Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Anyone else like to see Derby not get promoted?

Having quietened down after the Tuesday night defeat, I still feel angry at the way the Derby players were dropping like flies once they took the lead.  Every team tries to run the clock down by keeping the ball in the corner etc, but the pathetic way the Derby players collapsed just to get the ball put out of play was unsporting in my opinion.  I cannot believe their manager applauded their defending in the last 15 minutes when we apparently ''threw the kitchen sink at them''; he should have applauded them for their oscar winning feigning injury performances.  Not only did I feel cheated by the referee, but also by the Derby players themselves.

I was pleased to see them lose to Birmingham last night, and it would be even better if they missed out on automatic promotion and then lost in the play offs. 

It''s a Billy Davies thing. I noticed this with Preston last season. Our game at Deepdale was probably the worst I have ever seen in this league. You can''t argue about the effectiveness of his tactics though and he seems to be quite a hero on these boards. Of course it''s only the results that matter when you watch on the wireless!

I am torn about whether I want them to miss out. Personally I would love to see Preston beat them in the play off final but I would also look forward to not playing a Davies team next season.

HAVING SAT BEHIND THE DERBY GOAL AND TAKE BYWATERS GOAL INTHE SECOND HALF ABUSE I HOPE THEY DONT EVEN MAKE THE PLAY OFFS WHAT A PRAT I WAS THAT CLOSE TO CHUCKING SOMETHING AT HIM!!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s a Billy Davies thing. I noticed this with Preston last season. Our game at Deepdale was probably the worst I have ever seen in this league. You can''t argue about the effectiveness of his tactics though and he seems to be quite a hero on these boards. Of course it''s only the results that matter when you watch on the wireless!

I am torn about whether I want them to miss out. Personally I would love to see Preston beat them in the play off final but I would also look forward to not playing a Davies team next season.

[/quote]What??? Nutty are you actually a NCFC fan or just a fan of football in general, if you were at the game tuesday night the entire Barclay were baying for Davies, the Derby players and the Ref''s blood.....i lost my voice with the amount of expletives levelled at that cheatin B!£$%&D, and the group of Robben''s and Ronaldo''s he''s put together. I hope they miss out, which is unlikely so I hope they get stuffed every week and get treated to some professional cheating from Robben, Ronaldo, Johnson and the like.....

[quote user="BarclayMan "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

What??? Nutty are you actually a NCFC fan or just a fan of football in general, if you were at the game tuesday night the entire Barclay were baying for Davies, the Derby players and the Ref''s blood.....i lost my voice with the amount of expletives levelled at that cheatin B!£$%&D, and the group of Robben''s and Ronaldo''s he''s put together. I hope they miss out, which is unlikely so I hope they get stuffed every week and get treated to some professional cheating from Robben, Ronaldo, Johnson and the like.....
[/quote]

BarclayMan... I was referring to the praise he was getting on this messageboard yesterday.

I am torn about whether they miss out for the reason I gave. I would love to see them miss out, I would love it to be Davies''s old club Preston who deny them, but if they miss out it means we have to suffer more of the same next season.

Am I a Norwich fan? How do you identify a Norwich fan?

Nobody ever questioned it before.

I cheered Birmingham on last night and will cheer every team that plays them to the end of the season except us of course [:D]

I''m still angry about their antics.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BarclayMan "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]What??? Nutty are you actually a NCFC fan or just a fan of football in general, if you were at the game tuesday night the entire Barclay were baying for Davies, the Derby players and the Ref''s blood.....i lost my voice with the amount of expletives levelled at that cheatin B!£$%&D, and the group of Robben''s and Ronaldo''s he''s put together. I hope they miss out, which is unlikely so I hope they get stuffed every week and get treated to some professional cheating from Robben, Ronaldo, Johnson and the like.....[/quote]

BarclayMan... I was referring to the praise he was getting on this messageboard yesterday.

I am torn about whether they miss out for the reason I gave. I would love to see them miss out, I would love it to be Davies''s old club Preston who deny them, but if they miss out it means we have to suffer more of the same next season.

Am I a Norwich fan? How do you identify a Norwich fan?

Nobody ever questioned it before.

[/quote]Errr....somebody who supports Norwich and doesnt post comments singing the praises of a cheating B$%@£&$ manager of a bunch of time wasting unprofessional thieves who stole 3 points off us last tuesday night.Somebody who attends matches on a regular basis....and someone who after a game like tuesday doesnt post on here claiming they love Billy Davies and hope Derby get promoted.You dont sound like either of these..Just a regular football fan in general....

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Couldn''t care less to be honest.. Good Manager.[/quote]

Absolutely agree with you.  We should be more concerned with the piss poor performances our squad produce rather than what Derby get up to.

Did you go to the game on Tuesday because if you did it wasn''t a piss poor performance, we were cheated by a referee and a team who feigned injuries just to run the clock down.  You might not have noticed it but there has been a distinct improvement in the performances since Grant has started to put out his own team.

