Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Fotheringham: I'm not impressed

I have not seen anything from him to indicate he is good enough to be part of a team pushing for promotion next year. Don''t suppose this will be a popular post but he look like more fodder to me.

Yes I know give him 300 games first before I judge.

Here comes the: "he''s a thousand times better than Etuhu shouts"He doesn''t tackle, doesn''t beat players, doesn''t get in the box and score and he doesn''t do defence spliting passes. I dunno what he does really.

Who are you impressed with HardHouse ?It''s been a couple of weeks since your "colin is average" thread, I was wondering if something had happened to you.

Hard to call so far.

He certainly isn''t as fit as the others yet, but he was really good at Preston when Safri was "tired". 442 with Croft Safri Etuhu Lappin across the middle leaves him on the bench for me.But he is the only alternative to Safri though, and we need a squad. Not every player can be first choice when the whole lot are fit.

I think the jury is still out...needs to be given a chance in a consistent position, and a run of games to get fully match sharp...

hes a good player.. as soon as he is out of the team we will notice it... he can pass well, and seems to be in the right place all the time, indicatiing he can read a game.. he is also fairly physical.. which a midfielder needs to be.

jas :)

remember he hasnt much played this season before he joined us, so he does need to recollect his match fitness.

Remember how long it took Croft to get match fit. He''s still probably working his way back!

He uses the ball well from what i''ve seen, far less prone to losing it the DE. If nothing elses this helps our ball retention as a team. The clever passes, runs, shots etc should come with confidence and fitness. This will NOT come with jibes and boos. Take note, some!

fozzy can spot a pass and make it, reads the games well, is creative and can tackle - but a run of games on heavy pitches is taking its toll on him i fear.  he doesn''t look to be blessed with loads stamina, unlike holty was. i like the fact he runs at defenders, draws then in, and makes clever passes to now unmarked city players - i bet the likes of earnie would love a fozzy through ball.  he gives city something different, that we haven''t had for a long time.  i''m prepared to get how he goes for the time being, but he needs to work on fitness for sure - hopefully that''ll come.

i really like fozzy, think his our only creative player

looked good last night and is comfortable on the ball and more importantly, he always wants the bloody thing

give him a chance

He hasn''t pulled up any trees yet but he looks neat and tidy. He reminds me of Mulryne in that he is neat tidy and has the ability to pick a pass. As he cost us nothing I am not expecting him to be the best midfielder in the division! He looks better than either Robinson or Hughes in the middle of the park and has improved our squad since his arrival.

I think he has the potential to be one of our best players next year, when he gained his match fitness this season and has the full backing of the fans! His ball retention is second to none, however I do think you have to find a box to box player to play with him as him and Safri together does not work. He is probably best in a 4-4-3 where he can roam and find the space to unlock a defence, he had a good game at Stamford Bridge and Preston which shows he can do it

Keep The Faith

dont think i would judge him yet, but hes not fitting in so far, lets hope he does soon

Looks fairly ordinary so far.

If Norwich were doing really well (in this league) he''s the kind of player you''d like to have on the bench.

He''s got a relatively natural way about him on the ball but he''s far from being a creative genius.

Much more impressed with Lappin.

i was quite impressed with the boy on tuesday. so far i havnt been a big fan of his but he showed som nice touches, composure on the ball and seems to be quite skillful as well as this reputation of being able to split defences with his passing. balances safri out well in centre mid and a postive change from robinson and etuhu.

let just hope he can improve and be consistent at a good, creative level.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Who are you impressed with HardHouse ?

It''s been a couple of weeks since your "colin is average" thread, I was wondering if something had happened to you.

