Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Dixon Time to go

I hope he never plays for us again! the first goal was from a throw in and he failed to react! they turned shot and scored.. the 2nd goal, had he of made the tackle, or at least attempted it would of allowed more time for Hughes to of closed down, he didnt.. Derby Crossed.. Derby Scored.

Although he did have a better game tonight its these 2 glaring errors that have cost us the match.. and they were Errors that a professional at this level simply should not be making...

We cant afford to keep him in the team when he is going to cost us goals (and games) regardless how well he plays. He knew the 1st goal was his fault and tried to blame Lappin for it.

Time for Grant to issue "desmond" the ultimatum i think...

jas :)

Is he Good?, Is he Lazy?, Is he overcritisized?

Tonight i thought he was ok to be honest, he gets unfair criticism at times in my opinion. My biggest annoyance about him tonight was that he just seems to back off too much. I am not his biggest fan, i think some of his performances have been well below par, but like Neil Adams said, is he really as bad as people make out? Was he really that bad tonight|?

''Dickson'', surely....

And yes, we was invisible for most of the 60 mins he was on the field. Oh, and a note to Neil Adams: I''m not convinced 20,000 people ''applauded him off the pitch'', I didn''t. I did clap Dion''s entrance however.

I think his failure to close down the Derby player for the first goal tonight changed the game because up until then Derby didn''t look like scoring.  I thought every other player gave 100% tonight, but I couldn''t say the same for Etuhu.  I personally wouldn''t be upset if he left tomorrow.  That aside it was a tremendous performance tonight only spoilt by the referee.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I hope he never plays for us again! the first goal was from a throw in and he failed to react! they turned shot and scored.. the 2nd goal, had he of made the tackle, or at least attempted it would of allowed more time for Hughes to of closed down, he didnt.. Derby Crossed.. Derby Scored.

Although he did have a better game tonight its these 2 glaring errors that have cost us the match.. and they were Errors that a professional at this level simply should not be making...

We cant afford to keep him in the team when he is going to cost us goals (and games) regardless how well he plays. He knew the 1st goal was his fault and tried to blame Lappin for it.

[/quote]

In fairness...when it comes to their first goal Fotheringham should have stuck a tackle in before Dickson. He was more guilty of standing off than Etuhu was.

Agreed Matt - he was OK today but Jas is right - Etuhu played a key part in both goals for failing to close down Jones for the first one when he had plenty of time to do so -if I had time to scream at him to move then Etuhu had time to read and react to the danger too - and for not tracking the runner (again) for the second.

Etuhu is always the weak link. He prances around aimlessly pretending to be a footballer and pretending to know what he is doing but he stands off far that he might as well be on the bench.

A poor poor player. Not a scapegoat - a footballer playing in a league beyond his ability

I am not suprised that Etuhu looks dis-interested, look at the slating he gets every single week, his morale is probably shot to bits.  Get off the kids back, he is only 24 and clearly has talent.  Perhaps if he got a bit more support and backing he would grow in confidence and start showing what he is made of on a more consistent basis.

Look at the difference in Andy Hughes since everyone has laid off him.

This whipping boy mentaility surrounding the club is getting tedious to say the least.  If we aren''t slagging Etuhu its the board, if its not the board its Peter Grant or Peter Thorne or MLJ or anyone else who has dared make a mistake. 

This was summed up perfectly last night by the tw*t who sits in front of me. 91st minute the ball is running out for a throw by the Norwich byline, bloke in front "for f***s sake Hughes, you lazy b*****d, you should be busting a f*****g gut to get that ball, pathetic".  91st minute!!!!!!! after running his socks off for the entire game, ever thought that he might be knackered.  Absolute joke, some of this clubs fans are a complete and utter joke with absolutely no grasp of reality.

Give it a rest for christs sake.

Etuhu was not good last night but he was not totally to blame for Derby''s goals. Some posters on here seem to have an agenda against certain players and it''s unfair. Etuhu and Doherty are the present whipping boys it seems. If mistakes have to be found and players have to be blamed then Shackell was at fault for the second goal, was I the only one to see that? Etuhu was no worse than Fotheringham but the midfield suffered through Lappin having to play fullback and so we had no natural left side enforcing another change of system. From where I saw the game Doherty only made one mistake all game and that was when he went to ground on the edge of the box second half. It wasn''t costly. Other than that he kept a very good centreforward quiet for 90 mins. His distribution was poor at times but Shackells was abysmal. I don''t want to be on here criticising Shacks I am just making a point. All in all the two centrebacks defended really well and right now we can''t afford better.