[quote user="silver fox"]Did you go to the game on Tuesday because if you did it wasn''t a piss poor performance, we were cheated by a referee and a team who feigned injuries just to run the clock down.  You might not have noticed it but there has been a distinct improvement in the performances since Grant has started to put out his own team.[/quote]

Not sure some of the posters on here ever go to games silver fox!

I got a taste of their world yesterday......... Dale Winton on the wing? bet he posts on here too [;)]

Im so glad this thread has been started, I also cheered birmingham on friday night against Derby and hope Derby end up losing in the play offs!! I work with a Derby fan and we had a bet on that game for fun, but i was so furious after the game, he nearly ended up walking home and whistle for the money we had on it. I felt so cheated , Ive hardly spoke to him since. rant over ha ha.

Oh dear, BarclayMan (seriously, with those comments, you should revert to BarclayBoy)... oh dear, oh dear... I live in Manchester and have seen only one game all season... guess I''d better chuck out my Norwich shirts, delete my registration to this site and go and support United...My guess is you don''t read these boards very often, or you at least don''t understand them... if you did you''d realise that NN is one of the most intelligent and interesting posters on here, and is an avid City fan (that''s Norwich, not Manchester) with high passions.  The same as almost everyone on here... I''m guessing one of those descriptions doesn''t apply to you, I''ll leave you to decide which...

[quote user="silver fox"]Did you go to the game on Tuesday because if you did it wasn''t a piss poor performance, we were cheated by a referee and a team who feigned injuries just to run the clock down.  You might not have noticed it but there has been a distinct improvement in the performances since Grant has started to put out his own team.[/quote]

I got a taste of their world yesterday......... Dale Winton on the wing? bet he posts on here too [;)]

[/quote]

Sour grapes and classic whinging syndrome from someone who can''t accept the reality of losing to a better equipped side on the day.

They won....we lost.....and good luck to any team who can get to the top without the vast sums of money this shower of a Board have had to play with.

Had it been NCFC we would have been chuckling about it.....as it is, you cry foul.

I really hope they don''t make it. I''m not a fan and don''t think their play is good enough to warrant going up. It made me so angry watching Bywater and his antics and then seeing their manager and the team come over to the fans and start punching the air at the end of the game - I wonder if they knew how stupid they looked.

I just can''t read all this rubbish without replying.Are you telling me if we were 1-0 up at portman road with 1 minute left you would expect peter grant to hurry our players on when they were taking throw ins or free kicks.Billy davies is a brillant manager he has turned derby from a 17th to 18th in the league team to promotion candidates in 8 months.Its a shame our board couldn''t come up with a gem like that.Time wasting is part of football always has been always will be.please will somebody post back and say they wouldn''t want norwich to do the same in the same postion.(if you do i would have to say that you are not a true norwich fan,a fan of fair play maybe ,but not a true supporter of a club)

This is my opinion on Billy Davies and Derby County.

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/894754/ShowPost.aspx

You my friend have just wound me up beyond belief. Who are you to make comments about whether I am a Norwich Fan.

Seems in truth that you are the part-time Barclay BOY!

[/quote]

Ha ha...nuff said then, got better things to do than argue....not sure about the part time Barclay Boy statement tho....at 30 yrs of age i think ive earned the right to call myself a man....

and part time? Season Ticket Holder...again, nuff said.

Right, time for bed, enough of this bull$&*!

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Sour grapes and classic whinging syndrome from someone who can''t accept the reality of losing to a better equipped side on the day.

They won....we lost.....and good luck to any team who can get to the top without the vast sums of money this shower of a Board have had to play with.

Had it been NCFC we would have been chuckling about it.....as it is, you cry foul.

[/quote]

I know I missed you but I can''t for the life of me work out why this post is aimed at me! Unless it was you that remembered "Winton on the wing"!?

[quote user="jjohnny"]

I just can''t read all this rubbish without replying.Are you telling me if we were 1-0 up at portman road with 1 minute left you would expect peter grant to hurry our players on when they were taking throw ins or free kicks.Billy davies is a brillant manager he has turned derby from a 17th to 18th in the league team to promotion candidates in 8 months.Its a shame our board couldn''t come up with a gem like that.Time wasting is part of football always has been always will be.please will somebody post back and say they wouldn''t want norwich to do the same in the same postion.(if you do i would have to say that you are not a true norwich fan,a fan of fair play maybe ,but not a true supporter of a club)

[/quote] If only you could have read the original post and understand it you might be able to reply better jjohnny.  I accept that keeping the ball in the corner, slowing down throw ins and goal kicks is part of the game, but falling over and feigning injuries is not.  I consider myself to be a true Norwich fan, and a fan of fair play.  Watford employed the time wasting tactics yesterday, but none of their players resorted to collapsing in a heap.  If you think Billy Davies is such a brilliant manager then start supporting Derby and you can watch his oscar winning actors fall over every week.

Hey turn on the TV and watch some premiership games.. Its all part of football now.  You either follow suit or get left behind.  We were so very naive in the premiership, as somone said recently why on earth did we get our pitch relaid!!  Just so the premiership stars could take advantage of a fantastic surface...  We should not be so naive now.

