Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

BYWATER

my kids told me in the second half they heard him tell a ballboy to f*** off. if this is true did anybody else hear it? they sit at the front of the n&p so were close at the time. if this is confirmed is it possible to put a complaint in against him to the authorities? also the gestures to the fans at the end of the game could be construed as incitement so can he be reported for that?

He was certainly mouthy with the ball boy and it wouldn''t surprise me if he did swear, given his totally unprofessional behaviour at the end of the game.  He was a disgrace and should be reprimanded for his conduct.  I''m still seething about it now.

He was totally out of order last night and I suggest we write letters to the club or the FA, I intend on doing so.

[quote user="baldyboy"]my kids told me in the second half they heard him tell a ballboy to f*** off. if this is true did anybody else hear it? they sit at the front of the n&p so were close at the time. if this is confirmed is it possible to put a complaint in against him to the authorities? also the gestures to the fans at the end of the game could be construed as incitement so can he be reported for that?[/quote]

Presumably the crowd had done nothing whatsoever to wind Mr Bywater up? I find it pathetic that a crowd can swear at and abuse a footballer for the entirety of a game and then go running to the police the moment he raises two fingers to them.

Last time I checked football fans we renowned as being a fairly thick skinned bunch with a good sense of humour and personally I find the rush from some people to register their shock and horror at Bywater''s actions a bit embarrasing.

I''m as sick as anybody about losing last night, particularly in that manner, but the rush to report this to the authorities saddens me. We have enough problems with ''compensation culture'' in this country, lets not bring it in to our football grounds.

I sit about 12 rows from the front of the N & P, at the end of the game Bywater gave a v sign, shook his wrist in a way that most young teenagers do each evening, and also mouthed F*** you and F*** off to the front few rows of the stand..if thats not incitement then what is? i hope he gets a ban he was well out of order!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]my kids told me in the second half they heard him tell a ballboy to f*** off. if this is true did anybody else hear it? they sit at the front of the n&p so were close at the time. if this is confirmed is it possible to put a complaint in against him to the authorities? also the gestures to the fans at the end of the game could be construed as incitement so can he be reported for that?[/quote]

if id been said ball boy id of just kep chcuking the ball either over his head or away when it came near me. Big cheeky grin on my face

I''ve got one of these Football Gaffes video and a Leyton Orient player swears at a ball boy for not collecting a ball, only to find that a skin head fan in the crowd has the ball, he''s so angry with what the player shouts at the ball boy that he throws the ball full pelt in the players face! id love to see that done to Bywater!

jas :)

Shack Attack,

It is called inciting the crowd. If a player, quite often Huckerby (and in the past Svensson) can be booked for exuberant celebrations being interpreted as such an incitement then why should a player be able to get away with f''ing and blinding and making insulting hand gestures towards the same crowd? I think people just want some consistency!!  

complain about it to the fa, the worst that can happen is you waste 5 minutes.

I remember a game against Milwall some years ago in which Steve Claridge was coming in for immense amounts of stick, mainly for being a complete plonker... after a corner, or something, down by the Lower Barclay/Snake Pit area I remember he put his hand behind his back as he walked off and made the afore-mentioned "teenage activity" sign... at the time I was incensed and couldn''t believe no cameras had seen it so action could be taken...

But then I realised that he''s just a prat with little brains, and we''d been winding him up all game so, probably, fair play in the end... I think crowds do need to be able to take it as well as dish it out, as long as it''s not something overtly inciteful like karate kicking... a gesture here and there can be ignored, in my opinion...

Look at the reaction to Joey Barton''s mooning... I thought it was hilarious, as did many around the country, yet for some reason it was talked about for weeks as if Barton had stabbed someone... sometimes we need to just accept that players can be a little silly and let them get on with it... there were far bigger crimes in last night''s game, particularly the refereeing by the sound of things!

Though I forgot to add that if he did indeed insult a ball-boy, as alleged, then he should be hauled up... there''s mooning and gestures and then there''s full-on abuse...

so shak attack if somebody wound you up your response would be to tell them to F*** O** and if they smacked you one in response you would be happy? doubt it. the fact is it was aimed at a ball boy, had he wound him up all night? doubt it. so your argument is flawed, i said he was swearing atthe ballboy not the crowd!!

yes he gestured to the crowd also as i said, but how many times is hux abused etc and does he react like that? NO

[quote user="baldyboy"]

so shak attack if somebody wound you up your response would be to tell them to F*** O** and if they smacked you one in response you would be happy? doubt it. the fact is it was aimed at a ball boy, had he wound him up all night? doubt it. so your argument is flawed, i said he was swearing atthe ballboy not the crowd!!

yes he gestured to the crowd also as i said, but how many times is hux abused etc and does he react like that? NO

[/quote]

Fair enough. Swearing at a ball boy is well out of order, I can accept that.

