Norwich v Coventry match thread

Norwich City:

Gallacher, Hughes, Shackell, Doherty, Drury, Fotheringham, Etuhu, Lappin,

Martin, Brown, Huckerby.Subs: Lewis,

Croft, Safri, McVeigh, Colin.
Coventry City:

Marshall, Whing, Ward, Osbourne, Hall, Doyle, Hughes, Hawkins, Tabb, Adebola,

Kyle.Subs:

Steele, Birchall, Fadiga, Mifsud, Virgo.

No colin, no safri, no croft. Peter Grant is a joke really, he has no idea of team selection. Let''s just hope that we luckily get a win because i can see a loss on the cards with that team sheet.

It looks as if we are playing 4-3-3, with Hux roving but up front? If we are going to play Hux and Croft, as well as Brown/Martin, would people really want a 4-2-4?

What a load of bloody sh*t!!! [:@]

Yet another piss poor performance. What is WRONG with our players? Why don''t they shoot!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Yet another piss poor performance. What is WRONG with our players? Why don''t they shoot!

[/quote]

What with Brown & Martin upfront???   Says it all really doesn''t it???

Jarvis as scored a couple agin today I notice!!!  [:@]

[quote user="Smudger"]

What with... Martin upfront???   Says it all really doesn''t it???

[/quote]Would that be the Martin that''s just scored the equaliser? Oh, sorry, that''s a good thing isn''t it, that means it''s beyond your visual range...

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jarvis has had loads of chances for us, the simple fact is that he will not turn Norwich around any more than Martin and Brown. Are you aware that football in the lower divisions is easier than in the championship?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Would that be the Martin that''s just scored the equaliser? Oh, sorry, that''s a good thing isn''t it, that means it''s beyond your visual range...
[/quote]

A good thing? That we start to play a game of football 75 minutes after the first whistle?

It''s absolutely pathetic IMO

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Would that be the Martin that''s just scored the equaliser? Oh, sorry, that''s a good thing isn''t it, that means it''s beyond your visual range...[/quote]

A good thing? That we start to play a game of football 75 minutes after the first whistle?

It''s absolutely pathetic IMO

[/quote]Utter spin, Alex.  I said the "good thing" is Martin scoring.  I made no mention of the timing, nor of the performance.Now try turning this post into something to batter the board with...

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jarvis has had loads of chances for us, the simple fact is that he will not turn Norwich around any more than Martin and Brown. Are you aware that football in the lower divisions is easier than in the championship?

[/quote]

No he hasn''t... how many starts exactly did Jarvis have for us???  Not many... and half of those were in the Premiership...

Why does Martin warrant a chance above him???

All I was stating is that it is shocking that our first choice partnership upfront at the moment is Brown and Martin... we are so desperate that even Fotheringham partnered Martin upfront second half didn''t he???

It is an absolute disgrace that a club of our size is reliant upon a Sunderland reject, a youth prodigy (who may have bags of potential but is no where near the finished article) and a midfielder as our first choice strikers in our fight against relegation.

Anybody with an ounce of sense would currently have Hucks up front with a reasonable target man brought in on loan!!!

With 5 goals in 2 outings for Leyton Orient, imo this guy’s far more likely to score goals for NCFC than Chris Brown or Peter Thorne currently are…or is Grunt using his judgement & foresight & getting him prepared just now for life in Division 1 with the Canaries next season?

Terrible team selection from Peter Grant, terrible.

Andy Hughes didn''t know what he was doing at right back. We have no width on the right hand side because Fotheringham isn''t a winger and was just useless today anyway. The Colin/Croft partnership was doing alright and there was a clear understanding between them but Grant has just completely disregarded it. And you can tell he got it wrong because he had to take both Hughes and Fozzie off.

Simon Lappin...good left foot and definitely an intelligent player but a central midfielder? I think not. Another poor decision by the manager.

It was only when we got all 3 subs on, people that can actually play a bit of football, that we started to look a better team.

Thought Shackell did well today, I''m usually critical of him because I don''t think he''s ever looked a particularly great defender but he definitely put in a good performance.

Also thought Chris Martin did well, he''s being given a chance with Norwich and he''s showing he''s got something to offer. Which is something that Ryan Jarvis has always failed to do.

[quote user="GJP"]

Terrible team selection from Peter Grant, terrible.

Andy Hughes didn''t know what he was doing at right back. We have no width on the right hand side because Fotheringham isn''t a winger and was just useless today anyway. The Colin/Croft partnership was doing alright and there was a clear understanding between them but Grant has just completely disregarded it. And you can tell he got it wrong because he had to take both Hughes and Fozzie off.

Simon Lappin...good left foot and definitely an intelligent player but a central midfielder? I think not. Another poor decision by the manager.

It was only when we got all 3 subs on, people that can actually play a bit of football, that we started to look a better team.

Thought Shackell did well today, I''m usually critical of him because I don''t think he''s ever looked a particularly great defender but he definitely put in a good performance.

Also thought Chris Martin did well, he''s being given a chance with Norwich and he''s showing he''s got something to offer. Which is something that Ryan Jarvis has always failed to do.

[/quote]

Yeah right... wasn''t Ryan Jarvis seen as the future and City''s prodigal son only 3 years ago?

Jarvis has never been given a run in the team...  He has scored a goal in a few brief Premiership appearances and also scored at this level in the few brief chances he has had.  Now he is being given the chance of a run in the 1st team at Leyton Orient he is obviously showing his undoubted ability!!!