Sign in to follow this  
Flyin High

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE! Lets make sure we stay there!

Just to clarify…I’m as anxious as anybody about the final 9 games!

Although I was thinking, if somebody had of told me at the beginning of the season, that we would be top of the league with 9 games left, I would have snapped there arm off! In fact…as I am sure 99.9% of you would…I would have taken the playoffs at the beginning of it all.
We need to just grind a few more results out between now and the end, and with people getting fed up (because we’ve lost 2 game in the last couple of weeks)it’s not helping!
So, instead of moaning about the lads not pulling results together, lets just get behind the team…and give them the final push they need for the Premiership!

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE! Lets make sure we stay there!

OTBC

You''re right - we should not lose sight of how successful this season has been so far - I never even dreamed at the start of the season (or any season) that City could be top of the league as the season draws to a close.

having said that, i would be heart broken to see it go to waste. I''m sure it won''t, let''s have some faith and be confident that City will beat Stoke and go on from there...

The price of success is expectancy, if we were to fail now the Play Off loss would pale into insignificance.

Unfortunately when we started on this venture last Aug a play off position was the most of us could realistically expect and that didn''t seem very likely, now we have been top for 3 months the expectation is becoming painful. Perhaps it might just be eased by performing well in the first half, certainly relax most peoples nerves. It must be said we have been fortunate this season and this also makes us feel it must be our season.

Success now can only be measured by promotion, anything less will feel like total failure.

So lets say we are playing Premiership football next season, I’m sure most of you would agree that staying there would be an achievement…but imagine this:
We start really well in the Premiership, by Christmas we are in the top four, and go on a really good run. With nine games left, we are within the champions league places, with 9 points between us and the team below. Then we start losing a couple of games, tell me, would you be slagging off the team, saying that anything out of the Champions League places is failing, when at the beginning of the season you would have been over the moon with just staying above the relegation places?

The team have already excelled themselves this season, lets show them some of the respect they deserve, and let them concentrate on doing the rest.

OTBC