Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

In Praise Of The Board!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ob1"]bye bye then! Don''t bother wasting time closing the door.... not that you won''t be back with some other attention seeking rant within a week.[/quote]

Produce the post, go on, cut and paste it from this thread ob1, or anyone else come to that, where I said I was quitting this message board.......no thought not....................so stop implying that I said Iam!.

[/quote]

Wishful thinking on our part.

[quote user="Big A"]

you KNOW you have said it.  remember, when you starting whining that the Mods here were editing your posts and that the Mods (Peter) were against you.

You ''left'' for about a week then came grovelling back with a thread about how great the mods were.

[/quote]

Big A, Yankee Canary and Branston:

Having trouble reading and understanding my posts on THIS thread again are you?. I clearly said, and have cut and pasted my words below:

Produce the post, go on, cut and paste it from this thread ob1

Big A:

Whilst I agree in  June Last Year!, I did say that. I''m talking about this thread!.

But you knew this. No, you just wanted to score points and corrupt this thread per usual, and in a rush to do so, you forgot to read my post clearly and precisely..............again!

YC & Branson:

Read the first post of this thread again, then come back and show me where I said in it that I''m quitting this message board.

I''m not talking about last year, or two years ago.........BUT THIS THREAD!

YOU CAN''T PRODUCE IT, BECAUSE ITS NOT THERE!

I''m  sorry to talk to you like babies, but all three of you have left me no choice, the issue is this:

On this thread I''ve never said I was quitting this message board. You three are wrong in saying I have, and are trying to use my words from very old posts to prove your case. But this is about now, so stick to that and the subject of this thread....................or show yourselves up as unable to read posts properly...............again!.

I''m simply not prepared, on my thread about the board, to discuss my posting history with the likes of you and let that cloud the real issues.

Others have managed to keep on track in their replies. ......its strange you three can''t.

Hmm?.

I have to say some of your points in this post are well put 1st wizard. I assume so that your points can be addressed by the people you have grievances with you have of course written to the Chairman and the board?

Surely its more constructive to do that.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Being a football fan for me is about supporting the team through the good times and the bad, i realised many years ago as a norwich fan his would probably involve mostly bad. There is nothing any one person could do to take away my enthusiasm for supporting the club no matter how bad it got.
[/quote]

I have been yellow and green mad for more years than I care to remember, through good and bad times. But through all the bad times I always believed football was the reason the club existed, but now under this board that belief has gone when I see football suffering because the so called "off pitch" agenda has taken over. We have flogged the "off pitch" to death so I wont go on but I know where Wiz is coming from.

Just one to watch to show what I mean. Young Martin! with him the NCFC has got a chance to move on and up. All the board has to say is he''s not for sale and of story, it will give us hope for the future......but if he''s sold at the end of the season or next season I like Wiz will give up all hope.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

SHTTA - There is a difference between curbing your enthusiasm for supporting Norwich City and being concerned about the direction the club is going in. When we got promoted to the Prem sound bites such as "onwards and upwards" and "European footaball in 5 years" emanated from the club, now what do we get? "prudence", "prudence", "debt", prudence".

I am not ashamed to say that I love Norwich City FC and have said numerous times that I will only stop going to watch them when it becomes physically impossible for me to do so, regardless of what league they are playing in (If you ask Yankee Canary nicely I am sure he can dredge up such a post as he is soooo clever) that said it does not stop me being concerned about the direction the club is moving in.

What is scary is that if you make an "ill informed", negative comment on this board you get jumped on but if somebody makes an "ill informed", positive comment it tends to pass by with hardly a murmur, the classic case is the poster that replied to this thread and states that the hotel will bring in more money than an infill, it may be true, be the poster offers absolutely no evidence to back this up.

I am finding it difficult to muster up the enthusiasm as we do seem to take a step forwards then a step and a half back. Too many "we were awfuls" still coming out- I would have thought we would be past that by now but somewhow despite a couple of good wins and a brave performance against Derby it all goes pear shaped too quickly.

But for me its not about walking away, NCFC will always be in my blood, but about the level of commitment I make. Right now I can''t see the level of commitment from the board in terms of investment and plain old simple common sense that I make to go to any home match which involves too much of my money and too much of my time on a regular basis.

