Sign in to follow this  
At last?

Moaners, whingers, bottlers, doubters - A simple message

at last mate

i am sure you will class me as a moaner, a doubter, a whinger whatever

but let me just say this, when i have spent the best part of this season defending a manager who makes tactical errors, plays people out of position

and then has the nerve to accuse the fans of not turning up (re gillingham) then i will state my case for the defence on whatever point i can, i am absolutely incensed by those comments, i really thought worthy was better than that and didn''t sink to the depths of megson, warnock, pardew and royle

I am still super confident we will get promoted, you can check previous posts from me throughout the season if you like, i was confident the moment hucks came here on loan, but for god''s sake, we can do it in style - we have the players to do it

they just need to go out and believe they can, why or why are we letting gillingham etc come to carrow road and dominate proceedings?

if we are truly the best team in the league, let''s start playing like it, for 90 minutes

Re: Players, Manager, Coaching Staff- A simple message! The Fans are doing their bit and yesterday is evidence enough, now it''s time to do your''s. We are 100% behind NCFC and I appreciate things are getting a little tense.

Not one player, [bar Holt] who started yesterdays game can honestly, hand on heart, say that they performed to the best of their ability. Substitutions were made and things improved slightly.....

We have to earn promotion! and thus, prove to all and sundry, that we have the credentials and are worthy of our place in the Premiership, and therefore not relying on the chasing pack''s misfortunes or slip-ups.

I''m not slating the Players, Manager, Coaching Staff, but.. I do on occasion, have a moan and a whinge [I personally call it constructive criticism] If, at the end of the day, we are unable to achieve what we have set out to do, its not because I personally haven''t got the bottle or the self belief! its ultimately, down to the 28 or so professionals plus manager. If they can''t do it even with the full support and backing of the Fans and Board who''s fault is it? certainly not mine, I''m doing my bit I have the lighter wallet and hoarse throat to prove it!

Whether you agree or disagree with my comments and thoughts, it matters to me nought.
I will continue to support and follow NCFC whatever the outcome, and I''m not negative I still believe we will do it, if we show the grit and determination that got us to the Play-Off Final.

Now you all know me and i''m not a moaner,whinger,bottler or doubter but these next 9 games are crucial and we must get the team selection spot on and get going from when the first whistle is blown.Shackell tried hard,bless him but is not a left back,presume Drury will be fit for Sat,Henderson is one for the future but is not experienced enough for the run in,maybe Rivers need to be given another chance if he,s fit(After all Worthy wouldnt let him go to Crewe on loan in Feb so presume hes intending to use him) Sven doesnt do it for me and I''m not at all convinced hes the man for the job,lets give Leon a go at front with Hucks.Cooper i thought looked committed and should fit in well,but maybe we need another couple of loan players to be safe, maybe a right winger and another striker.
Finally have to agree with gazza''s comments about Worthy,cant believed he was critical of the fans at the gillingham game,not after a 19 hour marathon to Cardiff.Yes we must create an atmosphere to help our boys and I do my bit week in week out but its the managers job and responsibilty to get them playing from 3pm and its their own responsibility to keep themselves motivated on the pitch.Dont blame us Worthy,it wasnt our fault.

Gazza, the arguement about Worthy re the Gillingham game, that i fully supported, was that he couldn''t expect the fans not to be edgy at this stage of the season.
By the same token, you can''t expect the players not to be either. Worthy has warned all along that for the final third of the season there isn''t going to be much pretty football in evidence. Our lead isn''t big enough for that. No lead is big enough for that as proved by Wolves. So you can''t have your cake and eat it by insisting that we "do it in style" and have nothing to be edgy about. We expect to be nervous at this time and that''s going to be the same for the players on occasions, we just have to play through it and support the team through it.

I did think NW stepped out of line a little, others thought he called it right, but to go back to the criticisms of September/October, when every other person on here was accusing NW of tactical errors and playing people out of position, is nonsense. We''ve lost a handful of games ALL season, less than anyone else and we''ve won more than anyone else so he''s got it right more than any other manager in the league and more than you would. I don''t think he has played people out of position unless he has had to. Yes, Francis wide right didn''t work, but that was the only option at Stoke to allow Mulryne to come on which was very much the right decision. I don''t know why Brennan wasn''t at LB at Palace, but there will have been a reason. If you wanted evidence of why Worthy seemingly over protects his youngsters and tries not to play them unless he really has to, you saw it on Saturday and you''ve seen it with Hendo.

The team maybe suffering a dip in form, lets not allow our support (of players and manager) to do the same.

Gents / ladies

Thanks for your replies. I respect the opinions of you all.

I now accept that my comments should be aimed at supporters on a match day and of course comments / discussion etc should be aired here. I apologise to all who I offended.

Silver fox, I certainly do not suggest we sit back and hope all will be OK but we need positive support. Worthy cannot pick a team to please everyone but we need to all get behind him now 100% for this final push.

Recriminations and anger can wait until our fate is sealed. Lets not look back with regret but with pride at our support.

Making the players nervous plays into the hands of tw*ts like Warnock who is relying on the crowd to exert pressure on our players.

We all need to be focussed and supportive on Saturday for frankly the biggest game in years.

Discussion and bad vibes should be left here on the boards and NOT brought to CR on Saturday.

Keep the faith, keep the support high and keep on the discussions on this excellent board.