Sign in to follow this  
tim howard?

eastwood or earnshaw

id like to see eastwood at city next season hes the same sort of player as earnshaw anad i believe he would definately get us goals hes quick got a good shot and is more importantly a team player unlike earnshaw.if we sold him and bought eastwood we would still have a good 2million to spend who would u rather see at city?

Being greedy, let''s have both [;)]

But where does this leave Chris Martin?

Eastwood and MartinEarnie''s class in front of goal but I think in his absence with Martin, Dublin, Brown etc up front our attacking play has been more fluent, for all Earnie''s goal prowess he cant hold the ball up and loses it on too many occasions, cause of his size, and undoes too many attacks. Martin seems to hold it up well for a young lad, and if he cant get a shot at goal he''ll keep the ball moving and retain possession. Hucks, Martin and Croft have been more effective than Hucks, Earnie and Croft in my opinion. More fluent and increased pressure on the opposition penaltly area. As good as Earnie is if he cant get a shot at goal he''ll lose it and were on the back foot instead of maintaining the pressure. He''s too selfish like that, watch the matches earlier in the season and he''ll go for goal every time whether the shots on or not. Martin''s a more intelligent player, its clear already that he makes the best attacking decision possible, be that a shot or a pass out wide to attack from a different angle. I think we look better in attack without him personally, would like to see a stat of how long the ball stays around the opposition''s box and in our possession with Martin up front as opposed to Earnie. In a 4-3-3 its Martin every time for me, so where does that leave Earnie? Sell him, get £5m and buy Eastwood and a centre back. I beleive Earnie''s value to the club will be best served next season not with getting 25 goals (Martin can do that) but buy getting us the £5m we desperately need to rebuild for a solid title attack next season. Im sure West Ham will pay it.Saying that we''ll just have to see how Martin and Earnie work together next month, might turn out that if we play 4-4-2 and Earnie stays in the box and Martin is the link forward that it might work well. When Earnie comes out of the box and try''s to link play he loses possession to often. Unless we score 3 or 4 every game in the last few games with Martin and Earnie up front I will voting to sell Earnie and get the £5m we''ll need for a new CB, GK and CM to really challenge next season.

Earnie is the best goalscorer in this league, without question. There''s nobody better at putting the ball in the back of the net.

I wouldn''t mind Freddie but not at the expense of Earnie.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Unbelievable!

So now we should sell Earnshaw!

Is this for real?

[/quote]yes it is for flamig real earnshaws to selfish up front and as much as i like the goofy welshman from what ive seen of martin he looks a more team player and will get us goals with the money from earnshaws sale well have enough to buy another class striker and defender!!!

But could it be the better balance in the squad since January has helped made the difference.

Everybody was so against selling Earnshaw before the Jan window. What has happened to change your minds?

Earnshaw is a proven goalscorer at all levels. Is this a case of short memories? Out of sight is out of mind?

I would hate to see this club sell Earnshaw while he still wants to play for us.

eastwood scored his 15th last weekend i think. i remember hearing it on anglia goals or the championship.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But could it be the better balance in the squad since January has helped made the difference.

Everybody was so against selling Earnshaw before the Jan window. What has happened to change your minds?

Earnshaw is a proven goalscorer at all levels. Is this a case of short memories? Out of sight is out of mind?

I would hate to see this club sell Earnshaw while he still wants to play for us.

[/quote]Chris Martin happened......

[quote user="BarclayMan "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Chris Martin happened......
[/quote]

So how does that make Eastwood better than Earnshaw?

Get shot of Earnshaw. Over-rated and contributes little to the overall team. A bit like wearing a tiara down a coal mine.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BarclayMan "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It doesnt Eastwood would be an adequate replacement at half the price, leaving plenty to strengthen the rest of the team.

Personally id like to see Jermaine Beckford here as well as Eastwood, or Billy Sharp. Then we would have Dublin, Martin, Beckford and Eastwood/Sharp. Thats a good enough strike quartet, and hopefully £2-3m left over for another CB and CM

[quote user="BarclayMan "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BarclayMan "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It doesnt Eastwood would be an adequate replacement at half the price, leaving plenty to strengthen the rest of the team.

Personally id like to see Jermaine Beckford here as well as Eastwood, or Billy Sharp. Then we would have Dublin, Martin, Beckford and Eastwood/Sharp. Thats a good enough strike quartet, and hopefully £2-3m left over for another CB and CM

[/quote]

So let me get this right. You want to sell Eanshaw, Brown and Jarvis. Release Thorne and McVeigh. Play Huckerby in midfield and go into the season with Dublin, Martin, Beckford and Eastwood/Sharp.

Good call! [^o)]