Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Daydream Believers - Wake up and Smell the Coffee!!!!

Championship League Form Last 10 games home and away.

West Brom

+8

Sunderland

+14

Derby

+2

Wolves

+6

Birmingham

+7

Preston

+2

Crystal Palace

+5

Southampton

+6

Cardiff

+3

Leicester

+2

Southend

+4

Colchester

+2

Stoke

+2

Hull

Barnsley

Leeds

Ipswich

Luton

Plymouth

QPR

Coventry

Norwich

Sheff Wed

Burnley

Championship league form last 6 home games -

West Brom

+7

Sunderland

+8

Preston

+4

Southampton

+5

Birmingham

+2

Colchester

+4

Luton

+3

Cardiff

+3

Plymouth

+3

Derby

Crystal Palace

+2

QPR

+0

Barnsley

Hull

+3

Ipswich

Southend

+2

Leeds

+0

Wolves

+1

Leicester

+0

Coventry

Norwich

Stoke

+1

Burnley

Sheff Wed

Championship league form last 6 away games -

Derby

+3

Wolves

+4

West Brom

+1

Sunderland

+5

Leicester

+1

Birmingham

+6

Crystal Palace

+2

Preston

Stoke

Southend

Sheff Wed

+1

Southampton

+0

Cardiff

Hull

Colchester

Plymouth

Ipswich

Luton

Barnsley

Leeds

Burnley

QPR

Coventry

Norwich

The above tables are not made up, they are not fantasy, they are cold hard facts, showing very recent form.

The most interesting point to note for me is that out of the teams from Norwich 18th down to 24th in the Championship, we have the worst form, in all of the tables above. 

The form book to me, and with our current heavily depleated squad through injuries, suggests that we will struggle to avoid the drop, if we do avoid it.

I hate it when our players come out spouting rubbish that we will win 3 or 4 games in a short space of time and move away from the drop zone and be comfortable.  This is rubbish.

Why are there so many people wearing rose tinted spectacles on this board, wake up and smell the coffee!

Norwich and Burnley will get dragged right into this and I mean 1 or 2 points above the drop zone before too long and by the end of the season it will be no suprise to me to see us heading to league one.

Currently there are not 6 worse teams than us in this league.  They may be below us in the table, but not for much longer.

If we lose or draw to Coventry we will be pretty much there or there abouts hovering above the bottom three.  We will do mightily well to get anything more than 1 point from the next 2 away games, our current away form suggests this, perhaps then those daydreamers will take off their rosy glasses and smell the coffee!!

* 2007 - 2008 Norwich City - On loan to league one.

You maybe right. But how many more ways are there of saying we are in danger of being relegated?

Who on here doesn''t see that danger?

The tables aren''t accurate even though the danger of relegation is there.

I will state on here now that although I can see the danger of relegation it''s my considered opinion we won''t be relegated. Do you think we will?

[quote user="theolster"]you make a very good point, which is quite refreshing for most of the dim wits on here[/quote] How do you know it''s refreshing FOR most of the dim wits on here - are you one yourself??

Good post NorfolkBroadSlim, very few people will want to accept those stats though, most would prefer to believe Norwich have improved under Grant so expect some slagging off

Excellent post Norfolkbroadslim....and the effort to produce hard fact is appreciated.

Tomorrow is a very important fixture...and we can only hope this will help make the statistics easier on the eye. It is of course largely down to City to get themselves out of the mire...but the chasing pack will be with us all the way.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Excellent post Norfolkbroadslim....and the effort to produce hard fact is appreciated.

Tomorrow is a very important fixture...and we can only hope this will help make the statistics easier on the eye. It is of course largely down to City to get themselves out of the mire...but the chasing pack will be with us all the way.

[/quote] Absolutely, well done, excellent. I really thought we''d been on an incredible winning streak and hadn''t lost in ages. I thought we were top of the league. Thanks for putting me straight!

[quote user="GJP"]I''d rather be a Day-dream Believer than a Doom Merchant.[/quote]

Me too - dreaming is one of the best parts of being a supporter.

These ''we''ve done this in the last x games'' posts really are rather pointless (pun intended, lol!). If you want a form guide, why not use the one over the season so far (ie our current league position) which isn''t exactly great reading!   What, exactly, is the point in ramming it home in 3 different ways?  Did you expect us to be top of a form league when we are 18th in the ''real'' one?! 

For example, if we win tomorrow we will go up such a short-term form league by quite a lot of places, but next to none in the ''real'' league: that is how much a waste of time short-term form guides are; we''d have won 2 out of 3 in the league (which is a ''fair'' guide, surely?) - better than Derby, but it wouldn''t mean a great deal as we''d still be only 5-6 points off the relegation places and they''ll be in the top 2.

I don''t really think anyone doubts that we aren''t doing particularly well, but it is in the future that our final league position will be determined.  The side has been playing better in recent games, with a few signings coming off, but we all know full well that we need to turn performances into points.  The league season is over 46 games and it is only the position that a side finishes in the League then that matters.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

Totally agree, for me the Leeds game was not the make or break one.  I think Coventry is, win, we wont be safe, but things will be starting to look better.  Draw or lose, and with the away games coming up, I''ll have even more serious concerns.

I''ll admit I went over the top a bit on this post.  But only because I''m seriously worried about the possibility of a drop to League One.  And like the Championship, and pretty much any league you care to mention, league one is not an easy league to get out of.  We desperately need an away win under our belts from one of the next 2 away games, and hopefully this will instill a bit of belief that we can go and get results away from CR. If we don''t I fear that our home form won''t be enough to keep us hope.

