Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Earnie's Hummer

According to the Pinkun this morning, Earnie drives a two meter high Hummer around the streets of Norwich...He''s about 2 feet tall, does he really need such a large vehicle? And think of the environmental impact on our fair City, all at a time when the club is attempting to go green... maybe they should sort their playing staff out!Or maybe he''s just compensating by having such a large car... [:#]

I don''t think anybody can justify the need of such a vehicle and it''s not just hummers it all uneccessary 4x4''s unless your a farmer or live in some remote middle of nowhere I don''t see any reason why you would need one. Personally I''m dissapointed in Earnie it''s a very selfish car to own and I thought he was a better person than that but it seems all spoilt footballers are just the same.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]I don''t think anybody can justify the need of such a vehicle and it''s not just hummers it all uneccessary 4x4''s unless your a farmer or live in some remote middle of nowhere I don''t see any reason why you would need one. Personally I''m dissapointed in Earnie it''s a very selfish car to own and I thought he was a better person than that but it seems all spoilt footballers are just the same.
[/quote]

So, he bought a nice car? Alot of rich people (not just footballers) will buy the nicest possible car which they like - He like the car, he buys it.

Stop making such a huge point just because he''s a footballer - doesnt matter in my books

hogesar.

I can justify such a vehicle in the fact that

1) My children are extremely safe inside.

2) We only use 2 vehicles for sunday league away matches now instead of 4 or 5,thus helping the enviroment.

3) The emissions on my vehicle are better than most smokey jo mondoe''s.

4) Im happily trugging along when the whole county is at a standstill when we have 1cm of snow.

5) It''s great when looking down at the woman overtaking you especially if wearing a low cut top!

6) I never have to go on a grass verge  because the oncoming car always pulls over first.

[quote user="hogesar"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]I don''t think anybody can justify the need of such a vehicle and it''s not just hummers it all uneccessary 4x4''s unless your a farmer or live in some remote middle of nowhere I don''t see any reason why you would need one. Personally I''m dissapointed in Earnie it''s a very selfish car to own and I thought he was a better person than that but it seems all spoilt footballers are just the same.[/quote]

So, he bought a nice car? Alot of rich people (not just footballers) will buy the nicest possible car which they like - He like the car, he buys it.

Stop making such a huge point just because he''s a footballer - doesnt matter in my books

hogesar.

[/quote]Perhaps you''ve misunderstood the point, Hogesar... it''s not a question of whether or not Earnie buys a "nice" car, the problem is that these vehicles, more than many other "nice" cars, are extreme pollutants and we all have a responsibility to start cutting back on these kind of things, especially now the club is making so much noise about being green... I''m sure Earnie could live without the Hummer, as could everyone living within a city...

Two sheds how does you wearing a low cut top help when looking down on women overtaking you?

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

I can justify such a vehicle in the fact that

1) My children are extremely safe inside.

2) We only use 2 vehicles for sunday league away matches now instead of 4 or 5,thus helping the enviroment.

3) The emissions on my vehicle are better than most smokey jo mondoe''s.

4) Im happily trugging along when the whole county is at a standstill when we have 1cm of snow.

5) It''s great when looking down at the woman overtaking you especially if wearing a low cut top!

6) I never have to go on a grass verge  because the oncoming car always pulls over first.

[/quote]Firstly what is your car?1) Get a people carrier, EuroNCap has found them to be just as safe if not better depending on model2) Those 2 4x4s will probaly use as much fuel as 4 average cars3) Any proof? how many miles to the galleon can your car do?4) A bit of snow hasn''t stop my little saxo, and snow is still very rare.5) Thats not a valid reason! [:P]6) That just shows you like to bully other road users about, a rather selfish attitude if you ask me

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="hogesar"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]I don''t think anybody can justify the need of such a vehicle and it''s not just hummers it all uneccessary 4x4''s unless your a farmer or live in some remote middle of nowhere I don''t see any reason why you would need one. Personally I''m dissapointed in Earnie it''s a very selfish car to own and I thought he was a better person than that but it seems all spoilt footballers are just the same.[/quote]

hogesar.