We played a good side last night but were not beaten by a better side. People say that you make your own luck in football and it''s probably true to a certain extent. But this season fates have conspired against us more than I can ever remember. I will be glad when it''s over and I can see plenty of promise for the future under Peter Grant.

To blame Etuhu for the two Derby goals is extremly unfair. He had a reasonable game last night and the goals were not just down to him. When they scored the first goal Norwich were on some sort of an ego trip, Hughes was being cheered for little flicks, until he gifted the ball away, the whole team were not concentating, Doherety let a cross come in from in front of me in the snake pit when he should have got his foot in, and we then all sat back and watched. Classic Norwich total lapse in concentration, I am not a huge Etuhu fan though I still think he will get a lot better, but dont blame him when most of the team were at fault!  To do so lets the rest of the team off the hook, our defensive weaknesses are much more deep seated than one indevidual.           

[/quote]

[quote user="jimmy500"]

I am not suprised that Etuhu looks dis-interested, look at the slating he gets every single week, his morale is probably shot to bits.  Get off the kids back, he is only 24 and clearly has talent.  Perhaps if he got a bit more support and backing he would grow in confidence and start showing what he is made of on a more consistent basis.

This whipping boy mentaility surrounding the club is getting tedious to say the least.  If we aren''t slagging Etuhu its the board, if its not the board its Peter Grant or Peter Thorne or MLJ or anyone else who has dared make a mistake. 

This was summed up perfectly last night by the tw*t who sits in front of me. 91st minute the ball is running out for a throw by the Norwich byline, bloke in front "for f***s sake Hughes, you lazy b*****d, you should be busting a f*****g gut to get that ball, pathetic".  91st minute!!!!!!! after running his socks off for the entire game, ever thought that he might be knackered.  Absolute joke, some of this clubs fans are a complete and utter joke with absolutely no grasp of reality.

[/quote]i know the run you''re talking about - hughes was really struggling to walk let alone ''bust a gut''. 

[quote user="jimmy500"]

I am not suprised that Etuhu looks

dis-interested, look at the slating he gets every single week, his

morale is probably shot to bits.  Get off the kids back, he is

only 24 and clearly has talent.  Perhaps if he got a bit more

support and backing he would grow in confidence and start showing what

he is made of on a more consistent basis.

This whipping boy mentaility surrounding the club is getting tedious

to say the least.  If we aren''t slagging Etuhu its the board, if

its not the board its Peter Grant or Peter Thorne or MLJ or anyone else

who has dared make a mistake. 

This was summed up perfectly last night by the tw*t who sits in

front of me. 91st minute the ball is running out for a throw by the

Norwich byline, bloke in front "for f***s sake Hughes, you lazy

b*****d, you should be busting a f*****g gut to get that ball,

pathetic".  91st minute!!!!!!! after running his socks off for the

entire game, ever thought that he might be knackered.  Absolute

joke, some of this clubs fans are a complete and utter joke with

absolutely no grasp of reality.

[/quote]

Sorry mate, I can''t buy that. He''s had long enough to prove how good he

is/n''t. His confidence is shot to bits because we''re getting more and

more angry at the lacklustre lazy performances he puts in week after

week. I''m sick of his lack of effort, and lack of passion for that

matter. I wear the canary on my shirt with so much pride, as most of us

do...and the players that play for us should too.

Alright I''m not the biggest fan of hughes but the man gives us 110%

every game. He wears that badge with fight and passion. If Dixon did

the same, I''m sure a lot of fans would lay off him. I certainly would.

as Long as dickson gets his wage slip he doesnt need to bother.

theres someone like that at Every company.

People forget what i mentioned earlier. The first 6 matches of the

season he was strolling to player of the season. Against WBA, Cardiff,

Colchester and Sunderland he was awesome to.

If he continues to get abused then he''ll just turn around and walk out

of the club. Why should he bother? First half he was very good in my

opinion and did everything he needed to in a 3 man central midfield. He

put his fair share of tackles in, he pushed forward well and some of

our good attacks were first started by him.

On this board and in the stands people''s minds have been made up. Even

if he ran round the pitch everywhere. Even if he made goal-line

clearances (which he shouldn''t do anyway so don''t blame him for not

being on the line when the two derby goals went in as well) he will get

slated. How about all you bunch of 5 year old lay off the man. It''s

getting to a ridiculous level even worse than Hooze.

Dickson Etuhu is not Gary Holt, not Andy Hughes, not Youseff Safi. He

is more like a Francis type player. So stop coming out with this

rubbish: "he does barely any tackles" , he doesn''t defend in the box" ,

"he should have tracked their attacking midfielder" because you are

wrong, that''s safri''s job, and that would be hughes'' job if he were in

the midfield.