I still haven''t renewed my season ticket- I cannot really afford it anymore with the price of fuel etc but I make the effort because its been worth it. Now maybe I''ll use the money instead to take the family on holiday and catch the odd game there and then when I can.

Its bloomin frustrating, but that''s what this game is all about. Times like this make the highs even higher and the joy unbridled when a success is achieved. We HAVE to have the lows to genuinely appreciate those moments. Its not great at the moment at all, but I will only judge in the summer once we see what sort of warchest is made available to PG. They have one more chance or we may well become a Stoke and be consigned to this division in perpetuity. Prudence can no longer be trotted out as an excuse for lack of investment.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

I still haven''t renewed my season ticket- I cannot really afford it anymore with the price of fuel etc but I make the effort because its been worth it. Now maybe I''ll use the money instead to take the family on holiday and catch the odd game there and then when I can.

[/quote]

Now I''ve calmed down a tad Tumbleweed, your above quote sums me up too. And I don''t want to change, or alter the nature of this thread too much, but there is now a strong rumour regarding Manure taking an interest in young Martin.

If that did happen, you just know which way our board will jump, thats right, sell sell sell!.

And that my friend, is the reason for this thread. 

Now I''ve calmed down a tad Tumbleweed, your above quote sums me up too. And I don''t want to change, or alter the nature of this thread too much, but there is now a strong rumour regarding Manure taking an interest in young Martin.

[/quote]Strong rumour?It was in the Daily bloody Star!I''d have paid more attention if it had been in Viz to be perfectly honest.

I agree, I have also lost the passion and I too am going to walk away from the club I have supported since I was a boy.

I have been a fan for 20 years, I haven''t missed a home game in 5.  Now I am just sick and tired of going to watch the rubbish football served up and the increasing costs associated with doing so.  I have decided not to re-new my season ticket, and, as much as it suprises me I really am not that bothered.  I don''t think I will miss it at all.

However, I will still go to the odd game as a casual fan, I will still watch Norwich when they are on the TV, I will still listen to the games on Radio Norfolk and I will still tell people I am a Norwich City fan when they ask what team I support.

Football in general is the problem.  I don''t blame Delia, Peter Grant or even Nigel Worthington.  Football below the top 4 is on a sad decline.  The stakes are too high, there is too much to lose, too much money at stake.  No one gambles any more.  How many teams actually go out on the pitch with the intention of winning the game.  None probably, they all go out with one thing in mind, and that is to firstly avoid defeat.  That is the problem with the game today.

Smudger, what do you think an open cheque book will do? Guarantee success?  Get real.  Does anyone honestly believe that we had success under Robert Chase, what did we win? 1 league cup, woooooooo!!!  Look at the stats for the last 10 years, look at how many times a major trophy has gone to a club outside of the top 4.  It doesn''t happen.  There is nothing to play for, nothing to win.  How can anybody be passionate about that.

Oh, and finally Smudger....Newcastle United are backed by 52,000 fans every week, have spent millions on players, have they won anything lately? Everton 38,000, Wolves 25,000, Aston Villa 35,000, the list goes on & on.  It doesn''t matter how many fans you have or how much money you spend there is nothing to play for, nothing.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Strong rumour?
It was in the Daily bloody Star!

[/quote]

And it was also on  Sky Sports News and the Pink Un too Herb.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

What is scary is that if you make an "ill informed", negative comment on this board you get jumped on but if somebody makes an "ill informed", positive comment it tends to pass by with hardly a murmur, the classic case is the poster that replied to this thread and states that the hotel will bring in more money than an infill, it may be true, be the poster offers absolutely no evidence to back this up.

[/quote]

Quite.  Let''s get our facts straight shall we?  According to David Cuffley (EEN 1st October 2005) the club has a 30% share in the hotel.  That does NOT mean we will get 30% of the profits.  It means that IF the hotel is successful and the share price rises we will in theory make money that way.  It is NOT going to raise an annual income.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

I do care desperately about what''s happening to our club, but I''ve had to walk away because it upsets me so much and there''s not a damn thing I can do about it. 

[/quote]

I''ve walked away as a spectator...but not as an enthusiast of the club which was. It sickens me to see what has been allowed to happen to NCFC....and as things stand it is now more of a burden to me than a joy. As Mystic says...there is little we can do about it until something drastic occurs....but when it does change (and it will) I''ll be back to support the club in every way I can. I''m sure that goes for many other disillusioned fan''s...including Wizard who simply says it how it is.

