Sign in to follow this  
BBFF

Off the pitch?

From Andrew Cullen off the clubs web-site.

"A large number of season ticket holders will therefore have a major influence on out ability to compete both on and off the pitch"
I''d like to know what "off the pitch" projects my season ticket money is being used for to "compete"? but I wont hold my breath waiting for the truth.

FOOTBALL must come first at Carrow Rd

[quote user="BB FOOTBALL FIRST"]

"A large number of season ticket holders will therefore have a major influence on out ability to compete both on and off the pitch"
I''d like to know what "off the pitch" projects my season ticket money is being used for to "compete"? but I wont hold my breath waiting for the truth.

[/quote]

glorified Business Center... the money should be going into the playing side now.. forget off the field activities. 1st team and academy is the only place the money should be going (obviously paying off the debt too)

jas :)

It''s a tricky one for the club. Football just does not generate enough income to keep the club afloat. I think it''s understandable that they should want to boost off field activitys, not sure why they keep getting slated for it.

Obviously if it''s all to the detriment of the club then it should be stopped.

Have you ever heard the saying ''you need to speculate to accumulate''? money is spent on off the field activities in order to generate even more money that can be spent on the team/academy. As long as these off the field activities are profitable i fail to see any problem. Are you seriously suggesting we run the club on season ticket revenue/TV money/Sponsership alone? football doesn''t work like that these days.

[/quote]

Exactly BB. This is precisely the sort of softnosed nonsense that is getting us into more & more trouble.

If the media were worth their  ----  they would demand an explanation from the Chairman.

OTBC

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Have you ever heard the saying ''you need to speculate to accumulate''? money is spent on off the field activities in order to generate even more money that can be spent on the team/academy. As long as these off the field activities are profitable i fail to see any problem.

Are you seriously suggesting we run the club on season ticket revenue/TV money/Sponsership alone? football doesn''t work like that these days.
[/quote]

I have heard of "you need to speculate to accumulate" it''s a pity the club didn''t when we were in the Prem! The board didn''t replace Iwan until the January with Ashton, then remember winning one more game would have kept us up and having a centre forward from the start of the season we would have won that game and more. The club budgeted for relegation and got what they budgeted for.

Compare the £mils we would have had if we had won that one game to the money we get from the boards "off the pitch" endeavours

[quote user="BB FOOTBALL FIRST"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Have you ever heard the saying ''you need to speculate to accumulate''? money is spent on off the field activities in order to generate even more money that can be spent on the team/academy. As long as these off the field activities are profitable i fail to see any problem. Are you seriously suggesting we run the club on season ticket revenue/TV money/Sponsership alone? football doesn''t work like that these days. [/quote]

I have heard of "you need to speculate to accumulate" it''s a pity the club didn''t when we were in the Prem! The board didn''t replace Iwan until the January with Ashton, then remember winning one more game would have kept us up and having a centre forward from the start of the season we would have won that game and more. The club budgeted for relegation and got what they budgeted for.

Compare the £mils we would have had if we had won that one game to the money we get from the boards "off the pitch" endeavours
[/quote]I agree Ashton should have been signed in August which i''m certain would have gotten us that win and as you rightfully say would generate tons more cash, but why is it a choice? can we not have these off pitch ventures and invest in the team? as far as i''m aware they are all profitable. If somebody can explain to me what is so wrong with generating additional revenue in this way i would be most grateful.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="BB FOOTBALL FIRST"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Have you ever heard the saying ''you need to speculate to accumulate''? money is spent on off the field activities in order to generate even more money that can be spent on the team/academy. As long as these off the field activities are profitable i fail to see any problem.

Are you seriously suggesting we run the club on season ticket revenue/TV money/Sponsership alone? football doesn''t work like that these days.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree Ashton should have been signed in August which i''m certain would have gotten us that win and as you rightfully say would generate tons more cash, but why is it a choice? can we not have these off pitch ventures and invest in the team? as far as i''m aware they are all profitable. If somebody can explain to me what is so wrong with generating additional revenue in this way i would be most grateful.

