Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Worthy not the complete package.

The list goes on and on of players that Worthy apparently falls out with for personality clashes. Heckingbottom, Briggs, McVeigh, Rivers and now Brennan. Until now we could accept this, but this season it has affected the team. Holt as full back in place of Briggs against Watford, anybody on the right side midfield for some considerable time, Shackell against Palace.

Worthy wants to stamp his authority on every player, how will he cope in the Premiership with higher profile players, if we get there which is now being questioned. Worthy must be bigger than that, he must learn to nurture players put his arm around them, explain himself.

It has worked fairly well to date but could easily go wrong in dramatic fashion. Perhaps will not rest Darren H to avoid any confrontation with his star.

Bergkamp, Petit and other big names have been mentioned could they deal with Nigel and his sulks.

Tactically we know Worthy is not the best nor is man management, two abilities which are rather necessary for a manager if he is to motivate men.

Drury looks like long term absentee are we now to suffer because Worthy has got the hump, I bet he took being subbed every time like a perfect gent, somehow I doubt it.

Oh stop it. Every manager has things that they want to see in a footballer, and if petulance isn''t one of them then NW has the right to do as he pleases.

I don''t think it''s nigel sulking, I think it''s probably Brennan. That''s if there is a problem at all, which we don''t know for certain.

One of the things that NW has brought to this club is footballers that want to play for NCFC above all else (including their own ego). For that we should be grateful.

I feel you''re a little bit harsh. Why complain when things are going good? His man management isn''t the best but while we''re doing good there is no need for complaint.

Anyway, all he''s trying to do is get the best from his players and if they don''t like it, its there problem. Worthy can''t afford to be soft with the players- it leads to complacency and that leads to failure!

Get behind worthy because, if anything, its digs like that, Peter, that make the boys ''edgy'' and we really don''t need it!!

OH MY GOOD GOD!!!! Are some people never satisfied?? Nigel Worthington may have his faults but he is the best damn manager we have had for a fair few years now. Considering not a single person except the board wanted him to have the job in the first place he has done magnificently. A play off final in his first full year, just outside the play offs in his second, almost certain promotion in his third. Thats a pretty bloody good resume if you ask me. Yes he has his faults but which manager doesn''t? I''d rather have Nigel at the helm than Warnock or Pardew.

He has brought some fantastic players to this club, some of our best. Drury, Holt, Edworthy, and now Huckerby and McKenzie. He''s convinced the board to spend vast amounts of money on players we could only have dreamed about during the dark Hamilton years.

Yes he has his faults but his qualties far FAR outway the negatives. Be positive and have faith for gods sake

DD is right - how can some of you be criticising Worthy? He has taken us to the Playoff final and within 9 games of Premier League football. Some fans on this site must have pretty short memories. Only a few seasons we we were an awful side without a chance - we used to struggle to stay in the division, let alone climb out of it.

Worthy has done a fantastic job. He is the boss and its a good thing that he lets his players know it in no uncertain terms.

why is it assumed that any player who isnt getting into the first team every game has obviously been fighting with worthy? THERE ARE ONLY 11 SPACES ON THE TEAM SHEET!

Worthy may not be the best (Man) Manager, but it''s his train set, and as far as im concerned it''s running ok with me, we are having a blip at the moment, but that will come back, you question his authority, why, he is in authority, the players respect him (most), and have been performing well, and In every day life we dont all get on with everyone, he has gained respect, with press, fans and the board, I suspect when we win on Saturday, you will be back on this page, saying how well he has done ect ect.....