Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

what has colin done wrong?

it seems colin is out of favour at the mo with grant but why? i feel he has been our most improved player this season so to drop him and recall cave brown from loan suggests all is not right with him and grant. maybe hes another on his way out.

I just don''t see it. Colin is not good enough, it''s plain to see yet we have people saying he is player of the season. This is a bit of a joke considering he has been part of one of the worst defences in the league. The guy is pants and grant can see it. He is an ok defender but no more. His real problem come when he is on the ball and is required to distribute it or run with it. Both of which are required abilities for a fullback. He hasn''t got a clue what to do with the ball. Drury is also the same. Those 2 are as big a part of the problem as anybody. Not up to the required standard. And yes I sure Colin is on the way out at the end of the season and a good job too.

The biggest problem with Colin is he doesn''t deal with runs to the back post. He doesn''t track them, and more often than not loses the attacking player  

Much improved this season but he still not great, having said that he is a far better bet than the awful Hughes whom started showing why he is not a full back against Coventry.  He can fill in a hole, yes, but other teams will exploit his weaknessess if he is played there reguarly.

What is it about Hughes that makes poor managers try desperatly hard to play him at the expense of good players and team balance?

While I''ve never thought Colin is the answer at right back he''s definitely improved this season. He''s got more quality than Andy Hughes has, that''s for sure. Aside from the fact he is a natural right-back and Andy Hughes isn''t he''s also comfortable with the ball at his feet and clearly had a bit of an understanding with Lee Croft playing ahead of him.

My guess is that Colin wants out at the end of the season so PG is freezing him out now. Which, if that is the case, is good on PG in a way but then we''re not in the best of situations at the moment and could do with playing our best players and when it comes to right-back...Jurgen Colin is definitely better than Andy Hughes.