Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

In Praise Of The Board!.

Congratulations to Delia et al!.

After 50 plus years of active support of  NCFC, you have finally killed my love of footy. With your damn prudence, prudence and yet more ruddy prudence, I went out sightseeing around Norfolk yesterday, rather than have anything to do involving NCFC.

You and your fellow croonies have all but destroyed my enthusiasim for the game , and although I never agreed with your ''safe option'' appointment of an untested manager, I expected you to at least back him with hard cash in January.......... . and what did we get?

Yes, no doubt, I''ll becalled a glory hunter or fairweather fan on here by supporters who don''t really know what ''hard times'' at Carrow Road are all about. And this is the sad thing....................I no longer care!, and why should I?.

Why should I continue to get upset every game?, or feel angry about our superb fans being taken for a ride when our best players are flogged off, only for us to be told later that the money been already been budgeted for!.

I''m totally sick of that old chestnut!.

And it seems to me that the board has more concern for a bloody hotel than 3.000 more fans in the ground, thats not football, thats asset stripping, and sheer ignorance!!

Well to hell with it Smith and friends, you don''t deserve the fans support anymore.

Although I personally am still against demostrations (untill we''re safe!) at any other club you would have been run out of office by now, its a crying shame that sometimes our fans are just too damn nice.

So, congratulations again, I''m sure you''re proud of yourself!.

PS. I see the debt has increased.......  again!.

i heard stephen fry was spotted talking to delia smith in the wallpaper section in homebase on thursday so you might get a takeover by mr fry, blackadder baldrick and captain darling.

Well if you people no longer care then good riddance!

But why post it on here?

When I no longer care about something I walk away from it.

Some posters on her are always moaning.

Right, ok Wiz. So two wins (both against bottom six sides), and you''re writing some positive stuff; and two defeats (both against top six sides), and you''re back to the old rubbish, are you? As I''ve said before: no backbone. Indeed, if our board have as little backbone as you clearly do, then it''d really be time to worry.

We are where we are: we all know the reasons why, but what on earth is to be gained by constantly going over them over and over again? The rebuilding process will be painful and slow - for 95% of football clubs up and down the land, that''s the reality. But since the turn of the year, most of us have seen plenty of reasons for encouragement, and that a new Norwich City is slowly taking shape. It''ll just take time, that''s all - and top eight/top ten next year followed by the play-offs the following year is what I''m talking about. Anything more just isn''t realistic.

And as I''ve said before: you got any alternatives you can mention who want to take over, Wiz? There is no alternative, is there - so unless we really were up the creek (and I''m talking Leeds or QPR here), then criticism is warranted; but continual flogging of those in charge about the past simply is not.

Wiz, I might not agree with everything within your post, but, for me, after almost 30 years, for the first time in a long time, I''m struggling to find the enthusiasm to go to some games this season.

What hacks me off is the fact that we''re probably paying higher wages to this squad than ever before, yet the dross we regularly get served up with beggers belief. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But why post it on here?

[/quote]

Instead of being such a smart Alec, give us some reasons why we should care, its not nice after 40 yrs you get this feeling, its like going through a divorce its mixed emotions, but this board are the pits while they are there i can only see mediocrity. I post i here to find out who is the biggest smart Alec, i mean something else beginning with A really, but there is kids on here, you win by a mile.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

After 50 plus years of active support of  NCFC, you have finally killed my love of footy. With your damn prudence, prudence and yet more ruddy prudence, I went out sightseeing around Norfolk yesterday, rather than have anything to do involving NCFC.

You and your fellow croonies have all but destroyed my enthusiasim for the game , and although I never agreed with your ''safe option'' appointment of an untested manager, I expected you to at least back him with hard cash in January.......... . and what did we get?

Yes, no doubt, I''ll becalled a glory hunter or fairweather fan on here by supporters who don''t really know what ''hard times'' at Carrow Road are all about. And this is the sad thing....................I no longer care!, and why should I?.

Why should I continue to get upset every game?, or feel angry about our superb fans being taken for a ride when our best players are flogged off, only for us to be told later that the money been already been budgeted for!.

And it seems to me that the board has more concern for a bloody hotel than 3.000 more fans in the ground, thats not football, thats asset stripping, and sheer ignorance!!

Well to hell with it Smith and friends, you don''t deserve the fans support anymore.

Although I personally am still against demostrations (untill we''re safe!) at any other club you would have been run out of office by now, its a crying shame that sometimes our fans are just too damn nice.

[/quote]The Wizard has left the building!!!!A Truly great achievement by the board if true.Somehow i doubt it though.  Whatever thread will he rehash next????!?!?!?!?!Seriously though, why don''t you just do us all a favour.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

But why post it on here?

[/quote]

Instead of being such a smart Alec, give us some reasons why we should care, its not nice after 40 yrs you get this feeling, its like going through a divorce its mixed emotions, but this board are the pits while they are there i can only see mediocrity. I post i here to find out who is the biggest smart Alec, i mean something else beginning with A really, but there is kids on here, you win by a mile.

[/quote]

Why should I give you reasons why you should care when I made it plain it doesn''t bother me if you care or not.

You can take your 40 years and I''ll match it. You can bring on the petty insults and I''ll match them too. Or you can come on here and debate our football club passionately and I''ll happily share my point of view with you too.

There''s no debate or exchange of views in posts saying you don''t care anymore so what replies did you seriously expect to get?

Big A & Nutty Nigel:

Predictable replies from you both, so no change there.

And I posted it here..................because I could!.

This has nothing to do with results, good or bad, its all about City fans happily settling for second best and condeming a fan who wants a little more than that.