[/quote]Perhaps you''ve misunderstood the point, Hogesar... it''s not a question of whether or not Earnie buys a "nice" car, the problem is that these vehicles, more than many other "nice" cars, are extreme pollutants and we all have a responsibility to start cutting back on these kind of things, especially now the club is making so much noise about being green... I''m sure Earnie could live without the Hummer, as could everyone living within a city...[/quote]Exactly my point, thank you monkey

Love Earnie, superb player for us, but my reaction on seeing him driving such a monstrosity is exactly the same as it is for anyone I see in a large 4wd barge - if they aren''t towing or going offroad regularly, then they''re obviously compensating for something - lack of driving skills perhaps, or maybe something else [;)]Its not so much the MPG (or lack of) that I find silly, it''s the fact that anyone driving one looks like a prize pillock. For that money you could buy any one of a plethora of superb cars. Audi RS6, BMW M5, or maybe a few pieces of classic exotica.To me it just screams "taste bypass" Sorry Earnie [:|]

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]Yeah, well I used to do that in my Mini van too, and didn''t look like I was compensating for lacking in the meat and two veg department.Still, if you''re happy with people assuming you must be hung like a dormouse, more power to you [:)]

[quote user="7rew"]Two sheds how does you wearing a low cut top help when looking down on women overtaking you?
[/quote]

[:D][:D][<:o)]  LOL!!  Brilliant.

i doubt he drives it to sainsburys etc on a daily basis, its proberley like hucks fast and the furious style mitishbushi evo, (ive only ever seen it once at greens and once in cringleford),

they are just there show cars, u dont expect they are going to rack up the miles in them just to get a pint of milk?

According to the Pinkun this morning, Earnie drives a two meter high Hummer around the streets of Norwich...

He''s about 2 feet tall, does he really need such a large vehicle? And think of the environmental impact on our fair City, all at a time when the club is attempting to go green... maybe they should sort their playing staff out!

Or maybe he''s just compensating by having such a large car... Zip it! [:#]

so what...

if you had as much money as him would you buy something flash

this is a football site aint it, what car earnie has got has nothing to do with anything on here

[quote user="john"]

so what... [/quote]So what...? So What?Unfortunately this is the prevalent attitude in the UK and most of the world when it comes to environmental issues... who cares if the world is getting destroyed as long as you look good in your car, right?

Disgraceful.

One of the reasons I''m not renewing my season ticket is that I can no

longer bring myself to contribute to the astronomical wages received

(note that I do not use the word "earned") by footballers playing in

the lower reaches of the second tier of English football.

I think that anyone voluntarily choosing to buy a car which only

does 12 miles to the gallon in these days of global warming is an

absolute disgrace and no amount of goals which Earnshaw might score for

my beloved Norwich City will alter that fact.

So my message to Earnie is this.........Stop playing with your toy

trucks and grow up. Perhaps then people will respect you as a man as

well as a player.

[quote user="john"]

so what...

if you had as much money as him would you buy something flash

this is a football site aint it, what car earnie has got has nothing to do with anything on here

[/quote]Yes this is a football site, unfortunatly that hasn''t been seen in Norwich for a long while, so for now we''re stuck talk about this.

So have any of you posters who are bashing Earnie & other 4x4 drivers (myself included) ever thought that these could be running on LPG? No of course you havent,because your so far up your own backsides you cant see the light of day!

So just for the record,both of my vehicles run on LPG (enviroment freindly last time i knew),oh and i have also had my aircon de-gassed in both but i wont tell you the reason why,il let you do a google search to find out why.

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

So have any of you posters who are bashing Earnie & other 4x4 drivers (myself included) ever thought that these could be running on LPG? No of course you havent,because your so far up your own backsides you cant see the light of day!

So just for the record,both of my vehicles run on LPG (enviroment freindly last time i knew),oh and i have also had my aircon de-gassed in both but i wont tell you the reason why,il let you do a google search to find out why.

[/quote]I''m not having a go at you TwoSheds, by any means... as a Farmer, even if you did have gass-guzzling models there''d still be more justification for you to own it than city based footy player with more money than style... I''ve no idea if Earnie''s is running on LPG, and it would certainly show me up if it is... but I guess this whole thing has raised an important issue on these boards in terms of Global Warming, and I''d be interested to know, purely out of interest, what other people''s thoughts on the issue are...

My point, however, is not that. What i''m trying to say is, there are thousands of people with cars that are extremely polluting, but this topic is directed at earnshaw. It''s got nothing to do with football - unless you''re stating he shouldnt have a nice car BECAUSE he plays for a club which tries to help the environment?

Give me strength..

[quote user="hogesar"]

My point, however, is not that. What i''m trying to say is, there are thousands of people with cars that are extremely polluting, but this topic is directed at earnshaw. It''s got nothing to do with football - unless you''re stating he shouldnt have a nice car BECAUSE he plays for a club which tries to help the environment?

Give me strength..

