Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

1% of the squad will never be fit!...

So, come on down Peter Thorne!.

Look, I don''t usually do player assasinations, well, apart from Donk, Ashton, Green, Holt and a few others!. But we seriously need fit players with our very small squad , and he never has been.

City need  to dump this ''sick note'' in the summer, he''s a big wage earner (why??) he''s failed at every turn of his City career and if he''s still here next season then Peter Grants judgement is seriously flawed in my opinion. 

Either sell (E bay!) trade or give away, I don''t mind, as long as Carrow Road is a Thorne free zone.

Silly me.................it is already!.

1st Wizard and nutty nigel in total agreement!

But, as has already been pointed out, he is out of contract and surely he won''t be offered another.

If I had done an assanination on the great Gary Holt I would keep quiet about it though. One guy who never let us down!

the thing that annoyed me most about Thorne was his refusal (on the 1 day this year where he wasnt injured or had a bit of toothache) was his refusal to go on loan (whioch wouldnt have affected his salary)...not interested in playing football at all happy to sit on his backside and pick up the pay without putting in the work.

i actually think he might be given a years deal! it all depends on who the club are forced to sell.. we need bodies in the squad. be they Darren Huckerby or be they Peter Thorne.. we need to have a full squad to choose from. and some cover for every position if poss.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i actually think he might be given a years deal! it all depends on who the club are forced to sell.. we need bodies in the squad. be they Darren Huckerby or be they Peter Thorne.. we need to have a full squad to choose from. and some cover for every position if poss.

[/quote]

I think this will be an interesting one. Grant, on many occasions has left him out of the first 16 even on the odd occasion that he''s fit, so obviously doesn''t rate him. The club pay him well in wages which is what attracted him here from Cardiff as opposed to other clubs like Stoke, Luton and Watford who all wanted him at the time and had similar bids accepted. Therefore I''d expect them to want to offload him and his relatively high wages as well. But he does seem to lead a charmed life for no apparant reason. In the spirit of Randomness I can see his lucky self sneaking another year, although it flies in the face of all logic!

get rid of him

free up the wages to give Martin a healthy proffesional contract

Going off track here slightly, but I was under the impression that players who are out with a long term injury (anyhing over 1 month) had their wages paid under an insurance policy held by the club.

In relation to Mt T, I would expect him to leave at the end of the season.

Finally, I never realised the club had a 100 players, so I am sure that the thread should read 4% of the squad will never be fit!!

[quote user="Rethinking the future"]I never realised the club had a 100 players, so I am sure that the thread should read 4% of the squad will never be fit!![/quote]

Do I really need to explain the percentages rule to you?.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote] I can''t belive he will be given another year - what would be the point?? With Dublin, Earnie, Martin, Brown, Jarvis and Hucks all able to play up front, why would we need Thorne?? I think Grant has seen enough to know that it would be stupid to offer him another contract.

If he is given another year I will be truly horrified and speechless so there!! [;)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Rethinking the future"]I never realised the club had a 100 players, so I am sure that the thread should read 4% of the squad will never be fit!![/quote]

Do I really need to explain the percentages rule to you?.

[/quote] Sorry for being thick Wiz but I''m struggling to see that too. Thorne is one of about 30 players in the squad so if he isn''t fit that means about 3.33% of the squad will never be fit!? To be honest though it''s being very picky and it really isn''t essential to the post - your point is very clear irrespective of figures!!

Alex and Others: 

If during a game, City have only 3 shots on target yet score from all 3, thats a 100% strike rate!.

Likewise, if one member of the squad (regardless of squad size) is ALWAYS injured, and the others aren''t, thats a 1% ratio.

Or:

If there are only 50 posters on here, and 25 of  them are scummers.........then 50% of the board are scummers!.

Okay?.

And yes, I did work in accounts!!.

Now I need to lay down!.