Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

James Chambers- Worth a look?

I see today that James Chambers has had a transfer request accepted by the Baggies. If Worthy goes for the "Played well against us policy" he''s got to be worth a look. I think we''re almost all in agreement that the right wing is the place where we need another player. Of course there are a few problems with looking at Chambers:

1) Megson wouldn''t let him come to us- Why sell a player to your biggest rivals?
2) He''s only played a handful of games for the Baggies. I know he did a magnificent job on Hucks but would he be good enough?
3) Price- Could we afford a fee of £250-400K (I''m only guessing but I''d have thought it would be in that region)

Having said all this I''d quite like to have a look at him. I rate him, even before we played them at home.

I think he must be worth a look - the one thing we lack at the back is pace and he had it in abundance. He is young and neither Malkay nor Flem are going to be around forever.

I am concerned than none of the smaller premier teams are having a look - not playing for the Baggies is less of a concern as it comes down to the fact that he is not over 6''3 tall - the key criteria for ANY baggie player..

Worthys just said at the press conference this morning that he''s after a defender befor deadline day due to Flemmings injury against Palace.

I may be wrong but i think it was adam chambers who done such a good job on hucks. james chambers twin brother. james has hardly played for the baggies. i say leave him alone.

i''m not sure which one it was,but i think we are unlikely to buy a player but get one on loan,and if james chambers is the one who marked huckerby so well i doubt west brom would loan him to us

Hi DumbleDelia, I''m just going on what my uncle says who is a baggies fan. and the Chambers which has put the transfer request in is not the one who marked hucks.

The bloke who marked Hux was James Chambers and is worth a look - see the pink un report attached.

I think he is worth a look

http://www.pinkun.com/Content/ncfc/statattack/2003-2004/matches/reports/040302WestBrom.asp

He had Hux in his pocket all game - the only defender to do so - hardly a poor player!

Besides as I said earlier he isnt in Megsons normal physical mould - ie not a 6''3" thug ontent on just intimidating opponents.

I am not saying buy him - but given his performance at CR he must be worth a look.