[/quote]If you mean he shouldn''t have an extremely environmentally polluting car because he plays for a club which tries to help the environment, then that''s EXACTLY what I''m saying!  You''ve used the word "nice" car again, which in the case of a Hummer I find a little strange...The club has a responsibility, and it''s good to see that they''re taking that, but this should also apply to the players.  What''s the point in them recycling and using energy saving lightbulbs if they''re all driving around in Hummers? Makes no sense.You could argue that as he''s only employed by the club he has no responsibility himself, but think about it this way: footballers get paid thousands of pounds a week, and they are undoubtedly within a wage bracket that means they can afford to take the environmentally friendly option - LPG, or even Hydrogen powered cars, whose technology is slowly but surely improving.  These people are high profile and have the cash to help - so why aren''t they?For me this whole issue is down to the attitude of the average public, and unfortunately I feel that the "so what" attitude is prevalent.  I read during some recent research that most of the general public are still primarily concerned with home-based issues, such as health-care and education, and while this is what the voters want the politicians aren''t going to do much about it.  While the political tide seems to be turning, not much is going to happen until environmental issues become an election issue.  And that''s not going to happen until people begin to give a sh*t... which isn''t likely if people think "so what" about this issue...

And that''s not going to happen until people begin to give a sh*t... which isn''t likely if people think "so what" about this issue...

get a life and stop moaning about peoples cars.

do you drive an lpg  or another type of GREEN  powered car.

maybe earnie could use a trade bike... that would be environmently friendly wont it...

[quote user="john"]

And that''s not going to happen until people begin to give a sh*t... which isn''t likely if people think "so what" about this issue...

get a life and stop moaning about peoples cars.

do you drive an lpg  or another type of GREEN  powered car.

maybe earnie could use a trade bike... that would be environmently friendly wont it...

[/quote]yeah, well i do give a stuff, and so deliberately i choose to run a small engined petrol.  i also ''offset'' my emissions - it costs me £25 a year to sponsor worldwide carbon reduction programmes.  that don''t make me better than anyone else, it comes down to perosnal choice.  if earnie, or any other person, chooses to run a gas guzzler, then that''s down to them.  all we can try to be is reponsible for our own behaviour.

Nice to come back to another favourite "flock mentality" issue...the myth of "human activity created" global warming.  Utter tosh put about by the displaced "lefties" and "Commies" looking for a new anarchic cause after the fall of the Soviet Union and the Berlin Wall. Animal Rights issues and Global Warming...both total plop and just more politically correct tripe we have to step around every day.

Carbon dioxide is the side product of global warming ...not the cause.....and by removing carbon particles from the upper atmosphere we are actually allowing the planet to warm up more due to additional solar penetration to the Earths surface. We need more coal powered powered stations not less...and less publicity for this populist obsession ...not more.

Just another myth like Delia being this club''s great "saviour"...and this "Green" nonsense will run just the same course until the truth finally shows itself......as with NCFC.

Baaaah ram ewe lot.........[N]   Get a life.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]According to the Pinkun this morning, Earnie drives a two meter high Hummer around the streets of Norwich...

[/quote] Have you only just realised that? It is a pretty impressive vehicle but very thirsty on petrol! Saw one in London on saturday night which looked very like Earnshaw''s!

Whilst I could think of many better cars to spend my money on than a Hummer H2 in reality it is just as thirsty as Hux Supercharged Rangie and indeed Dixon’s Chrysler 300C, emissions data on these things is seemingly pretty hard to get hold of but none of these will see much better than mid teens as an overall consumptions figure.

As for all the brow beating about 4X4’s, I use a diesel Rangie as my daily driver which returns damn nearly 30 mpg and is pretty good on its omissions as well and comes in very handy for ferry four Yella’s all over the country every other weekend throughout the season on away games, how else are we supposed to travel?

This really isn’t the place but this whole issue of climate change seems to get lost in far too many political agendas for my liking, climate is a variable; it has been this way since the beginning of time itself.  Over a period of time sometimes it gets warmer, sometimes its gets cooler and sometimes it does so more quickly and this is how it has always been.

To simply feed carbon omissions into a long established equation and point the figure at drivers of expensive cars ignores the fact that irrespective of the combustion engine the worlds climate could very well be warming up and there is absolutely nothing anybody could do about it.

To conclude, do you think Woolly Mammoths would have been blaming Earnie at the end of the last ice age when their world went firmly ‘The way of the pear’?

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]

I can`t figure out why a midget like Earnie  would want to  lose himself  in  a Hummer ?   it smacks of ego  ( lookit me everbody !)     , and I can`t think of a worse vehicle  to drive around  than  one made for the military  , and which is too wide for Englands  congested  roads  .....

Its unlikely that he`s  bothered to  change over to NPG Two sheds  , with his weekly income  why should he bother ? 

Come to that  I`m wondering   about you converting your vehicles to LPG ?   don`t you get  red diesel  ?    whats that , about 35p /litre  ?    is it a saving ?