[/quote]

I''m impressed with Martin, Huckerby, Dublin, and, oh that''s right I''m not that impressed with anybody else. Maybe that why we are struggling near the bottom of the league. Wait a moment I remember Earnshaws was good. Come on son the guy is average at this level. No pace and this eye for a pass. When''s he going to make this wonder pass cos he hasn’t made it yet.

macdougall''s perm wrote - "I think that he has looked good from what I''ve seen of him. Could be a

very creative player for us, imo,
when he gets properly match

fit"

Yep, it''s still only mid March, players can''t all be expected to be fit

this early in the season, I reckon by the end of May he should just

about be getting there

[quote user="No. 4"]

He is probably best in a 4-4-3 where he can roam and find the space to unlock a defence, he had a good game at Stamford Bridge and Preston which shows he can do it

Keep The Faith

[/quote]Would the referee not notice the extra player? Actually probably not if its our friend Mr Probert from last night = D

It''s hard to judge him when I haven''t seen him yet but reading the match reviews on here and other place, he sounds like he''s an ok guy but we have to remember, He''s been playing at what I think is a lower level and just needs games....

....and if he doesn''t turn out good, his contract expires at the end of the season so nothing lost, nothing gained. We have a paper thin squad so i''m happy to see him here.

I like the fact that he''s a proper footballer and is genuinely comfortable with the ball. He can pick a pass as well and has a good range, but keeps it simple most of the time.

He doesn''t look fit right now so only time will tell if he''s genuinely unfit or lazy. I''m certainly giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

JB wrote "Yep, it''s still only mid March, players can''t all be expected to be fit this early in the season, I reckon by the end of May he should just about be getting there"

Can''t believe I''m bothering[:D] but, I''m sure that you are aware of the fact that he hasn''t been playing competitive matches for longer that two or three weeks - so he hasn''t had since the beginning of the season to get MATCH fit. Anyway, on with the duel[:D][;)]. 

Just to clarify things, I thought we had signed Lappin but got Fotheringham on loan until the end of the season.Or is he a permanent signing?

In my mind he is the kind of player who will show his worth next year (if he''s still here of course) following a full preseason and playing in a team build including the things he brings to it.

Against Luton I though he made the difference. When he came on we kept the ball far better and were tighter in midfield. The idea I believe is to get Etuhu and Fozzy in direct competition with each other, therefore bringing out the best in each other.

Think Take That guys...

The best he has looked was Luton away. He came on ,dictated the play and really steadied us. I think he is the type of player who wants to be the playmaker, but while Safs is here he will be the one that the team go thru.

He is an extremely tidy player who has not played much but by the start of next yr, will be fitter and hopefully be holding a central position (not on the left)

Oh nobody has mention that he is ONLY 23!!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

I''m impressed with Martin, Huckerby, Dublin, and, oh that''s right I''m not that impressed with anybody else. Maybe that why we are struggling near the bottom of the league. Wait a moment I remember Earnshaws was good. Come on son the guy is average at this level. No pace and this eye for a pass. When''s he going to make this wonder pass cos he hasn’t made it yet.

[/quote]...And how many of Derbys'' players impressed you ?  What was the difference between us and them, apart from time-wasting and a disallowed goal ?  I''d say that we have more than our quota of impressive players for this league, we just need more effective players, people who close their opponents down, interrupt build-ups and turn the ball over to our attack.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

...And how many of Derbys'' players impressed you ?  What was the difference between us and them, apart from time-wasting and a disallowed goal ?  I''d say that we have more than our quota of impressive players for this league, we just need more effective players, people who close their opponents down, interrupt build-ups and turn the ball over to our attack.
[/quote]

Blahx3 my old adversary we always come back to this. Your augment always linked with emotion and passion. Both of which I admire. Mine with statistics and facts.

We are not/ were not as good as Derby on Tuesday. We matched them in the first half but in the second we scored against the run of play and whether or not your love of all things yellow and green will allow it, you must hand it to them. They came back from behind away from home to win a go top of the league.

Time wasting is something every team does even us. And disallowed goals are always that goals that don''t count. They out scored us and defended better than us. We are enraged by their keeper but his performance in the eyes of the Derby fans was one of hero. What a save he made against Dublin. My point is fans see thing from their teams point of view only.

We have not the players capable of what Derby have achieved. Yes we have some players who can but you need entire team to achieve promotion. With the like''s of Fotheringham, Etuhu, Hughes, Doherty, Drury, Shackell, Colin, and Brown we will not be that team I am convinced of that.

We argued at the start of the season and we are arguing, no sorry debating still at the later stages of it about the same thing, whether the players we have are good enough to compete in this league at the top. The league tells us they are not.