Sign in to follow this  
cheshire canary

Preston ticets + get behind the lads

1. We ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, what the hell are we moaning about. We should just be sitting tight and praying for the last day to come as quickly as possible. Let''s not get at the players, it helps nobody at all. Especially them if they happen to read it.

2. A decent - and fairly cheap - right winger can be found at Wrexham in the name or Carlos Edwards. He''s fast, goes past defenders with ease and SCORES GOALS. But whatever happens, stop getting at Mark Rivers, he is still one of our top scorers despite playing only a handful of games. Likewise with Ian Henderson - he is out of position!

3. Despite my best efforts today, i have failed to get a ticket for the Preston match. I have travelled to every single away match and gone to 8 home games this season on my own - I am only just 17 and live in Crewe - and some fans who have hardly been any games this season will have got tickets over me. I have supported the club since i was 6, going a minimum of 17 games a season and that is what u call loyalty considering my home town. OK the support at Palace was ace, but had we been mid-table, hardly 20% those fans would have been there. Whereas it is the hardcore bunch like myself who were at Grimsby to see us draw at the end of december, and at places like Bury and Tranmere fighting relegation... Who saw Brian McGovern fire in the winner to keep us up at Prenton Park??? - i bet a few people reading this haven''t a clue who he is! The club should introduce a Man City style system, whereby fans are awarded points for games attended then tickets are sold to people with the most points first. I would have had no problems getting tickets for the Preston game this morning.

My message is this, let''s get behind the players and shout as loud as we can for the lads, even when we''re losing. Remember, they want to go up as much as we do. Fickle fans - we don''t need you, u won''t be at the Stoke''s and Brighton''s etc... IF we ever end up back in this league.

Lets make the last game of the season one to remember - across the road from my house.

My apologies for such a long post, but this needs to be said.

OTBC

cheshire i know it can be frustrating,but we all started out as new supporters sometime in our lives. i don''t get to many games, i am only 17 and get to as many games as i can - i was at crystal palace on saturday but hadn''t been at a game for a while before that.but ive been to bristol city,swindon and others,and so i think it is wrong to deprive others trying to get to games simply because they only go to 5 games a season.we will get fewer and fewer supporters if the tickets are never available
i''m afraid its just tough luck,maybe you should get a season ticket if it is affordable,otherwise i hope you get to the rest of the games you want to go to

Hi Archie, yes i do agree that all supporters obviously have to start somewhere and yes they should be given as much chance, but maybe a way round this is that for the new supporters who would have less match points, they could do a ballot like in the early part of this season where they are guarenteed so many games. This way everyone would be happy. On the other hand, yes i have applied for a season ticket for next season and am about 1500 in the queue. This is another point - all them people who bought half season tickets just cos the club is doing well should have the priority over other supporters taken away because the only reason why i didn''t buy one is because there were too many sunday and weekday matches at home, so it worked out cheaper to just buy individual tickets for the saturday games.

Anyway, im not getting into an argument again! but a system needs sorting out.

OTBC