Leave him alone and start acting like fans who support their team and

not drive their players out of the club by ridiculous jives.

[/quote]

That''s just way way way over the top jas!

when he shows some willing he will get supported.. i ahve already stated he did very well last night... and deserves credit.. but made 2 glaring howlers.. howlers from which Derby scored.

I always think its better to be the player no one notices.. they never get moaned at.. they never get praised... yet they probably do just as much work as anyone else.. EG Fozzy.

Etuhu needs to concentrate and eradicate the mistakes.. im starting to think that theres nothing wrong with the ability its just that his mind goes walkies and he cant concentrate for 90 minutes. if he could think about what he was doing and focus for a full game we''d see the Etuhu of earlier in the season.

I am normally an Etuhu critic but he did play ok last night.I think I can understand why he in particular is a whipping boy, lack of effort (even if just perceived) is much more annoying than lack of skill.  He can be a great player for us, he just needs to show it more often.

He got a lot of praise for how he played at Chelsea too, so people will give him credit for when he puts the performances in. However they are too rare and too sporadic and we can''t have a central midfielder who only turns up for half the match

Thought he played well first half last night, second half he didnt seem too bothered and stepped off players far too quickly, he just seems to prance around when he decides he''s had enough.

the 1st goal was not etuhu''s fault! lappin was infront of howard and shackell was behind him and fotheringham decided 2 run past the lad that scored and stand infront of lappin. etuhu held the position that he has every time the opposition have a throw near our goal as grant would want him!

but hey he is your whipping boy on here so have fun

dicko has the talent, but i don''t think he is physically/mentally able to apply it.  its frustrating for him, and everybody concerned.  a super display at chelsea isn''t replicated after.  after 10-15 mins last night, there was a pause in play, and i pointed out to a mate how dicko was the only player on the pitch with his hands on hips, bending forward, taking deep breaths.  has his got the energy to match his talent?? is he suffering from the after affects of a virus ??  i don''t know, but francis went off the boil during our champs winning season, was dropped, but then came back stronger.  dicko is 24, coming into his prime - imo he''s worth keeping for another 2 years, but at the minute, he''d be on the bench for me, if we have the luxury of other options. 

we''re in this mess because of that mamby-pamby attitude "get behind him,  its his confidence,  be positive ...bla-bla-bla"  What a load of bull...  We cant afford to carry lazy players like etuhu.  Hes meant to be a professional,  we cant wait for him to slowly get his act together and play for us with passion one day.  But it seems PG does have this soft attitude and its because of that we''re fighting off relegation.  I agree with you about hughes, he''s not the best player (by far) we''ve had but he tries and has plenty of guts, for that we should be thankful.  But dont, dont tell me to get behind and encourage a lazy gutless player like etuhu.  He gets paid too much and doesn''t bat an eye lid when he collects his ill-gotten-gains! If players like him had the kick up the backside at the start of our slide down the table we wouldn''t be in this sorry situation.

Sorry but who was our best player at the start of the season? Exactly when you said he should be getting a kick up the backside.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

what is.. the fact that Dickson has, (not in the last game apart from the howlers), for the majority of the season just pulled his kit on and got paid...?

or the fact that theres one in every organisation? Im sure you work with someone who doesnt give 2 hoots about the job, the company, his/her colleagues as long as they money goes in the bank.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

what is.. the fact that Dickson has, (not in the last game apart from the howlers), for the majority of the season just pulled his kit on and got paid...?

or the fact that theres one in every organisation? Im sure you work with someone who doesnt give 2 hoots about the job, the company, his/her colleagues as long as they money goes in the bank.

[/quote]

Is that what you seriously think Dickson Etuhu does or are you just in a bad mood??

If I worked with you I''d probably sack you....

joke...

JOKE...

honest... 

I think.... [*-)]

If only we could invent a machine that combines Dixons physical talent and Andy Hughes workrate/passion.

The problem is such a player would probably be too good for us and playing in the prem.

That''s a very good point USAcanary. I don''t think Etuhu is lazy but he just doesn''t seem to have the same obvious passion that Hughes has. He also seems to lose concentration or focus at times. But some of that could be his body language. Hughes is obviously industrious where as Etuhu can appear lethargic. Yet if you analyze Dickson''s performance he does as much during the game as any other midfielder.

I have been saying the same things about Doherty too. He appears ungainly and clumsy, always looks like he is going to give away free kicks and make mistakes. Again if you analyze his performances those things don''t actually happen.

I could be wrong about both players but it''s the way I see them.