League 2 or wherever I don''t care...as long it is a football club once more...and not simply a patisserie for a tv cook on an ego trip.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

I agree, I have also lost the passion and I too am going to walk away from the club I have supported since I was a boy.

I have been a fan for 20 years, I haven''t missed a home game in 5.  Now I am just sick and tired of going to watch the rubbish football served up and the increasing costs associated with doing so.  I have decided not to re-new my season ticket, and, as much as it suprises me I really am not that bothered.  I don''t think I will miss it at all.

However, I will still go to the odd game as a casual fan, I will still watch Norwich when they are on the TV, I will still listen to the games on Radio Norfolk and I will still tell people I am a Norwich City fan when they ask what team I support.

Football in general is the problem.  I don''t blame Delia, Peter Grant or even Nigel Worthington.  Football below the top 4 is on a sad decline.  The stakes are too high, there is too much to lose, too much money at stake.  No one gambles any more.  How many teams actually go out on the pitch with the intention of winning the game.  None probably, they all go out with one thing in mind, and that is to firstly avoid defeat.  That is the problem with the game today.

Smudger, what do you think an open cheque book will do? Guarantee success?  Get real.  Does anyone honestly believe that we had success under Robert Chase, what did we win? 1 league cup, woooooooo!!!  Look at the stats for the last 10 years, look at how many times a major trophy has gone to a club outside of the top 4.  It doesn''t happen.  There is nothing to play for, nothing to win.  How can anybody be passionate about that.

Oh, and finally Smudger....Newcastle United are backed by 52,000 fans every week, have spent millions on players, have they won anything lately? Everton 38,000, Wolves 25,000, Aston Villa 35,000, the list goes on & on.  It doesn''t matter how many fans you have or how much money you spend there is nothing to play for, nothing.

[/quote]

I find myself agreeing with pretty much everything you say here Jimmy. I gave up my season ticket last year and although a large part of that decision was down to family matters, the anger that a club of our size will never be able to compete in the top flight again also played a part. I''ve still managed to get to about 50% of our home games this season and still care about our club but the state of football in this country has drained a lot of the enthusiasm from me. What motivation is there to get promeoted really? For a long time our board talked of the Charlton model and realistically speaking this was the highest we could aim for. Sorry but that doesn''t exactly excite me, scarmbling around for 40 points each season before inevitably easing off and finishing in mid table mediocrity.

Football has a huge problem in this country in that the Premiership is no longer competitive. Pundits are making a big thing about Man Utd possibly winning the title this year and breaking Chelsea''s dominance but what does that prove? That one team who can afford to spend millions and millions on players might pip another team who can also afford to spend millions and millions. It''s hardly a cause for celebration is it, hardly a case of of David beating Goliath.

In a month or so time we may well see three English teams in the semi-finals of the Champions League and the usual pundits will be queuing up to tell us how this shows the strength of the Premiership. Meanwhile, the likes of Jimmy500 and I will be lamenting the loss of an unpredictable English top flight where Nottingham Forest, Derby and Aston Villa could be crowned champions and Wimbledon, Watford and yes, Norwich could compete with the big boys. Now who''s right do you think?

And it was also on  Sky Sports News and the Pink Un too Herb.

[/quote]Sky =  Murdoch...wouldn''t wipe my backside on one of his papers, I doubt his TV channels are any better.Pinkun = quoting the Daily Star, when was the last time you saw a transfer story in the Pinkun that wasn''t quoting someone else?

[quote user="Big A"]

you KNOW you have said it.  remember, when you starting whining that the Mods here were editing your posts and that the Mods (Peter) were against you.You ''left'' for about a week then came grovelling back with a thread about how great the mods were.[/quote]

Big A, Yankee Canary and Branston:

Having trouble reading and understanding my posts on THIS thread again are you?. I clearly said, and have cut and pasted my words below:

Produce the post, go on, cut and paste it from this thread ob1

Big A:

Whilst I agree in  June Last Year!, I did say that. I''m talking about this thread!.

But you knew this. No, you just wanted to score points and corrupt this thread per usual, and in a rush to do so, you forgot to read my post clearly and precisely..............again!

YC & Branson:

Read the first post of this thread again, then come back and show me where I said in it that I''m quitting this message board.

I''m not talking about last year, or two years ago.........BUT THIS THREAD!

