Sign in to follow this  
Rupethebear

Ryan Jarvis 5 Goals in 2 games

Pleased to see Grant has pulled a masterstroke and sent out Ryan on loan and he cann''t stop scoring.

When is he due back as we could do with his goals here!

How wrong might you be alex_ncfc.

After today''s "Performance???" we may well end up in the leauge in which he is currently scoring for fun.

Hope not though.

Obviously!!!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

In all fairness, he is playing at a low level...

There''s nothing to suggest he''ll get goals here.

[/quote]

But in all fairness he is scoring more goals at that level than Danny Crowe...

And there was plenty suggesting he''d get goals here.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Has never been given a fair crack of the whip here in my opinion...  he is at least the equal (if not better) than Chris Martin who everybody has been banging on about recently!!!

Ryan has never been given a run in the team here yet has still scored goals in the Premiership and in this division... now he has being given a run in the starting 11 at Leton Orient he is starting to show more of his true potential!!!

[quote user="ncfc1"]

Jarvis or Brown ? Jarvis for me .

[/quote]

I Feel That is a Hard Choice. Chris Brown has Come in under Difficult Circumstances and has been Expected to Do The Goods. Yes ok, at the Minute he is Not Preforming at his best. But i feel its a bit unfair to critising

Lewis

Spillane   Dublin   Shackall   Drury

Chadwick   Safri   etuhu/fozzy   Hucks

Martin    Ryan J

How about that when chadwick is fit and jarvis is back, they''d certainly play for the shirt!!!

i said when Brown signed that he''d be on loan elsewhere by the end of the season.. id sooner have Jarvo here and Brown out on loan.. its ok having a striker whos running around a lot and "looking promising" but we need a striker whos scoring goals!

Martin and Hucks up front might be enough to keep us up.. but i still feel hucks is best wide left

jas :)

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

Pleased to see Grant has pulled a masterstroke and sent out Ryan on loan and he cann''t stop scoring.

When is he due back as we could do with his goals here!

[/quote]

what absolute dross, this is the whole purpose of sending a player lacking in confidence to a lower league team is to get fitness and experience. So suddenly our player starts to get some goals and we have made a mistake? He did have chance for Norwich, he has never really looked the finished article and this is a good move to improve him as a player. But suddenly you all think he would have been our saviour, how stupid is that? I simply do not understand the mentality of people!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Has never been given a fair crack of the whip here in my opinion...  he is at least the equal (if not better) than Chris Martin who everybody has been banging on about recently!!!

Ryan has never been given a run in the team here yet has still scored goals in the Premiership and in this division... now he has being given a run in the starting 11 at Leton Orient he is starting to show more of his true potential!!!

[/quote]

Hey Smudger have another look, even at his increased years Jarvis is not in the same league as Martin, who has massive potential if handled correctly. IMO

I do agree that Jarvis hasn''t been given a good run of games, but neither has Martin yet.

i reported about jarvis on here after the spurs reserve match recently.  IMO jarvis should have scored twice, if he hadn''t flounced around like he was on the training pitch in front of goal.  importantly, he got in the scoring positions, which was good - but i suggested he was loaned out to get him sharped up by playing in real football matches.  unlike grant''s recent ''leggy'' comments about him - i thought jarvis looked stronger on the ball than in the past and held his own against the spurs (youth) defenders.  if he gets 10 goals plus by the end of the season - which might be soon at this rate - he''d defo be worth bringing back for next season.  unlike hendo, jarvis still has a future at city in my view.

marty youve completely got the wrong end of the stick, read the post again. and consider it before makeing such a rash reply. this new poster could be young, and doesnt need idiots like you putting them down

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]Five goals in two games! what more does the poor guy have to do to suggest he might get goals here? further more, this "lower level" in which he plays is only 6 teams below us and that  gap gets smaller every time I look at the table!

lets hope putting jarvis out on loan has the same effect as a certain lanky 6ft 7in player we took on loan,

the player in question had his confidence shot, and was going nowhere fast, 14 odd games and 4 goals later on loan to us and his confedence restored he went on to score loads for england and got a dream move to the scouseland

[quote user="Calamity Gallagher"]marty youve completely got the wrong end of the stick, read the post again. and consider it before makeing such a rash reply. this new poster could be young, and doesnt need idiots like you putting them down[/quote]

Absolute rubbish, he has written in moronic large font, which I dislike, also, re-read my post! I have re-read the post as you kindly advise me to do and I stick to what I said 100%. I am really unsure as to how you conclude that I have reached the wrong end of the metaphoric stick! What part of my post do you not get? I have clearly stated what I believe to be the principle behind the loaning of players that are either under performing and / or not playing regularly, therefore, in my opinion, getting a stuttering striker off the mark and building both confidence and fitness is indeed quite the opposite of what the initial poster has stated.

