Sign in to follow this  
Archie

slightly off the point

but i would like to start a sign dean ashton campaign
i really believe that he is the sort of person who could make the jump to the prem,just like stead has at blackburn.we need a target man,iwan is getting old and svensson isnt setting the first division afire,so i think he would be such a good buy at the end of the season
you heard it here first(althoughim sure someone else has started one elsewhere already!!)

I must admit this is something that''s been going through my mind as well but I wasn''t going to say anything unless we got promoted, but yeah he''s definately the sort of player we could do with if we went up.

For the fee involved I''d stick with signing Crouch - we know his ability and that he fits in with the squad... Ashton could be as successful as Hulse.

I think that Patrick Agyemang gave us all sorts of problems when we played Gillingham last week. He won almost everything in the air, had frightening power and pace and distributed the ball excellently after his hold up play. Also, he''s still young and could be developed into a top-class striker. I should think that the Gills might accept a reasonable offer in order to keep their books balanced.

You might be right ZLF, but if we stumped up 750K I don''t know if Crewe could turn their noses up at that, especially if they get relegated. I''d have thought Ashton would want to move on and would see us as an ideal oppertunity. As for Crouch I''d have thought Villa would hold out for £1.5/2M. Quite a big difference.

delia i think if crewe stay up then he would be worth a lot more,but at the same time i reckon he will turn into a better player than crouch

Would love to see him here. But I was clamouring for us to sign Rivers years ago and when we did i was over the moon!! And then look what happened...!
And there''s no chance of us getting him anyway because Ashton will think "hmm, Norwich are interested in me eh? I''ll tell you what, i''ll give Mark Rivers a ring and see what he says"!!!

Will Rivers be fit enough to answer the phone,as ive suggested before send him the other way as part of any deal,(i know but who else will take him,maybe he can revive his glory years there,and would you turn down premiership football for lowly div 1/div2 football nope didnt think so.