And yes, in 8 months Billy Davies has turned Derby from 18th and falling to promotion candidates, and I''m sure the time wasting tactics (anybody else remember his Preston side were just the same) will no doubt help them if only in a small way in this task.

It wasn''t particularly aimed at you NN...but I fear you are very much one sided in your arguments. Derby won by employing certain skills our club seems to find abhorent....skills which may just have kept us in the Premiership for at least one more season had we not been so "nice" in our approach to the big time.

If a bit of harmless "time wasting" gets Derby up...good luck to them and I''m sure they will spend the multi million pound windfall in a far wiser way than NCFC. I can''t see restaurant facilities being top of their list of priorities somehow....nor prudence seen as the way to progress.

Any team who can build a squad on peanuts and make the big time in 2007 deserves credit....and to hear this whinging makes me understand why we have the public image we have these days.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Hey turn on the TV and watch some premiership games.. Its all part of football now.  You either follow suit or get left behind.  We were so very naive in the premiership, as somone said recently why on earth did we get our pitch relaid!!  Just so the premiership stars could take advantage of a fantastic surface...  We should not be so naive now.

And yes, in 8 months Billy Davies has turned Derby from 18th and falling to promotion candidates, and I''m sure the time wasting tactics (anybody else remember his Preston side were just the same) will no doubt help them if only in a small way in this task.

[/quote]

How many of  you people having a go at me and supporting Billy Davies and his tactics were at the match at Preston last season and witnessed what I was referring to. Yes of course we should run the clock down if we are winning away from home but that is NOT what I and others are referring to on this thread. Time wasting tactics are one thing, conning and cheating are another.

I guess it makes no difference if you remember Dale Winton on the wing!?! [;)]

I am over it, it was a topic of conversation for last week. I am not so over having my support questioned by part time fans on here though!

[quote user="Cluck "]

It wasn''t particularly aimed at you NN...but I fear you are very much one sided in your arguments. Derby won by employing certain skills our club seems to find abhorent....skills which may just have kept us in the Premiership for at least one more season had we not been so "nice" in our approach to the big time.

If a bit of harmless "time wasting" gets Derby up...good luck to them and I''m sure they will spend the multi million pound windfall in a far wiser way than NCFC. I can''t see restaurant facilities being top of their list of priorities somehow....nor prudence seen as the way to progress.

Any team who can build a squad on peanuts and make the big time in 2007 deserves credit....and to hear this whinging makes me understand why we have the public image we have these days.

[/quote]

That''s your opinion and I have to respect it. However, you weren''t at the game so you have no idea what me and other posters were talking about. Just as the people having a go at me weren''t at Preston last season so have no idea what went on there.

You post some interesting things on the pollution thread, EM and others do too. I find it interesting to read and compare but I don''t comment because, I am ashamed to say, I know very little about the subject, only what I am reading on here. Does that ring any bells?

My god what have we become, I am personally totally indifferent as to whether Derby County get promoted or not. I was as angry as anybody with regard to their antics and even more angry (if that is possible) with the inept referee, but its ancient history now and I have got over it.

I tell you what I am concerned about though and that is whether Norwich City retain their Championship status this season (we should be OK but by no means a foregone conclusion) and whether the board back PG next season in his quest to assemble a squad capable of mounting a promotion challenge, and dare I suggest that is what the rest of you should concern yourselves with.

Hey NN do you think hucks ever dives ,if so do you shout "get up you cheat" or do you scream "penalty".A true supporter wants their club to be as sucsessful as possible the tatics used don''t come into question,would you rather watch a winning team playing boring football or a great footballing team in the bottom 8,imho norwich would be more sucsessful if the board had more ambition

It''s not as if it''s Wolves or Ipshit you are basing you opinion on a game they got lucky in.I am sure some Reading fans thought the same of us after we confurmed they would''nt get in the play offs in our championship year,when our goal was teed up nicely by the ref.Personally I have some good friends from the England supporters club that are Derby fans and hope they do get promoted.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

That''s your opinion and I have to respect it. However, you weren''t at the game so you have no idea what me and other posters were talking about. Just as the people having a go at me weren''t at Preston last season so have no idea what went on there.

You post some interesting things on the pollution thread, EM and others do too. I find it interesting to read and compare but I don''t comment because, I am ashamed to say, I know very little about the subject, only what I am reading on here. Does that ring any bells?

Sooooooo.......the time wasting described by others is a unique phenomenon?  It''s been going on for ever and I think "not being at the game" in this instance is a total irrelevence. If City had done it to secure a 2-1 win we would be having a chuckle.....That''s football and lets hope we get a slagging off for doing the self same thing next season when we are pressing for promotion....AND a mega bucks cash injection. It''s all so very important these days.

I''m not aiming anything in particular at you....but you have to "quote" a relevant post on the subject in order for it to make any sense at all.....(though you may question this particular aspect in itself.)      [;)]

[/quote]

Cluck,

How do you know? You weren''t even on the same continent when the game was played. You don''t.... its just another opportunity to have a go at our club and everything attached to it....simple as!