YOU CAN''T PRODUCE IT, BECAUSE ITS NOT THERE!

I''m  sorry to talk to you like babies, but all three of you have left me no choice, the issue is this:

On this thread I''ve never said I was quitting this message board. You three are wrong in saying I have, and are trying to use my words from very old posts to prove your case. But this is about now, so stick to that and the subject of this thread....................or show yourselves up as unable to read posts properly...............again!.

I''m simply not prepared, on my thread about the board, to discuss my posting history with the likes of you and let that cloud the real issues.

Others have managed to keep on track in their replies. ......its strange you three can''t.

Hmm?.

[/quote]Delusional!No need to talk to me like a baby, if there is one thing you have learnt by now it is that I can discredit you and your opinions perfectly well with articulate conversation.  It astounds me that you call us babies and yet are not man enough yourself to stand by what you said only  8 MONTHS ago!!  Stand up and be a man for god sakes!!!! or do  you now admit that your opinions hold no weight and are ill-informed?!?!?!?  If you want to nitpick on each individual word then that is fine but i''m here to discuss the real issue here and that is your behaviour.  I''d also like to mention that my last post was edited to remove quotes from Peter Raven, it is a shame that they were removed, i''m sure you would have loved reading them!  Although I don''t respect your viewpoints I used to at least respect your consistency, Now you don''t even have that.  The only consistent thing about you now is your decline!

I''m somewhat bemused to have been included in Wiz''s response above, as I made no suggestion that he was threatening to leave this board in his current posting, as I don''t think he did.  He has done several times in the past, which is all I said, but at the end of the what he does is completely up to him. Perhaps he could actually read posts before responding to them?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Perhaps he could actually read posts before responding to them?

[/quote]See I was with you up ''till then....now you''re just being silly (or hopelessly patient and optimistic)[:P]

[quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]I do not believe that modern day football (ie - post war football) has ever been any different Jimmy...

You always have had 2, 3 or 4 clubs that could outbid everybody else when it comes to purchasing players...  

Money does not guarantee success however....

Have we really had to wait that long for a club to break the monopoly?  Who would of seen Chelsea dominating English football say 10 years ago?  What about Blackburn winning the league title?

Did Nottingham Forest not have a lot of money to spend?  I seem to remember that Forest were the first ever English club to spend £1million on a player when they brought Trevor Francis in 1979.

You obviously need some money to build a successful team but it can be done by a great manager building up a team or an empire even in the case of Busby and Shankly.

Football will always be dominated by a select few teams.  Does that mean that the rest of the football league should not apsire to challenging them?

I think that the image the media paints of how the Sky money has totally change English football is absolute c**p.

The fact that the majority of fans are happy to buy in to this media image is a very large part of why there may be an increasing gap between the haves and have not''s.  The have not''s no longer aspire to challenging teams at the top...

They are happy to push excuse after excuse their supporters way of why they can''t compete and we need look no futher than Delia for a prime example of this...  She tells us that we should be happy with mid-table Championship football and we lap it down and clap like a seal that has just been fed a nice big fish!!!

It would be quite interesting to see just which clubs have been in the top 4 over the last 5 years (anyone other than Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool) and compare that to any period in the early 90s say before the Sky money had had much impact. I am not sure where to  find that info, but if anyone can then it might inform this speculation.

However, philosophically it feels right that the Prem teams seem to be able to buy their way out of trouble (Middlesbro anyone- they used to be rubbish but got promoted at the right time and seem stuck there now) and only poor or mismanagement seems to result in a so-called established side slipping into genuine danger.

I feel it would be nice to have a more vocal and obviously determined Board- even the occasional rallying cry would be good. But they do just seem to sit there and allow things to trundle on. I fully understand why some people call for change and vent their frustration, its not my view that a change there would do much good (in fact I think it could make things a lot worse), but I do get where they are coming from. However the odd bad or good result here and there shouldn''t sway us- we need to look at the long term.

My goodness if I ranted and protested every time I came away from Carrow Road thoroughly p****d off then (a) I''d be dead of a heart attack or (b) in prison or (c) supporting some other bunch of slackers. But no, after 48 hours I calm down, shrug my shoulders and drive for 4 hours spending another £50 of my hard earned cash. I guess I just try to look at that long term situation and not let my emotions run riot.

