Sign in to follow this  
Buncey

Peter Grant has no idea.

Before people start slagging me off, let me say im 100% behind the team and we need to stave off relegation but does anyone else feel increasing alarmed with his stupid decisions, tactics and line-ups?He seems to have no idea how we are supposed to be playing and it''s as though we just pass the ball around a lot and put a few crosses in and hope we get a shot or a header that goes towards the goal. We have no tactics of any sort, we have no leadership of any sort and the players don''t look as though they know what they are doing.Really the board have sold us short again, they''ve decided that it would be a better idea to get someone on the cheap than someone with experience and we are paying the price for it. Plymouth have flew up the table with Holloway, Wolves are doing well with McCarthy but we have grant who has no idea how to pick a team let lone tell them tactics.We need to hold off this relegation then in the summer we need a new manager, a new board, new players and fresh ideas. Carrow road is stagnating in all aspects. We need to fix it, otherwise this season might seem like some walk in the park. Let''s get behind our team and when the season ends and we are safe then the changes can be made.

Last 12 league matches – W2 D3 L7 – if Curbishley gets the sack at West Ham maybe NCFC could ask the Hammers if they’d like Grunt back? (hopefully they’ve forgotten the fact that they couldn’t get shot of him quickly enough!).

i agree with you fella but i cant be doin with all this fluffy "lets get behind the team" rubbish. Because of the fact  the players are taking the p**s.  I pay ma money i think that allows me to let them know my dissatifaction.   But your right we were sold short with the appointment of PG.  We cant afford to be guinea pigs for him to learn his trade!  By the time he learns about tactics and strategies we''ll be in div 3!

Leave PG and the players alone and instead start voicing your complaints at those who appointed Granty and have failed to back him in the transfer market...

There is only one reason why we are where we are today namely Delia Smith and her board of directors...

Join the demonstration on March 6th against this sham of a board that has led us to where we are today!!!  [:@]

"I had to name the team after one o''clock on the day of the game because I didn''t know who would be fit.

"That''s something I''ve never done before and hope I never have to do again because it makes your preparation difficult.

"In the end, I had to choose a side of players that were fit enough to play rather than the side I would have chosen."

''NUF SAID.

You would have thought it nigh on impossible to appoint anybody who could do a worse job than Worthington but Delia seems to have found that somebody , he is going to get us relegated .

PG:

"I had to name the team after one o''clock on the day of the game because I didn''t know who would be fit.

"That''s something I''ve never done before and hope I never have to do again because it makes your preparation difficult.

"In the end, I had to choose a side of players that were fit enough to play rather than the side I would have chosen."

i find this slightly bizarre...surely you would have your tactics and team selected well in advance of 1pm. If certain players don''t look like they are going to be fit then that''s taken into account well into advance of 1pm match day so that you can get your prep right. if players turn out not to be fit right on match day then de-select them quickly!. Anyway, Colin, Croft and Safri were all fit enough to be on the bench, maybe he realizes that he made a mistake or many mistakes with his tactics. If he''s struggling to pick his team from a smallish squad then what hope is there for his tactics and more importantly what hope is there that the players will have any idea what tactics they are supposed to be playing??. I like PG but i think maybe needs to have a good old think about his tactics!.  

grant is limited by the size of our squad, injuries etc.  but i question playing his 2 new signings lappin & fozzie out of position - as we know, this is a recipe for disaster - it was clear that this lineup was going nowhere fast first half, and coventry''s goal was coming sooner or later.  why or why didn''t he change it before half time, say on 25 mins or onwards?  instead, we went in 1/2 time 1 goal down, and with a mountain to climb second half.personally, i''d like to see hunter gone, and grant working with duffy full-stop.

Utter dross again today, we were very VERY lucky to escape from that with a point. Stealing the point felt like a win at the end as I had no idea where a goal was going to come from. I almost (nearly) felt sorry for the Cov fans at the end as they had completely dominated us and deserved the win. How many home games have I seen this season where we simply don''t make the visiting keeper make a single save?! Too many is the answer.

Why was Hughes prefered to Colin? A ridiculous decision.

Why was Croft dropped after some bright displays recently?

And why was Saf on the bench? Either he''s match fit, or he''s not. And if he is, he needs to be in the team. The whole game changed once he came on and he was the only one of our players with the cajones to put his foot in and take charge of the midfield. Grant will moan about injuries, but these selection gaffes were completely unnecessary and of his own making. 

I''m a fraid Grant is out of his depth and has been from day one.  Another nail driven firmly into the coffin by our wonderful board....thanks Delia now go !!

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]"I had to name the team after one o''clock on the day of the game because I didn''t know who would be fit. "That''s something I''ve never done before and hope I never have to do again because it makes your preparation difficult. "In the end, I had to choose a side of players that were fit enough to play rather than the side I would have chosen." [/quote]

Clueless, assuming Brown was lacking fitness:

Gallacher

Colin Doherty Shackell Drury

Croft Safri Fotheringham Lappin

Martin Huckerby

subs
Etuhu
Brown
Hughes
McVeigh
Lewis

Are there going to be prawn sandwiches at this protest? Cos if there isn''t, I''m not going.  Mind, I would have thought Fairy Cakes would be more apt...

