Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Anyone else like to see Derby not get promoted?

[quote user="Cluck "]

If a bit of harmless "time wasting" gets Derby up...good luck to them and I''m sure they will spend the multi million pound windfall in a far wiser way than NCFC. I can''t see restaurant facilities being top of their list of priorities somehow....nor prudence seen as the way to progress.

Any team who can build a squad on peanuts and make the big time in 2007 deserves credit....and to hear this whinging makes me understand why we have the public image we have these days.

[/quote]

Cluck,

Whilst I agree with your sentiments about carping on about the Derby game (although I will admit to not seeing it first hand, they do seem to have really wound people up) I think you should have a bit of a closer look at Derby and how they run their club. They have spent quite big over the last year (David Jones, Steve Howard, Stephen Pearson, Jay McEveley, Gary Teale, plus wages on the likes of Bywater) so you definately can''t say they are on a shoestring budget. They are also obviously proud of their restaurant (they describe it as "the most prestigious conference and banqueting facility in the midlands") on their main club website) and seeing as they have their own website for it (www.prideparkstadium.com) I would suggest it is a priority for them.

macdougall''s perm

Cluck,

How do you know? You weren''t even on the same continent when the game was played. You don''t.... its just another opportunity to have a go at our club and everything attached to it....simple as!  

So this was a unique scenario never possibly witnessed before by a "fan" over a period of 40+ years?

It''s what successful teams need to do in order to win....and I''ve seen it a thousand times or more. Quit the whinging and hope our club starts playing such tricks rather than "squeakily" languishing at the foot of a very poor league.....complaining.

Sounds more to me as though you are just assuming the scenario that best fits your argument. And I feel that I am quite justified in moaning about us getting cheated by a very poor ref if this is what I wish to do. Who exactly are you to tell me that I can''t?!

[quote user="Cluck "]

So this was a unique scenario never possibly witnessed before by a "fan" over a period of 40+ years?

It''s what successful teams need to do in order to win....and I''ve seen it a thousand times or more. Quit the whinging and hope our club starts playing such tricks rather than "squeakily" languishing at the foot of a very poor league.....complaining.

[/quote]

To be fair to Cluck here, this is the sort of thing that goes on in practically every Premiership game these days. For those that believe that time wasting and deliberately trying to con the referee are two different things, I disagree. Both offences are dishonest and both are outside the rules of the game, The difference is that one is often described as gamesmanship whilst the other is described as cheating. Sorry but they''re the same thing to me. I''d love it if everybody who played the game played within the rules but until this happens, and with the vast amount of money at stake it never will, people are always going to bend the rules.

The only thing I disagree with Cluck about is that our reluctance to engage in such ''dark arts'' is somehow down to our ''squeaky'' image.

I made my feelings clear on the many threads that popped up after the Derby game demanding that Bywater was reported to the police over his actions. We lost, it was annoying, get over it!

i dont care about Derby, good luck to them... my Gripe is still with Lee Probert! i hope he never referees again!

if we go down we can point to that Derby game as the one that did us i reckon.

jas :)