Sign in to follow this  
Sing, Sing, wherever you may be...

why does no-one boo the board

I know, it makes me want to despair.  I''m not in favour of booing necessarily, but it''s about time we let the board know en masse that they''ve been rumbled.  The last time I went to CR was for the Plymouth game, we were 3-1 down and people starting singing "Delia''s barmy army"!  It was all I could do not to lay violent hands on them.

Interestingly, Everton fans are planning a protest against their board tomorrow for lack of investment in the squad.  David Moyes has been wheeled out to ask them not to, because it will demoralise the players.  Utter ballcocks!  If the fans think the squad needs more investment you can bet the players do too, and it can only boost them (if it affects them at all) to realise that the fans know what they know.

Because the board are beyond criticism - and have very selective hearing.......A boo, is a Hoorah, to the inner ears of those in the Directorship.

Because they are suffering from severe denial brought about by pure celebrity fixation.......

They will reap what they sow........then quickly disappear leaving it to the die-hards to re-build the shattered ruins left behind.

Sheep. 

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]Good question. Through all of the rubbish they have received very little criticism when they are causing most of the problems.[/quote]

Not on this messageboard though Alex. It must be 5 days since anyone had a good old rant at "The Doc"! Delia and the Board seem to be stealing his thunder!! [;)]

Agree with you 110% THEOLSTER...  See my post on the IS THIS THE TIME FOR RECRIMINATION THREAD posted two days ago...

"I on the other hand am of a different opinion and think that a bit of REAL PASSION shown on matchdays... still supporting Granty and the players but letting this board know that we all want them to hit the road may just be the proverbial KICK UP THE @RSE that this club needs at this moment in time...

But hey don''t let that alternative point of view stop you guys from sitting back doing nothing and watching us get relegated and sunk in to oblivion...  THIS CLUB IS A BLEEDIN LAUGHING STOCK!!!"

I have protested by myself twice already this season... have promised to stay away from Carrow Road... but if people are finally up for showing their dissaproval of this board, then I am definetly behind them and would have no wories in joining anybody that wishes to demonstrate for the removal of them (outside of the main enterance) after any of our up and coming matches.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

I know, it makes me want to despair.  I''m not in favour of booing necessarily, but it''s about time we let the board know en masse that they''ve been rumbled.  The last time I went to CR was for the Plymouth game, we were 3-1 down and people starting singing "Delia''s barmy army"!  It was all I could do not to lay violent hands on them.

Interestingly, Everton fans are planning a protest against their board tomorrow for lack of investment in the squad.  David Moyes has been wheeled out to ask them not to, because it will demoralise the players.  Utter ballcocks!  If the fans think the squad needs more investment you can bet the players do too, and it can only boost them (if it affects them at all) to realise that the fans know what they know.

[/quote]

Spot on Mystic... exactly the same clap trap as our fans have been spoon-fed for at least the last 6 months or so  [Y]

Our board of directors have to be the LEAST AMBITIOUS bunch of individuals in charge of one of the 92 English League clubs!!!  [:@]

We had a good Board but it became complacent. Supporters let this complacency creep in by slavishly turning up at games.

It is the fault of the bulk of the fans for not taking early decisive action, missing a few games, not renewing season tickets at the earliest dates and basically putting their own interests first.

Are we as passionate as Celtic fans? When they wanted action they just stayed away en-masse for a couple of games...result: their Board HAD to take note. As I have said before, in Norfolk we do long drawn out atrition.

It is now the wrong time to contemplate disruptive action, the Club is in the mire and we have to go with what we''ve got. How ironic that so many people who didn''t have the conviction to take POSITIVE action when the witing was on the wall now want to finish us off as a Championship side because they feel let down. You missed your chance, now get behind the Club and whinge once we are safe.

