comments, he''s usually pretty honest and doesn''t pretend we had a great game when we didn''t.These guys have to face facts...We conceded two poor goals in the second half after taking the lead... Whatever game the ref had, we let ourselves down with sloppy defending, and that''s what the team needs to be concentrating on... Credit to teenager Chris Martin for being the only one so far to publicly acknowledge it and not point fingers!

I think all these comments are only from one or two interviews. They are just being released in different guises over a long time to keep people amused.

I also think PG has acknowledged more than enough that the result was not solely down to refereeing - which Martin has agreed with.

Credit, but where it is due...

These are probably all comments that were made in the immediate post match interview slot that have been regurgitated over and over by local press because there is nothing else to fill pages up with. I doubt very much that Grant has actually spent the last two days ''whinging about the performance of the ref''. And you have been very selective even about this. The PG interview that I have seen and heard speaks extensively about the players sloppy defending. In fact his exact comments stated that we have to sort out our ''soft centre''. So I don''t really think that your criticism of him is particularly valid in this instance.  

I think you''ll find he''s been whinging about the way we conceded those goals as much as anything else. Especially since he specifically said to them ''don''t give them space from throw ins''. Also, it looks like the papers haven''t got much to print anyway - everything today is just a re-hash of what was said on the night, except now they''ve got a reaction from Derby. Time we all got over it, really.