But gesturing at a crowd who''ve been giving you stick for 90 mins, I just don''t see the problem?

For crying out loud, when did football fans become such a sensitive bunch!

Agreed shack. If he said that to the ball boy, then fair enough, he should be sorted out.

However, for the amount of stick that I, and the rest of the Barclay

give to certain players that come to carrow road (Marshall, Muscat,

Robbie Blake etc..)....I can accept it back to be honest. Two fingered

salute at the crowd....whoopee doo.... Those who live in glass houses

shouldn''t throw stones....and all that.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Presumably the crowd had done nothing whatsoever to wind Mr Bywater up? I find it pathetic that a crowd can swear at and abuse a footballer for the entirety of a game and then go running to the police the moment he raises two fingers to them.

Last time I checked football fans we renowned as being a fairly thick skinned bunch with a good sense of humour and personally I find the rush from some people to register their shock and horror at Bywater''s actions a bit embarrasing.

I''m as sick as anybody about losing last night, particularly in that manner, but the rush to report this to the authorities saddens me. We have enough problems with ''compensation culture'' in this country, lets not bring it in to our football grounds.

[/quote]

Well said Shack Attack.

How can we, as supporters, expect to have it both ways ? Some of the things we get away with in the heat of the moment at a game would probably lead to a court appearance if we behaved similarly elsewhere. All the '' winding up ''  and banter that goes on in the stadium is all part and parcel of being at a match and makes for a better atmosphere. If we''re truthful how many of us can honestly say we don''t enjoy having a '' go '' at the opposition ? Sportsmen are renowned for '' sledging '' each other, particularly in cricket, in the hope that the opponent should lose concentration at a vital moment and I think they too enjoy fans banter........City legend Robert Fleck positively thrived on it. 

Things can go too far - as the Eric Cantona episode at Selhurst Park illustrates - but for me one of the highlights towards the end of our Tamworth experience was the corner flag exchange between their corner taker and some City fans in which their player was suggesting that he knew their wives and girlfriends rather better than they might otherwise have wished !

At that stage the hosts were 4-1 down, there was but a couple of minutes to go and both sets of players and fans had enjoyed the whole occasion.

It rounded the day off quite nicely........

having e mailed the club with reference to the swearing at the ballboy i had a reply from neil doncaster to say they had received several complaints and had passed the matter on to the fa.

Bywater - Why did he try to have a go at Dion too? 

Very strange guy, picking on a kid too, shame on him [:@]

Whilst Bywater was rolling around doing a passable impersonation of a dying swan Dion went and had a word with the ball boy.   

Given the Dion’s consummate professionalism I would imagine he told him to throw a ball at him as quickly as possible even if he was faffing about, rolling around, wasting time and generally behaving like a prize ---- 

Personally I would have been happy to pay a considerable amount extra to watch Dion stick one right between his eyes and send him into the middle of next week.  In recent years we have been missing something since Muscat retired,  Bywater looks to be our man 

To conclude, in the Gun club afterwards when Chris Martin was asked about Bywater he reckoned the only thing he said to him was “What are you doing?”  Now I know he is only 18 but something tells me he was a whole load more Fleck / Bellamy-esque than that!

I''m with Shack Attack, And Smith Must Score and Evil Monkey on this one.

If he had a go at the ballboy he deserves all he gets, but giving it back to the crowd? Great! Sticks and Stones going both ways is good crack. Plus, if it''s ongoing the crowd might even be able to distract him enough for City to gain some sort of advantage or even score!

The "what if your child/wife/grandma was in the front row" argument doesn''t hold water for me either. Football is a game designed for the old school of man, where you can show aggression and passion without having to apologise profusely in fear of a lawsuit for holding an opinion. And whilst everyone''s welcome to come along, they should be prepared to embrace the culture that makes it what it is.

If that includes an overrated West Ham reserve goalie giving a few hundred people the w***** sign when they''ve been giving him stick for ten minutes, then fine. Give him some more back and lets all carry on like sensible human beings instead of media-influenced "Shock and Offense" takers.

shouldnt comment on the ballboy thing as this is "alleged" but if true is out of order. first time ive heard of the incident, but the player should be punished.

fans abuse players and some will at one point give a bit back when they have had enough. if someone was on my case for 90 minutes, where you have to remember they cant just walk away from it i may at some point snap. if you cant take what you give out, dont give it in the first place. if you kick a dog for long enough eventually it will bite back e.g. why theolsters board demo thread got locked earlier {but lets not talk about that,lets talk football}. some famous bloke said that once, dont know who,think he had a beard. im not saying abusing players is right or wrong, its just part of the banter we have at the match. anyone who can say they have never abused a player in some form or another is a very rare fan indeed.