[quote user="theolster"]nutty nigel- has earnshaw scored a hatrick in every cup and league? cant recall him scoring one in the premiership. just wondered.[/quote]

Yep. Earnie has scored hat-tricks against Charlton in the Premiership (2004-5), Gillingham in the First Division (2003-4), QPR in the Second Division (2002-3) and Torquay in the Third Division (2000-1).

He''s scored three against Leyton Orient in the League Cup (2003-4) and Bristol City in the FA Cup (2000-01), and for good measure also hit a hat-trick against Scotland in 2004.

I think he came on as sub for the Premiership Hat-trick and then was back on the bench again the next week! Little wonder he fell out with Robson!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

We had a good Board but it became complacent. Supporters let this complacency creep in by slavishly turning up at games.

It is the fault of the bulk of the fans for not taking early decisive action, missing a few games, not renewing season tickets at the earliest dates and basically putting their own interests first.

Are we as passionate as Celtic fans? When they wanted action they just stayed away en-masse for a couple of games...result: their Board HAD to take note. As I have said before, in Norfolk we do long drawn out atrition.

It is now the wrong time to contemplate disruptive action, the Club is in the mire and we have to go with what we''ve got. How ironic that so many people who didn''t have the conviction to take POSITIVE action when the witing was on the wall now want to finish us off as a Championship side because they feel let down. You missed your chance, now get behind the Club and whinge once we are safe.

[/quote]

Utter clap trap RH!!!

I took action after the Cardiff (h) game in October 2005...

I have not gone back on my promise that initially I would not go and see a game under Worthy... and then as I realised around the time of Worthy''s sacking that the real problem at the club lay in the boardroom I promised myself that I would not return until I could see that drastic changes had been made at the club enabling it to make a real concerted effort to move in the right direction again.

What have you done exactly???  Count yourself in with those who have left it too late to take action... the only difference being that you are still content to sit there falling for the clubs PR boooooool$. hite and refuse to take any action.

Please tell me just how you think that protest against the board while remaining 100% behind Granty and the players will lead us to relegation?

Because I am damn sure that the players know what is really going on at the football club and that this board of directors isn''t even prepared to bail them out of a very real relegation scrap....

I am sure that despite what noises the club makes a very large number of players would welcome us having a go at the board while remianing behind them and Granty...  At least it would show them that Norwich fans DO HAVE SOME PASSION and THAT WE DO CARE which dosen''t seem apparent from our current apathetic behaviour!!!  [:@]

I for 1 havent been back to carrow road since witnessing the plymouth game,why boo our players when the money the board takes is never put into the team. If anyone can see through the pr spin  doctor neil doncasters at carrow road and can genuinly see that the board have taken us into no mans land then please join our protest for the derby game on tuesday 6th of march,7pm outside the swimming pool.BACK THE PLAYERS SACK THE BOARD!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

Utter clap trap RH!!!

I have not gone back on my promise that initially I would not go and see a game under Worthy... and then as I realised around the time of Worthy''s sacking that the real problem at the club lay in the boardroom I promised myself that I would not return until I could see that drastic changes had been made at the club enabling it to make a real concerted effort to move in the right direction again.

What have you done exactly???  Count yourself in with those who have left it too late to take action... the only difference being that you are still content to sit there falling for the clubs PR boooooool$. hite and refuse to take any action.

Please tell me just how you think that protest against the board while remaining 100% behind Granty and the players will lead us to relegation?

Because I am damn sure that the players know what is really going on at the football club and that this board of directors isn''t even prepared to bail them out of a very real relegation scrap....

I am sure that despite what noises the club makes a very large number of players would welcome us having a go at the board while remianing behind them and Granty...  At least it would show them that Norwich fans DO HAVE SOME PASSION and THAT WE DO CARE which dosen''t seem apparent from our current apathetic behaviour!!!  [:@]

[/quote]

Smudger asks:"Please tell me just how you think that protest against the board while remaining 100% behind Granty and the players will lead us to relegation?"