But then, I am a vulcan.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Being a football fan for me is about supporting the team through the good times and the bad, i realised many years ago as a norwich fan his would probably involve mostly bad. There is nothing any one person could do to take away my enthusiasm for supporting the club no matter how bad it got.
[/quote]

And when exactly was that???????

Certainly it could not have dawned on you between 1958 and 1995

OTBC

Smudger, in reply....

Blackburn won the league 12 years ago, it cost them in the region of £50 million, an absolute fortune back then.  Chelsea have only stepped up to the plate because of their billionaire owner, £300+ million spent.  Nottingham Forest 1979 is completely irrelevant.

Post war football hasn''t always been so predictable.  If you look from 1997 back you will see loads of different teams in the mixer.  Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Manchester City, Nottingham Forest, Wimbledon, Everton, Derby County, Tottenham, Norwich City, Newcastle United.  All capable of winning things.  The FA cup was exciting, who would be the next giant killers, who would win it.  The league cup was even exciting.  (I agree that the league has always been a little predictable) I point you to the Newcastle United ethos under Keegan, we will score more than you......The point I am fuddling to make is that football is not as entertaining as it used to be.  It is boring and predictable, 4-5-1 has killed the entertaining side of football.

It is irrelevant to go back in time and harp on about yesterday, football today is boring, right up to the international team.......... 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Being a football fan for me is about supporting the team through the good times and the bad, i realised many years ago as a norwich fan his would probably involve mostly bad. There is nothing any one person could do to take away my enthusiasm for supporting the club no matter how bad it got. [/quote]

And when exactly was that???????

Certainly it could not have dawned on you between 1958 and 1995

OTBC

[/quote]I''m only young, i only started following city in the early 90''s and coming from a family that wasn''t into football i never really went to any matches until i was old enough to go on my own around 96. Not really a good time for city i think you will agree.

I have been a sad statto and looked up the stats, Smudger, as I really do think that many fans should be venting their frustrations at the FA rather than our current board. I don''t think the current board are entirely blameless for our current predicament, but the modern game IS uncompetitive compared to previous decades and it IS all about the money.

Below are the figures that show how many teams managed to attain a top 4 place by decade, and how many different champions there were by decade.

1960s   - 15 teams attain top 4 finish, 7 different champions
1970s   - 14 teams attain top 4 finish, 5 different champions
1980s   - 13 teams attain top 4 finish, 4 different champions
1990s   - 12 teams attain top 4 finish, 4 different champions
2000s   -  7 teams attain top 4 finish, 3 different champions
last 10 years  -  7 teams attain top 4 finish, 3 different champions

Recently, the league has been dominated by Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool. Out of the teams to also get up there, Leeds have been financially crippled by the effort and Newcastle have had to seriously haul in the spending.

Also, whilst Notts Forest did have good money to spend I don''t think they had anything like the funds that say Liverpool enjoyed in that era. Going back through the stats you see that Derby was right up there just before Forest were, come on it was Clough who achieved it and not on the back of a huge bankroll such as Chelsea are enjoying. Man U have had to up their spending considerably to compete with the Chelsea billions, and Liverpool have had to sell out to the USA to get funds to enable them to compete for the champions spot. Arsenal have spent nothing like the other clubs, but still have buying power well above what we can afford.

Its not ''media crap'' that the Sky money has changed the game, its fact. Whilst some teams have always dominated (they were richer because of larger grounds therefore larger gate receipts) the gap is many times bigger these days since the sky money has been in. And as of next season the gap just gets bigger...

There have been some brilliant replies to this thread , whilst some others have just been petty, personal, vindictive and wildly off subject!, but thats message board life for you I guess!.

I see its branched out now to include a much wider spectrum of arguements, which, whilst interesting in itself, is drifting away from my original point, which in case you''ve forgotten, the NCFC board and its obsession with  prudence over ambtion.

Smudger & Cluck, whether we like it or not, have been right all along in my opinion, we are in a mess!, and all because of this board. I accuse them, in particular Delia Smith, of miss-management, appointing the wrong manager, and worshiping the God called Prudence.

And all this takes precident to ambition.

Can we please just stick to that debate?, otherwse, they get off  Scott f ree..............hmm?...............maybe thats the plan.

Branston:

My apologies for wrongly having a dig at you, sorry for the slipup.

