Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

marshalls return

yes many consider he was a judas to go to ipswich but how many people here wouldnt jump ship to your nearest neighbour if the employment was a higher level and paid more? on another note, he always seems to play well when he returns here, he made some excellent saves yesterday.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Marshall clearly thrives on the abuse he gets. The best thing would be to ignore him or give him the silent treatment.[/quote] I agree - he has admitted that he finds it amusing and he always seems to perform well when he plays against us! It is generally he who has the last laugh!

[quote user="baldyboy"]yes many consider he was a judas to go to ipswich but how many people here wouldnt jump ship to your nearest neighbour if the employment was a higher level and paid more? on another note, he always seems to play well when he returns here, he made some excellent saves yesterday.[/quote] To be honest I don''t think you can compare it. I work for a financial institution and if a rival bank came in with a tasty offer I would give it careful consideration. I like my job and probably wouldn''t move even if the pay was more but if I did I could guarantee that the level of feeling directed at me would not come close to that with football. In fact my employer has actively wished people well who have moved on to work for employers that could be seen as rivals.

Football is in a world of it''s own - an unrealistic world in many ways. Fans always look for ways of getting one over on the opposition or winding them up. The banter is a fantastic part of football. Work is an entirely different kettle of fish and involves some sort of professionalism and reality.

Marshall will always get stick for moving to Ipswich as rivals to Norwich - its part of football, generally good natured and often entertaining!