Sign in to follow this  
Canary Pirate

Manic Managers

Can anyone explain what all the finger pointing, arm waving, wolf whistling, screaming antics by the managers is all about. Presumably they explain to the players exactly what is required from them before kick off and then they spend the next 90 minutes hysterically gesticulating to every point of the compass in a vain attempt to re-emphasise their instructions to.......presumably, a bunch of players who completely lose their memory directly after kick off.

I thought it was just a PG thing, but noticed on the telly George Burley and Billy Davies doing the same......................and then there is Mike Newell who just stands with arms folded propping up the dug out.......food for thought considering Lutons current plight !

As he just told us - other than Martin the players need constant reminders;  although not recalling instructions from at most 45 mins ago is a bit worrying.

I guess if you cant sign leadership in the players on the pitch you as manager have to give it from the touch line.

I''d rather the manager was adaptable to the situation and reacted accordingly by shouting advice and instructions from the touch-line, than coming up with a "plan A" and leaving it at that by standing on the touchline for the next 90 minutes chewing gum with their arms folded... remind you of anyone?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I''d rather the manager was adaptable to the situation and reacted accordingly by shouting advice and instructions from the touch-line, than coming up with a "plan A" and leaving it at that by standing on the touchline for the next 90 minutes chewing gum with their arms folded... remind you of anyone?
[/quote]

It couldnt possibly be.....Nige....nahh... alex ferguson?