There have been some brilliant replies to this thread , whilst some others have just been petty, personal, vindictive and wildly off subject!, but thats message board life for you I guess!.

I see its branched out now to include a much wider spectrum of arguements, which, whilst interesting in itself, is drifting away from my original point, which in case you''ve forgotten, the NCFC board and its obsession with  prudence over ambtion.

Smudger & Cluck, whether we like it or not, have been right all along in my opinion, we are in a mess!, and all because of this board. I accuse them, in particular Delia Smith, of miss-management, appointing the wrong manager, and worshiping the God called Prudence.

And all this takes precident to ambition.

Can we please just stick to that debate?, otherwse, they get off  Scott f ree..............hmm?...............maybe thats the plan.

Branston:

My apologies for wrongly having a dig at you, sorry for the slipup.

[/quote]

1st Wizard, your points you made in your original post are very well founded. But have you put the same points in a letter to the board? You may feel that they will go un-noticed and a nice cosy letter will be sent back. But if all people took the same effort and time to construct a sensible well founded argument to the board, they may take notice. Just a thought.

Sory 1st Wiz but what is the original point of this thread? It starts with a diatribe against the board and Delia in particular, and makes a point about selling off our best players, but no clue as to who. Is it Martin, based on a rumour in the Sunday Tabloids? Is it Earnshaw, who you said would get sold in January?

You then talk about the decision to build a hotel instead of an extra 3,000 seats, but this has been debated before so many times. Doesn''t the club need the extra income, and won''t it get more from the hotel than it would the seats, and for less of an initial outlay? Yes its sad that the club think along these ways, but isn''t this because of the rediculous wages and transfer fees that you have to pay these days to try and compete? Don''t all clubs think like this now days?

You say the debt has gone up again, I missed that story, can you provide a link?

Was it because we lost away to Cardiff, a team in the top 6? A team which is enjoying massive investment recently?

I''m not trying to be rude here, but what point are you trying to get a debate going with?

[quote user="Putney Canary"]

Is it Earnshaw, who you said would get sold in January?

I''m not trying to be rude here, but what point are you trying to get a debate going with?

[/quote]

Okay Putney, fair point, so I''ll go over it again!.

Most City fans expected, myself include, that Earnie would have been sold in January, but for his serious injury.

Its my opinion, that this would have funded transfers in that window, when this transfer didn''t happen, the board backed their new manager with just 60 bloody grand!!.

And no, like thousands, I don''t know where the money''s gone either!.

Their prudence policy rules all judgements at Carrow Road now. From hireing a cheap, untried and untested manager to buying cheap, crap players (Brown Fozzy etc)

Our board are ruining us as a football club, it''ll soon be better known as a resturant run by Delia Smith and a hotel stuck on the corner!.

I''m fed up with her ''little old Norwich'' mantra, do you ever hear Karen Brady say that about Brum?. No!. Smith and Jones have to go, until that glorious day, nothing will change.

Now, I wonder if  Smudger and Cluck will allow me back in their gang?.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Putney Canary"]

Is it Earnshaw, who you said would get sold in January?

[/quote]

Okay Putney, fair point, so I''ll go over it again!.

Most City fans expected, myself include, that Earnie would have been sold in January, but for his serious injury.

Its my opinion, that this would have funded transfers in that window, when this transfer didn''t happen, the board backed their new manager with just 60 bloody grand!!.

And no, like thousands, I don''t know where the money''s gone either!.

Their prudence policy rules all judgements at Carrow Road now. From hireing a cheap, untried and untested manager to buying cheap, crap players (Brown Fozzy etc)

Our board are ruining us as a football club, it''ll soon be better known as a resturant run by Delia Smith and a hotel stuck on the corner!.

I''m fed up with her ''little old Norwich'' mantra, do you ever hear Karen Brady say that about Brum?. No!. Smith and Jones have to go, until that glorious day, nothing will change.

Now, I wonder if  Smudger and Cluck will allow me back in their gang?.

[/quote]Chadwick cost  £220,000 & Lapping £60,000 not sure how much Brown cost as well as fees for Marshall''s loan. Still not mega money but saying it was only £60,000 is inaccuare.

Wizard,

Dont get me wrong, I partially agree that the club is in limbo at the minute, but I have had this opinion for a while, whereas you seem to change your mind about the club on a weekly basis. Smudger is consistant with what he says.