Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Was Safri really tired or is the problem with Grant?

I find it very strange that Safri should openly state that he wants to play in every game, yet Grant says he rested him because the player  was tired.  In my opinion Safri should start before Etuhu in every game unless he is genuinely injured.  He had an immediate impact on the game when he was brought on today.  It would appear however that Grant clearly favours having his box to box man in as first choice; and he can obviously see something in Etuhu which I, and possibly several thousand city supporters, cannot see. 

Safri needs to have Lappin and Fotheringham alongside him against Luton and then you will see a big difference in midfield.  Most of us know by now ( Grant excluded ) that at best you might get 15 good minutes from Etuhu and for the rest of the game he drifts into his own world.  We need fighters to get away from the relegation area, and they don''t come much better than Safri.

I thought that the foreign gentleman who rang Canary Call yesterday and said he was a close friend of Safri''s, made some really good points. He sounded genuine to me and said that Safri had never asked to not be included for tiredness but that he was carrying a knock/injury. The gentleam siad that both he and Safri couldn''t understand why the club had come out with their tiredness story and made it clear that Safri wants to play in every single game and is committed to our cause.

Makes you wonder whats going on there doesn''t it,  guess thats a question for the next fans forum!

a few people in the n&p were saying safri was ill and croft was injured, but if thats the case how come they were fit enough to be on the bench? it turns out brown wasnt fit either so what the hell is going on with all these injuries happening at the club?

I was talking about Safri and the reason he missed the Preston game Baldyboy, not the Coventry game.

Seems that the club has now confirmed on the main site message board that Grant meant calf and groin fatigue and not general fatigue. Shame he didnt just say he was injured and unavailable for the Preston game.

His friend who rang canary call also said that he hadn''t been allowed to give an interview to the press which I also find  strange as they let all the other players speak quite freely.

Shame that the club have shown Safri in poor light for nothing!

This has annoyed me!