Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Marshall out for rest of season!

[quote user="In the blood"]

Where did you read this? Would be interested to see and further my depression.

[/quote]

On the Pink Un website. You should visit it some day. LOL

Seriously, it''s on the homepage.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Dreadful news. I hope Celtic allow us to cancel the loan, so we can free up wages to bring someone else in.

[/quote]

Insurance should cover it. Cant see Celtic agreeing to pay.

I have often pondered this - particularly with seeing O''Neill, Johnson, Eadie, Bellamy, Earnshaw etc out for long periods over recent past seasons and our injury free League winning season ... are you at the bottom because you have unlucky injuries or do you get injuries because you are at the bottom? So many struggling teams suffer from multiple injuries and/or long term injuries.

Losing Earny and Marshall for so long is sickening.

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

I have often pondered this - particularly with seeing O''Neill, Johnson, Eadie, Bellamy, Earnshaw etc out for long periods over recent past seasons and our injury free League winning season ... are you at the bottom because you have unlucky injuries or do you get injuries because you are at the bottom? So many struggling teams suffer from multiple injuries and/or long term injuries.

[/quote]That''s it i''ve had enough of our Constant injury problems, i''m going to start a camapign to sack Neal Reynolds who will join me?REYNOLDS OUT!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[/quote]

That''s it i''ve had enough of our Constant injury problems, i''m going to start a camapign to sack Neal Reynolds who will join me?

REYNOLDS OUT!
[/quote]

Not sure how much fault you can attribute to Reynolds when it was the ''pitch'' at Chelsea that did for Marshall...

Give Reynolds 3-4 more games to try and turn it about, you''ll see I''m right... *winks*

Could be a blessing in disguise if we cancel his loan and get a better keeper in. Although I have no idea who''d be available especially since we let Lee Camp get away.

[quote user="GJP"]Could be a blessing in disguise if we cancel his loan and get a better keeper in. Although I have no idea who''d be available especially since we let Lee Camp get away.[/quote]

he was a good keeper, who do you want instead, Peter Czech, Paul Robinson, Van Der Saar?

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="GJP"]Could be a blessing in disguise if we cancel his loan and get a better keeper in. Although I have no idea who''d be available especially since we let Lee Camp get away.[/quote]

he was a good keeper, who do you want instead, Peter Czech, Paul Robinson, Van Der Saar?

[/quote]

He was average. I suspect because people knew/know Gallacher is a bit of a weak link they want to see something that isn''t really there. In my opinion he''s just been average. He''s made 1 or 2 good saves but his communcation is a bit poor and sometimes he just doesn''t look interested.

For the record it''s Petr Cech and Van Der Sar.

[quote user="baldyboy"]we have to blood lewis then in my opinion as gallacher looks ropey at the moment[/quote]

Yeah, I don''t see the harm in that. I thought he''d have at least been given a go in the Tamworth game.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

He was average. I suspect because people knew/know Gallacher is a bit of a weak link they want to see something that isn''t really there. In my opinion he''s just been average. He''s made 1 or 2 good saves but his communcation is a bit poor and sometimes he just doesn''t look interested.

[/quote]

How can you have made such an opinion in the few games he has played GJP? I really didn''t see enough of him to form an opinion. I didn''t see the first game against Blackpool so only had the three home games to go by. I thought he looked a strong character and was impressed by the way he demanded players accept the ball when he had posession. On Tuesday night it was the same old with Gallacher not being forceful in his distribution.

It''s all academic now but having identified the goalkeeper as a position that needed improvement as a priority surely every attempt must be made for another loan.

I heard a rumour on Tuesday that we had actually paid a loan fee for Marshall, if that is true I hope we can get it back!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]The luck we are having this season currently suggests that relegation is on its way...[/quote]

Yep... and you know what they say Alex???  You get the luck that you desrve in football!!!

All the teams down there with us have serious injury problems etc... you don''t catch them using it as an excuse do you???

We should be of been in a better position than any of them to avoid an injury crisis by seeing that we had a squad large enough to cope with such matters...

Excuses, excuses, bleedin excuses... shut up the Carrow Road PR Machine... we are sick of hearing them!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]we have to blood lewis then in my opinion as gallacher looks ropey at the moment[/quote]

Yep agree with you BALDY...

Don''t know if it is true... but somebody told me earlier today that Gallagher has conceded on average 2 goals per game...

So if we keep him in goal til the end of the season that can only mean certain relegation!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How can you have made such an opinion in the few games he has played GJP? I really didn''t see enough of him to form an opinion. I didn''t see the first game against Blackpool so only had the three home games to go by. I thought he looked a strong character and was impressed by the way he demanded players accept the ball when he had posession. On Tuesday night it was the same old with Gallacher not being forceful in his distribution.

It''s all academic now but having identified the goalkeeper as a position that needed improvement as a priority surely every attempt must be made for another loan.

I heard a rumour on Tuesday that we had actually paid a loan fee for Marshall, if that is true I hope we can get it back!

[/quote]

You question how I could form an opinion and say you haven''t seen enough to do so yourself, yet you clearly have. You think he''s a strong character and you''re impressed by the way he demanded the players accept the ball.

(I don''t mean that to come across as moody if it does)

My opinion is that he''s looked disinterested and at times he''s switched off. For example, I think it was the first goal we conceded at home to Blackpool, it was from a corner but we were forced to concede the corner because Marshall failed to call and come for a ball that should have been his. A bread and butter catch. Because he wasn''t aware it forced Dion to put the ball behind.

Lee Camp looked more lively to me and a better prospect for Norwich.

The truth is we haven''t had more injuries than any other team in this division, what we do have is a paper thin squad so obviously every player counted out becomes a huge blow, to have 4 or 5 players out at this stage of the season  isn''t uncommon, it''s expected! is it bad luck or is it time to wake up and ask a few questions?

Point taken GJP and it didn''t come across moody.

Yes I guess I did form an opinion because there are parts of  Gallachers game that infuriate me at times. The distribution thing is about strong characters. Some of our players, especially away from home, don''t really want the ball thrown to them. I noticed Marshall demand they take it. On Tuesday night on a few occasions Gally wanted to throw it out but the players didnt really make themselves available to receive it so he ended up kicking it long and then not always in the direction of Chris Brown.

The best goalkeeping performance I have seen for us this season was Lee Camp against Leicester. He looked a goalkeeper who could command his area and I lost count of the amount of crosses he came for and collected. But in defence of Marshall although Camp hadn''t been playing he had spent a lot of time at the club and probaly had much more idea of how we defend. For whatever reason Grant preferred Marshall to Camp and by all accounts had targeted him for a long time. Maybe he is hoping to sign him permanently, I would hope so if indeed we have paid a loan fee.

Whatever the long term plans are in the short term we need a goalkeeper for the rest of the season as a matter of urgency.