I realise that it''s futile to get that illogical mind of yours to see the light Smudger but, as difficult as it may be, you present a challenge to me almost like the challenge a teacher faces in attempting to get a very young student to learn their 3 and 4 times multiplication table for the very first time.

If you are standing outside the ground protesting against the Board exactly what is that you are protesting about? Presumably, you are not happy with the quality that is being displayed on the pitch. Right? So you want the Board to do something about that like spending money to acquire other players or clearing out so that new owners could come in and.....acquire new players, right? Now, stay with me here Smudger....if you were one of those players on the pitch and thousands outside the ground were protesting for such a thing, how motivated would you be knowing that thousands are basically protesting for people like you to be replaced? Further, even if the players were thick and did not realise what your underlying objectives were, they would not be able to glean this from the protestors such as yourself because you refuse to go inside the ground to cheer the players on. Even if you did, would you not feel a little hypocritical knowing these players are not doing the business for you anyway. Any of this getting through Smudger?

You won''t have to worry about this dilemma anyway as you and your friend will be the only ones protesting. Just wanted to answer your hypothetical question.

yankee canary-if you were able to get a copy of the evening news in the states even a certain darren huckerby said how the players are questioning the lack of investment by the board.If the players are already questioning the board dont fans who spend there hard earned cash on the club deserve to ask questions of them aswell? The players are on our side!

BACK THE PLAYERS SACK THE BOARD!

PLAYERS NOT PASTYS!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

Utter clap trap RH!!!

[/quote]

Smudger asks:"Please tell me just how you think that protest against the board while remaining 100% behind Granty and the players will lead us to relegation?"

I realise that it''s futile to get that illogical mind of yours to see the light Smudger but, as difficult as it may be, you present a challenge to me almost like the challenge a teacher faces in attempting to get a very young student to learn their 3 and 4 times multiplication table for the very first time.

If you are standing outside the ground protesting against the Board exactly what is that you are protesting about? Presumably, you are not happy with the quality that is being displayed on the pitch. Right? So you want the Board to do something about that like spending money to acquire other players or clearing out so that new owners could come in and.....acquire new players, right? Now, stay with me here Smudger....if you were one of those players on the pitch and thousands outside the ground were protesting for such a thing, how motivated would you be knowing that thousands are basically protesting for people like you to be replaced? Further, even if the players were thick and did not realise what your underlying objectives were, they would not be able to glean this from the protestors such as yourself because you refuse to go inside the ground to cheer the players on. Even if you did, would you not feel a little hypocritical knowing these players are not doing the business for you anyway. Any of this getting through Smudger?

You won''t have to worry about this dilemma anyway as you and your friend will be the only ones protesting. Just wanted to answer your hypothetical question.

[/quote]

and do Granty and the current board not have plans to move many of these players on anyway???

I am sure that all the players at Carrow Road wished that the board had of gone out and sepnt a few quid that would of ensured that they were playing in the Championship next year...  do you honestly think that it is any of the players best interests to playing at a clkub like this under the current set up (there may be one or two exceptions there agreed)?

Surely the lower down the football league pyramid that NCFC go the players who are associated with taking us there values decrease also?  Surely it would of been in the majority of City players interests for the board to of strengthened the squad in a way that would of ensured we were playing Championship football next season???

Then again there are a few players at City whose ability obviously matches fans like your own apsirations...  but why oh why should players like Huckerby, Shackell, Chadwick & others with higher aspirations be held back by the likes of the Donkey Doc, Gallagher, Brown & Co???

Just as their is a split amongst the fans do not fall in to the trap that no action by ourselves means that there is harmony in the dressing room!!!

Reading this thread again and a lot of other threads. Watching us get a lucky point today. Halftime boos for the players, chants of what a load of rubbish in the second half (towards the players). Worthy is long gone. I guess Grant hasn''t quite been here long enough to be booed.

But WHY does no one boo the board???