The biggest fear for me would be that if we do get relegated and don''t go back up at the first attempt, we may settle into a sort of comfort zone in league one.  We may become a steady side in league occassionally challenging for the playoffs like we have been in the championship since the relegation from the top flight in the 90''s.  With the current people at the healm I think this would be a distinct possibility if we were to be relegated.

I''m not a doom merchant, who will come back at the end of the season if we get relegated and say I told you so. 

I just hope and pray each week for that victory, and for me most importantly 3 points away from CR.

the tables are teams with the same points and seperated by goal difference, why is the worse goal difference on top.Its good to see that coventry are bottom (if goal difference is done right) of the away form league however.I did something similar in the "guess what" thread. Considered as points per game the situation is quite alot worse for other teams than us.The last 6 away mayches have been hard ones: Southampton, Preston, Palace, Wolves, Sunderland and Ipswich. 1 point is poor, but not actually much worse than would be expected (5 points being good from those). If the 2 away matches hadn''t been cancelled (against much lower ranked teams) it could look quite different.Our home form has been much worse with 4 recent poor results [Wednesday, Southend, Plymouth, Wolves] in the last 6 leaving only 1 point in those 4, when between 6 and 10 points from those games would be more expected. (this might be an over estimate as it would put us top 3 for home form with 6 from the other 2).Our recent results against lower ranked teams do make good reading. It is pleasing to note.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

These ''we''ve done this in the last x games'' posts really are rather pointless (pun intended, lol!). If you want a form guide, why not use the one over the season so far (ie our current league position) which isn''t exactly great reading!   What, exactly, is the point in ramming it home in 3 different ways?  Did you expect us to be top of a form league when we are 18th in the ''real'' one?! 

For example, if we win tomorrow we will go up such a short-term form league by quite a lot of places, but next to none in the ''real'' league: that is how much a waste of time short-term form guides are; we''d have won 2 out of 3 in the league (which is a ''fair'' guide, surely?) - better than Derby, but it wouldn''t mean a great deal as we''d still be only 5-6 points off the relegation places and they''ll be in the top 2.

I don''t really think anyone doubts that we aren''t doing particularly well, but it is in the future that our final league position will be determined.  The side has been playing better in recent games, with a few signings coming off, but we all know full well that we need to turn performances into points.  The league season is over 46 games and it is only the position that a side finishes in the League then that matters.

[/quote]

Then lets apply this theory to a previous relegation season that of 1994-1995.

At Christmas we were a very healthy seventh in the Premiership.

We then failed to win all but one of the remaining 20 fixtures.

Our league position was never lower than on the final day.

The long term form over the season implied we were safe right until the final Saturday.

By the end of January the form over ten games had slumped alarmingly, and by the end of February indicated that we were in dire trouble.

The optomists looked to the seasons form for reassurance, the pessimists looked to the recent form for despair, the realists probably looked at the complete picture. Two out of three of these categories did not believe we would go down.

It took a freak set of results over a sustained period in ''95, our forms not good at the moment but it''s nowhere as bad as it was back then, we are dropping but at a far slower rate, in my opinion too slowly to end the season in a relegation spot. But I''m worried. We don''t have much in the way of backup and a couple more holes could be enough to sink the ship. On the other hand I''ve seen a marked improvement about our team recently, I''ve seen better play on the field but just as if not more importantly I''ve seen our team compete, and hold their heads up where not so long ago they would have capitulated. There has been a sea change and I''m looking forward to better days ahead.

Good post Norfolkbroadslim. You can''t argue with the facts.

I think the frustrating thing is that even though results don''t suggest it, overall performance and confidence is actually much better than it was in December. Performances don''t keep you up though.

As Cluck suggested, today will be a great indicator of how tough the relegation struggle will be. If we win, then with the current performance level and the boost of 3 points to add to the momentum we could easily go on a bit of a run. If we lose then the confidence will probably drain away again. A draw is no use either in the circumstances, so we have a real must-win on our hands. I''ve every confidence that we''ll play better than Coventry today and create more chances. The question is, will we have anybody there to finish them? 

Slim,

As you know I am against recrimination at this time as I feel it is imperative to get behind the side or we all go down together, but..........

I also feel you post is fair and reasoned and that you have not been given credit for this. it isn''t about slagging the team off it is something the players would do wel to look at because every season (and we have done it in the past) a team drops into relegation from no-where based on poor form they cannot break.

It is vital NCFC turn things around and get results now. The worry for me is we are coming up to some tough games and have failed to pick up points from easier ones.

I say we accept your points but put our concerns into lifting the side.

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]Facts can be made up to prove anything.  Forftie percent of all people know that.[/quote]

Surely then, they wouldn''t be facts

I saw us win every game up to the 6th of May, and then beat West Brom in the play-off final at Eaton Park........I woke up in a comfy chair in Starbucks.......and realised I''d slept through the match against Coventry, who beat us 2-1..........Nice dream though.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Slim,

As you know I am against recrimination at this time as I feel it is imperative to get behind the side or we all go down together, but..........

I also feel you post is fair and reasoned and that you have not been given credit for this. it isn''t about slagging the team off it is something the players would do wel to look at because every season (and we have done it in the past) a team drops into relegation from no-where based on poor form they cannot break.

It is vital NCFC turn things around and get results now. The worry for me is we are coming up to some tough games and have failed to pick up points from easier ones.

I say we accept your points but put our concerns into lifting the side.

[/quote]

Why do you seem to think RH that a show of our feelings against the board while we remain 100% behind Granty and the players should be in any way detrimental to the teams chances of surviving the drop???