I can only assume that you do not realise that the poster is being sarcastic? It is not meant as a compliment towards Peter Grant, it is a criticism; unless I am miss interpreting the post, which I doubt, maybe the original poster can confirm if he was being sarcastic of complimentary?

also, I did not get personal in my post, i think the posters views were dross, I never called anbody an idiot or any other derogatory term, please refrain from such insults as idiot in future posts.

I have been a Jarvis suporter for 3-4 years. And have always had faith in him. Think it was wery odd that Thorn and Brown and J.J and Svensend and Hendersen was preferd before him.

This have nothing to do with him scoring 5 for Orient. But with the tecnical talent he hav.

[quote user="Jamie Wright"]Jarvis and Martin for me.[/quote]

Cant see these two playing together no pace.  imo you have to balance up can you put into jarvis the workrate, aggression etc of martin and can you put the technique, skill of jarvis into martin? I don''t see how you can drop martin at this moment as he is proving he can score at this level and I dont think I have ever seen jarvis run about for a whole game.  Maybe jarvis has finally realised he has got to fight hard if he wants to play for Norwich and the loan spell may be just kick up the back side he needed.  I personally think sending all the players out on load that grant has, can be nothing but a good thing.  It seems that only Ryan Jarvis is making any impact.

Marty,

The point I was making was that the lad was going nowhere and to give him a chance to play some football Grant loans him out to get some goals and confidence, he can then come back a ''new man'' and carry on his form at Carrow Road. I am suggesting he is prooving himself already and we need him back ASAP as we are not scoring.

To suggest he is only scoring because it is  Division 1 is a nonsense, look at Lita or Eastwood, both scored for fun down there and keep it going at a higher level.

The top line is if he comes back and is given a chance to play for 4/5 games and scores a couple we need to offer him a new deal and Grant will have been proved right in giving him an opportunity in the 1st place.

Rupert, of course we need a fully functioning forward as soon as possible, but based on 2 or 3 games where he has hit the target we shouldn''t suddenly treat him as the new messiah! he needs a longer run before we can say that he will be an improved player. If I recall correctly some people were slagging him off a while back when he was getting a game for Norwich. If Thorne scored a hatrick in the next game we wouldn''t all relax in the belief that our problems up front have been solved would we? If Henderson scores a hatrick for Rotherham would we all demand him back immediately? no we wouldn''t. But I do agree that this really could work in Ryan''s and Norwich''s favaour, but let''s not rush things. 

My mates an O''s fan - and he think the sun shines out of Jarvis'' backside. Damn good move by Grant...

Nice to know that somewhere in the world, some fans are actually getting behind Norwich players. Even if they aren''t Norwich fans.

Many have advocated Jarvis being sent on loan for years now.  All he had was 1 month at Colchester during our Premiership season.  He NEVER had much of a chance for the norwich first team - although to be fair on the odd occasion he was given a game he did not impress.  I am not even thinking about the innumerable 3 minute appearances as a sub.

Well done to Granty for sending him on loan and well done Jarvis for grabbing this opportunity.

Martin and Jarvis couldnt work?

Martin has no pace?

Yesterday, he took on players, good on the ball, good runs, strong as an ox. I think they would work, Brown isnt exactlly grease lightning is he!!!

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

Martin and Jarvis couldnt work?

Martin has no pace?

Yesterday, he took on players, good on the ball, good runs, strong as an ox. I think they would work, Brown isnt exactlly grease lightning is he!!!

[/quote]

I was impressed with Chris Martin yesterday, I think most people were. But I think it was fairly obvious he''s not particularly pacey.

If you played Martin and Jarvis upfront you''d have two forwards who aren''t big and don''t have much pace. Really these days you need at least 1 of them to be big or 1 to be quick. Jarvis is also lazy.

I thought Kevin Kyle was quite impressive for them yesterday, really big strong lad who competed. Fairly mobile too for a lad of his size.

I am pleased that Jarvis is scoring and hope he continues to do so and then comes back to us as a serious option for a place up front.

In all honesty I think he has lost his way recently because he has been in no man''s land.  Not getting close to team but not being sent on loan becuase we had/have such a small squad.  Young players need to play and he just hasn''t played enough for anyone to make a decision as to whether he should stay or go.

Another example of the player not on the pitch allegedly being the answer.  However when he has had a chance this season he has been very poor.  That he can score for Orient means little - he hasnt looked like doing it for us.