Oh, I forgot, after 50 years following MY lads inyellow and green, according to some on here,  I must now go and support Chelski.

Hmm?, maybe Smudger & Cluck had it right after all!.

And thats terrifying!.

Don''t worry Wiz... they will all miss you if you were to disappear because this messageboard would becom as stale and lifeless as the club as itself over the last couple of years.

WE WILL BE IN ANOTHER RELEGATION FIGHT AGAIN NEXT YEAR UNLESS BIG CHANGES ARE MADE IN THE BOARDROOM AND COLD HARD CASH IS PUT ON THE TABLE FOR GRANTY TO STRENGTHEN THE POOR EXCUSE FOR A SQUAD WE HAVE.

Oh, I forgot, after 50 years following MY lads inyellow and green, according to some on here,  I must now go and support Chelski.

[/quote]

As you said - you don''t care anymore - bye bye then! Don''t bother wasting time closing the door.... not that you won''t be back with some other attention seeking rant within a week.

Cheers Smudger, but I never threatened to quit this message board. . . .well, I don''t think I did. THEY would just love that, wouldn''t they?. You of all people know where I''m coming from.

I will try to still back Grant on here, even though I''m far from convinced about him. But as to anymore Carrow Road visits this season................Hmm?.....................thats going to take some thinking about.

At the moment mate, I''m totally fed up with it all......................and I know who''s caused it.

I do wish she had stuck to TV and cooking!.

Valid points or not but I was fortunate enough to get a ticket for the Postponed Luton game and also went to Barnsley. They were the best two days I have had for ages and I saw Delia going into the ground at Barnsley and then walking past the car park some considerable time after the game ( yes I was the last one to leave the car park ) and for whatever reason I felt a sense of pride that Delia is the man !!! At the end of the day as long as we have a football club I will support it come what may, I''ll leave all the complex arguments to others!!

Cheers Smudger, but I never threatened to quit this message board. . . .well, I don''t think I did. THEY would just love that, wouldn''t they?. You of all people know where I''m coming from.

I will try to still back Grant on here, even though I''m far from convinced about him. But as to anymore Carrow Road visits this season................Hmm?.....................thats going to take some thinking about.

At the moment mate, I''m totally fed up with it all......................and I know who''s caused it.

I do wish she had stuck to TV and cooking!.

[/quote]

I do, I do.... That is exactly the way that she has made me feel about our club for the last year and a half.

Why is that?  No matter how bad things got under Chase he never made me feel as bad about the football club I have supported since I was kne high as this lot have!!!

The people who claim that at least we still have our heart and soul under Delia don''t half make me laugh.

I have rarely seen so many long standing fans of a football club turn their back on a club in such a short space of time!!!

The thing is though Wiz... no matter how much we may want to... we can never stop caring can we???

I WILL BE BACK THE DAY THAT DELIA HAS GONE or THE DAY THAT PROPER INVESTMENT IS MADE IN TO A TEAM THAT IS BACKED BY APPROX 23,000 fans every week!!!

[/quote]

Yes Wiz , after 51 yrs of my support,  what is your point ? What are you trying to say , your post has gone over my head .

[quote user="ob1"]bye bye then! Don''t bother wasting time closing the door.... not that you won''t be back with some other attention seeking rant within a week.[/quote]

Produce the post, go on, cut and paste it from this thread ob1, or anyone else come to that, where I said I was quitting this message board.......no thought not....................so stop implying that I said Iam!.

After 50 years as a supporter, in saddenes me to agree with you. But a new investor is needed before we can rid our club of the Smith regime! Any offers??

This is all rather melodramatic, but to be honest no more or less than we''ve come to expect....it is: we should back all and sundry one minute, anti them the next; or I''m not posting on here ever again one minute and back again the next, ever since I first posted on here...

so you don''t realize that simply for the club to survive, we need to make money from off the field activities. the hotel will make MORE money than an in fill, and with a 9 million quid wage bill it is essential. the restaurant, pop concerts, travel agents, hotel etc etc all make money direct for the club which in turn allows NCFC to keep the price of season tickets down. wouls anyone want to pay an extra £100 quid a season, i wouldn''t.

oh and if you have had enough don''t post and don''t go to the games, and miss a trip to wembley next season

CTID

[quote user="ob1"]bye bye then! Don''t bother wasting time closing the door.... not that you won''t be back with some other attention seeking rant within a week.[/quote]

Produce the post, go on, cut and paste it from this thread ob1, or anyone else come to that, where I said I was quitting this message board.......no thought not....................so stop implying that I said Iam!.

[/quote]

Anyone else you say Wizard? As you already know I can produce those kinds of inputs from posters like you while I''m sleeping. With respect to this particular threat and have you ever stated it.....YES...YES and Bloody Yes!!!!

Will I produce it for you....come on, get serious will you. I stopped doing the simple things in kindergarten. Give me a real challenge, please.

I do care desperately about what''s happening to our club, but I''ve had to walk away because it upsets me so much and there''s not a damn thing I can do about it. 

[/quote]

you KNOW you have said it.  remember, when you starting whining that the Mods here were editing your posts and that the Mods (Peter) were against you.

You ''left'' for about a week then came grovelling back with a thread about how great the mods were.

Pretty pathetic huh!

[/quote]

thread 1

Why I''m leaving, and others already have http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/705336/ShowPost.aspx

and some 2 weeks later........

Top moderating by the Mods. http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/714174/ShowPost.aspx

Being a football fan for me is about supporting the team through the good times and the bad, i realised many years ago as a norwich fan his would probably involve mostly bad. There is nothing any one person could do to take away my enthusiasm for supporting the club no matter how bad it got.