Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

PLAYERS POSITIONS

right lets get things straitHUGHES- is a full back not a midfileder(RIGHT BACK)HUCKERBY-all his best games are on the wing (LEFT-WINGER)MCVIEGH- he is best at playing behinde the strkiers ( ATTACKING MID/ SUPPORT STRIKER)and the rest are self explaitoryif any one can honestly say hux is a centre forward or hughes is a midfielder please do

I was quite amazed about Hughes''s performance at Stamford Bridge and cannot believe he was signed as a defensive midfielder to replace Gary Holt! But for me, a full-back''s main job is to defend well, if his defending was better than Colin, I would like to stick him there. Hucks was a striker I think because when he played in left midfield, it liked we were asking too much from him, consider his age. Finally McVeigh, I think his best position was on the bench! Because he did not have the 90 minutes fitness.

Hughes defensive performance today was at best weak,  he was not brought in to defend which Colin is far better at,  but to add an attacking option,  where was that?  He was poor today - again.  Whether it is full back or midfield you get full commitment from HUghes but there are far better players in each position who should be playing ahead of him.

Hux - he does his positives whether he plays as a striker or left midfielder;  his negatives are removed when he is not a midfielder.

WLY - totally agree;  his best position has always be sat ahead of the midfield but behind a striker or two

[quote user="XXL16"]Finally McVeigh, I think his best position was on the bench! Because he did not have the 90 minutes fitness.[/quote]well when he plays, he is a bit lazy, and not fit, and goes out for a all-you-can eat at the chineese restraunt before the game (i think croft joined him)

i think mcveigh best postion is with another team as when he came on yesterday all he seem to was run about like a headless chicken

I agree that McVeigh''s best position is behind the front two but that really doesn''t fit into our team with Huckerby and Croft as well. I think we need to replace him in the summer or he needs to go out on loan to pick up some match sharpness like Jarvis!

Mc.Veigh''s best position is left out,if he touched the ball as often as his hair,he might,just might become the player he was.