[/quote]

Are you actually in a privileged position, to be able to confirm to we, the paying support, that money from the ''additional off the field revenue'' is being pumped into the playing squad? Or, is it disappearing into the ''masseeeeve pot o'' where''s it all gone?'' Or other money creatin'' ventures?

You''ll probably be tellin'' us next, that the Government ''green tax'' is being pumped into ''green issues''...........Ho! Ho! Whoa...... 

[/quote]

This messageBoard certainly seems to have become obsessed with off the pitch activities! It seems posts about Delia, catering, hotels etc. always out number the football realated posts.

FOOTBALL must come first on this board!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BB FOOTBALL FIRST"]

[/quote]

This messageBoard certainly seems to have become obsessed with off the pitch activities! It seems posts about Delia, catering, hotels etc. always out number the football realated posts.

[/quote]

Just imagine having to live next door to you............[|-)]

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BB FOOTBALL FIRST"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just imagine having to live next door to you............[|-)]

[/quote]

You''re safe..... I hate the south coast! [ip]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Have you ever heard the saying ''you need to speculate to accumulate''? money is spent on off the field activities in order to generate even more money that can be spent on the team/academy. As long as these off the field activities are profitable i fail to see any problem.

[/quote]

Yeah... Delia & Co so obviously haven''t though!!!  [:@]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="BB FOOTBALL FIRST"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Have you ever heard the saying ''you need to speculate to accumulate''? money is spent on off the field activities in order to generate even more money that can be spent on the team/academy. As long as these off the field activities are profitable i fail to see any problem.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree Ashton should have been signed in August which i''m certain would have gotten us that win and as you rightfully say would generate tons more cash, but why is it a choice? can we not have these off pitch ventures and invest in the team? as far as i''m aware they are all profitable. If somebody can explain to me what is so wrong with generating additional revenue in this way i would be most grateful.

[/quote]

It shouldn''t have to be a choice between the two... however it seems that Delia & Co are the ones who are blind to that FACT.

They have clearly invested in off the field activities to the extent that this has had a clear detrimental effect to the standard of the football on view at Carrow Road due to lack of investment in the playing squad.

This is first and foremost a football club incase you had forgot???

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BB FOOTBALL FIRST"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

FOOTBALL! What''s that? If we just talked about football, this forum would collapse like our squad. Let''s hear what everyone''s havin'' for lunch an'' stuff. Or, how betterer they are at spellun an'' puncturasian an'' well fraught out construktive posts - that makes what they rite, the troof! I like them posts, they''re really good readin''............but, I only read the bits I want to read if they''re exceptionally long. I like the short an'' brief an'' snidey and funny ones, they''re well good.

Fans have a lot to say about the club other than talking about the football..........Now, does anyone think that Delia will stand-down ''if'' we get relegated?  

macdougall''s perm

Cluck wrote "Just imagine having to live next door to you............Sleep [|-)]"

Pretty rich!!!

I never divulge my personal financial position with strangers macd.          [:)]          

[quote user="BB FOOTBALL FIRST"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Have you ever heard the saying ''you need to speculate to accumulate''? money is spent on off the field activities in order to generate even more money that can be spent on the team/academy. As long as these off the field activities are profitable i fail to see any problem. Are you seriously suggesting we run the club on season ticket revenue/TV money/Sponsership alone? football doesn''t work like that these days. [/quote]

[/quote]sure, our ambition in the prem was limited to playing the doc up front for 10 games or so, simon charlton  as a  pint sized  centre half , and shamefully offloading malky mackay to hammers.  no wonder it took us so many games to win our first match,  only swindon had a worse prem record in this regard.  malky is having the last laugh now, playing in the prem, while worthy is picking up the scraps as a potential manager for SWANSEA.  says it all to me.