[quote user="baldyboy"]

having e mailed the club with reference to the swearing at the ballboy i had a reply from neil doncaster to say they had received several complaints and had passed the matter on to the fa.

[/quote]

So now you''ve e-mailed the club to express you outrage at this nasty man''s behaviour. Well done, I''m sure they''ve really got nothing better to do.

May I ask whether you''ve ever sworn or gestured at an opposing player? It''s just that if you have, I think you''re skating on pretty thin ice here!

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="baldyboy"]

[/quote]

May I ask whether you''ve ever sworn or gestured at an opposing player? It''s just that if you have, I think you''re skating on pretty thin ice here!

[/quote]

The difference is, we as fans pay hundreds of pounds a season for the right to say what we like. The player involved is earning thousands of pounds a week to do his job and keep to the rules. Swearing at opposition fans and especially a ball boy is against FA rules and he should be dealt with accordingly.

+He''s a cheat!

Well I''m hoping that WBA and Birmingham pip Derby to the winning post.

Didn''t like the goalies dramatics and didnt like Derby''s time wasting antics. Everyone does it in the last 5 mins or so but I thought they went overboard starting 20 mins from the end

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="baldyboy"]

[/quote]

So now you''ve e-mailed the club to express you outrage at this nasty man''s behaviour. Well done, I''m sure they''ve really got nothing better to do.

[/quote]

I''ve never told a ball boy to F off before! Also, as a professional sportsman he should not make obscene gestures to the crowd, it is inflamatory behaviour, of do you disagree with this?  

[quote user="cityangel"]

Well I''m hoping that WBA and Birmingham pip Derby to the winning post.

Didn''t like the goalies dramatics and didnt like Derby''s time wasting antics. Everyone does it in the last 5 mins or so but I thought they went overboard starting 20 mins from the end

[/quote]

Me too.  Re: Derby''s attitude, I now feel the same as I did for Preston last season.  I hate sides that do what they both did, and would not be at all happy if we did the same.  Preston were for me probably the best side we played at home last season, but they wasted time almost from the off, had players rolling about the pitch at any opportunity and lost any good will that I could have had for them - the point was that it was all completely unnecessary.  The result was that I was pleased when they failed to secure promotion (not that they could care, I''m sure!).  It is surely not a coincidence that both these sides have the same manager, a spot of timewasting is always going to happen, but not to the disgraceful degree of his sides of the last two seasons, for me that is cheating and a big step too far.

I''m certainly not particularly bothered about players gesturing and that sort of thing, in the heat of the moment stuff happens that shouldn''t - it really is a bit rich to barrack and swear at someone for 90 mins but come over all upset if they give a finger if/when they win.  Perhaps it shouldn''t happen, but players are human.  OK, some are getting what we earn in a year in a month, but there will be times that they react.  That''s life.  That said, there is no reason for him to swear at the ball boy and he ought to be brought to book if it is true.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

Well said Shack Attack.

How can we, as supporters, expect to have it both ways ? Some of the things we get away with in the heat of the moment at a game would probably lead to a court appearance if we behaved similarly elsewhere. All the '' winding up ''  and banter that goes on in the stadium is all part and parcel of being at a match and makes for a better atmosphere. If we''re truthful how many of us can honestly say we don''t enjoy having a '' go '' at the opposition ? Sportsmen are renowned for '' sledging '' each other, particularly in cricket, in the hope that the opponent should lose concentration at a vital moment and I think they too enjoy fans banter........City legend Robert Fleck positively thrived on it. 

Things can go too far - as the Eric Cantona episode at Selhurst Park illustrates - but for me one of the highlights towards the end of our Tamworth experience was the corner flag exchange between their corner taker and some City fans in which their player was suggesting that he knew their wives and girlfriends rather better than they might otherwise have wished !

At that stage the hosts were 4-1 down, there was but a couple of minutes to go and both sets of players and fans had enjoyed the whole occasion.

It rounded the day off quite nicely........[/quote]

I seem to recall Huckerby''s celebration to his first goal at the Tamworth game! Unless it had a different meaning or i missed something, it was the "Easy,Easy,Easy,Easy" chant (i thought "he can''t do that") and also included the hand clap over the head. But nothing ever came of it or was said about it and as you say both sets of fans enjoyed the game. My point is crowd encitement happens almost every game in one form or another, but aiming a mouthfull of abuse at a ball boy is a disgrace and should serve some form of punishment!