Can anyone educate me to what Grant has done to make us think he is the man for the job. As someone who was against his appointment from day one, he has done nout to make me think i was wrong. His powers of motivation, seem nil, his team selections are at times baffling, i dont see someone who is tactically sound, his signings dont fill me with confidence, that they are the players to help us climb the league. He blames everyone, everything except himself, please tell me something positive.

Everone kept saying wait till january, well its nearly march and we are still waiting for some sort of spark. Coventry have been crap, Dowie is having an immediate effect, to me Grant has done nothing and is out of his depth imo.

A total shambles....no excuses.

Grant would get the push the minute DS and her cronies take a walk. So lets get shot of the rot at the top and all the rest should follow.

Smith etc. out......fast!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Leave PG and the players alone and instead start voicing your complaints at those who appointed Granty and have failed to back him in the transfer market...

There is only one reason why we are where we are today namely Delia Smith and her board of directors...

Join the demonstration on March 6th against this sham of a board that has led us to where we are today!!!  [:@]

[/quote]No, I have had a enough of demos.......................so won''t be joining in. Mainly because there are simply no other options to replace delia and the board. unless one of us lot on here has a spare 20 million or so...................The team and grant are to blame for this mess.

im still backing Grant, and i still think with time and learning he can come good..

anyway.. he has 3 years of his contract to run and we cant afford to offload him.. so we''d all better get used to it.

The board are to blame they just havent got the gumption.

jas :)

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]You have to be joking you would be the last person i would follow ,keep your silly demo to yourself thanks i have far more important things to worry about than your childish games .

[quote user="ricky knight"]

Can anyone educate me to what Grant has done to make us think he is the man for the job. As someone who was against his appointment from day one, he has done nout to make me think i was wrong. His powers of motivation, seem nil, his team selections are at times baffling, i dont see someone who is tactically sound, his signings dont fill me with confidence, that they are the players to help us climb the league. He blames everyone, everything except himself, please tell me something positive.

Everone kept saying wait till january, well its nearly march and we are still waiting for some sort of spark. Coventry have been crap, Dowie is having an immediate effect, to me Grant has done nothing and is out of his depth imo.

[/quote]

sending the young lads on loan and offloading the likes of fleming and Robbo, tactically he has been worse than Hamilton ever was.  Appalling.

In fact his record is slowly heading towards hamiltons! (although not quite as bad!!)

Grant Won 9 Drew 8 lost 10

Hamilton Won 10 Drew 10 Lost 15

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

sending the young lads on loan and offloading the likes of fleming and Robbo, tactically he has been worse than Hamilton ever was.  Appalling.

In fact his record is slowly heading towards hamiltons! (although not quite as bad!!)

Grant Won 9 Drew 8 lost 10

Hamilton Won 10 Drew 10 Lost 15

[/quote]

Yes, I wondered how long it''d be before people started comparing his record to Hamilton''s! So for everyone''s information, below is a rundown of every City manager since 1992: though bear in mind, I''ve only covered league games, as these things get messy if we include Cup games too (not least when one manager faced Blackpool, and another faced Bayern Munich).

O''Neill                        P21  Pts 34    Ave 1.62

Worthington                P258 Pts 374 Ave 1.47

Walker (both spells)    P156 Pts 224 Ave 1.44

Rioch                          P82   Pts 107 Ave 1.30

Grant                           P21   Pts 26  Ave 1.24

Hamilton                      P30   Pts 32  Ave 1.07

Deehan                        P56   Pts 58   Ave 1.04

Megson (both spells)   P29   Pts 24   Ave 0.83

As a general rule, by the way, managers begin to hit trouble when they fall below 1.25 (Walker''s average for his second spell here was 1.26, for instance), and are in danger if below 1.20. So it''s something we need to keep an eye on in Grant''s case; he''s hardly approaching Hamilton''s league of ineptitude though, it is still relatively early days, and really, the only way he''ll leave in the foreseeable future is if we either go down or look all but doomed with only 3 or 4 games left (ie. as we were when Deehan left in April ''95). And although it''s getting more and more edgy, I don''t think we''ll go down, and I don''t think there''s any chance of him leaving either: indeed, for all our many doubts about him, he deserves his own preseason and chance to bring his own players in (as well as getting rid of much of Worthington''s deadwood) before we can realistically pass judgement on him.

We don''t need more demonstrations at the moment. The atmosphere at Carrow Road is poor already, and look what happened last time, a troucing at home, which is the last thing we need. However serious questions have to be asked in the summer about what direction the club is going in and whether grant, the board and some of the players are up to the job because as it appears to most fans none of them are. We started well with grant and enjyed a good honeymoon period but the wheels have fallen off, you can''t say "well out best player is injured, or our squad is too small". He had time to bring in players but he seemed more concerned in lettin players go. Many people were happy when fleming went but, he has leadership qualitys that we just do not see on the pitch at the moment and i feel increasingly that it is Grant''s indecision in team selection, tactics and the boards lack of support for on the field activies that are rubbing off on the team. It is plain to see that Safri is better than Etuhu/Fotheringham and Colin is better than Hughes and these sort of silly choices are costing our team dear. Whether it is because he has fallen out with them both i don''t care, a good manager should put behind these things and make sure we win first, at the moment grant seems to be forgeting this and  2 wins in 12 matches is relegation form.