Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Worst 50 minutes in 50 years

After 50 years of watching Norwich City I can truthfully state that the middle 50 minutes of this match was the worst football experience I have ever had to endure. It was so bad that I cannot begin to think of another game to compare it with. It ran a very poor second to watching paint dry.

The first 20 minutes was fairly average but nothing much to shout about. Then we had 50 minutes of the most dire rubbish that has ever been served up at Carrow Road.

The midfield was non existant and I blame Granty for that, due to starting without Safri. I can''t really blame the forwards because they never recieved one decent ball. As for the defence, they survived more by luck than judgement.

At least during the last 20 minutes there was a bit of fight and they just about deserved a point.

I supose we can now expect 2 rip roaring away wins next week.

I''ve seen worse and as you say "At least during the last 20 minutes there was a bit of fight and they just about deserved a point."And I''ve seen games where we''ve been rubbish from start to finish

I totally agree with you, the first half was an absolute shower of complete unmitigated shyte. And although the last 2 seasons have given plenty of contenders for the mantle, this was an insult to the paying customer. Only an idiot wouldtry to defend what ive just witnessed. Sickening, absolutely sickening.   

Agree beds - the only positive I can see out of this game was that we gained a point that we did not earn or merit let alone deserve 

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]it was not that bad, where you at the game?
[/quote]

I was at the game, as I have been at evey home game for over 50 years (minus a few for family & work commitments)

I have seen a fair number of rubbish games over that time and indeed some rubbish seasons but I have never seen such a lack of passion and skill as I did in the middle period of yesterdays game.

Unforgiveable in my opinion.

ginger pele, were YOU at the game? your comments show just what you are , a young lad who just likes football, its good that you are pleased but start being realistic with your comments. today was poor and we were lucky to get a point.

[quote user="baldyboy"]ginger pele, were YOU at the game? your comments show just what you are , a young lad who just likes football, its good that you are pleased but start being realistic with your comments. today was poor and we were lucky to get a point.[/quote]

Completely agree with you, Baldyboy. We were both young once too, but, having just celebrated my 40th anniversary of watching Norwich City, I suspect that I, like you, have seen more City games than some contributors on here have tasted hot dinners. The '' University of Life '' course is a long one.

Yesterday at Carrow Road was shocking. Aside the first and last ten minutes we were a shambles and at least no one has yet had the gall to suggest that Norwich were unlucky.

Coventry had two or three good chances before they scored should have taken all three points back to the Ricoh. They must be wondering how they failed to do so............  

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]it was not that bad, where you at the game?
[/quote]

I was at the game, as I have been at evey home game for over 50 years (minus a few for family & work commitments)

I have seen a fair number of rubbish games over that time and indeed some rubbish seasons but I have never seen such a lack of passion and skill as I did in the middle period of yesterdays game.

[/quote]

My brother was there RICARDO and he was pretty much in agreement with you...

His words were that the starting 11 that he saw yesterday were "the worst City side that he has seen" in 25 years of supporting the club!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My brother was there RICARDO and he was pretty much in agreement with you...

His words were that the starting 11 that he saw yesterday were "the worst City side that he has seen" in 25 years of supporting the club!!!

[/quote]

Sadly Smudge your brother is not wrong.

In the past I used to return home quite upset after a defeat and kick the garage door or shout at the wife but I was always optomistic about the next game. Yesterday I was so depressed with the lack of passionand effort I really seriously considered packing it in. After 50+ years it would be a hard habit to break but I don''t think I could sit through another match like that.

I''ve seen some low times over the years but that for me was the absolute pits.

omg i have been going for 10 years and im 14 i no too much about football and players like etuhu, hughes and doc tried they may have not prevaled but dublin would have had trouble with the job doc had against adebola. i have been very critical with robinson and etuhu and the rest and i thought they tried, it is football and the better team wins, coventry played better, and if there winger is faster than drury then people cant moan when he runs past and with out dublin to organise the defence there is no one, drury who was my favourite player is not a captin really it should be dublin or hughes if dubs is not fit because he tries every time he plays!!!i dont no if im going to come on this forum with the negative attitude from 90% of the people on here

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]it was not that bad, where you at the game?[/quote]No, really, it was.Anyone who knows my attitude towards the team will know I''m much more of a "glass half full" sort of chap, but Saturday was horrendous for the most part. Southend boxing day was dire, its true, but the performance against Coventry was worse by quite a large degree.It makes me angry to see people we''ve made millionaires playing like a bunch of Sunday league amateurs after a 15 pint Saturday night session.They all need a good kick up the arse, and I don''t just mean metaphorically. Lazy ****ers.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

how can anyone beleive the judgement of a fan whom supported worthy to the end?

[/quote]

How do you know he supported Worthy to the end CJF? And if he did what''s your problem with that? He is entitled to his opinion and at least it is his own opinion and not something that is being quoted off another messageboard or canarycall.

You have said exactly the same thing about me in the past and it seems you like to brand posters worthyout and KTF even now! Other posters on here are suggesting that Worthy wasn''t even the problem and that the fault lies with the board for not spending money on players, if so then that''s a waste of 600,000!

If you want to put me into one of your imaginary gangs then forget it. I''ll help you out now:-

I like going to matches home and away. I like it better when we are succesful and when we are this bad it hurts. I still like going though and hate missing games. I vocally support the team and try not to be negative although sometimes my frustrations get the better of me, however I never boo or shout what a load of rubbish even though I am as disappointed as any other fan. I never marched or protested against Worthington, I never marched or protested against Robert Chase. I will always renew my season ticket for as long as my health and finances allow.

Now that doesn''t mean I am a better fan than those that do the opposite, but it also doesn''t mean I am burying my head in the sand or being a sheep or a squeekie or any of the countless insults thrown around on here.

So don''t doubt the judgement of a young fan on the basis that you don''t agree with him, you have been wrong about a lot of things in the past and will be again in the future. We all are!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]it was not that bad, where you at the game?[/quote]

how can anyone beleive the judgement of a fan whom supported worthy to the end?

[/quote]

How do you know he supported Worthy to the end CJF? And if he did what''s your problem with that? He is entitled to his opinion and at least it is his own opinion and not something that is being quoted off another messageboard or canarycall.

You have said exactly the same thing about me in the past and it seems you like to brand posters worthyout and KTF even now! Other posters on here are suggesting that Worthy wasn''t even the problem and that the fault lies with the board for not spending money on players, if so then that''s a waste of 600,000!

If you want to put me into one of your imaginary gangs then forget it. I''ll help you out now:-

I like going to matches home and away. I like it better when we are succesful and when we are this bad it hurts. I still like going though and hate missing games. I vocally support the team and try not to be negative although sometimes my frustrations get the better of me, however I never boo or shout what a load of rubbish even though I am as disappointed as any other fan. I never marched or protested against Worthington, I never marched or protested against Robert Chase. I will always renew my season ticket for as long as my health and finances allow.

Now that doesn''t mean I am a better fan than those that do the opposite, but it also doesn''t mean I am burying my head in the sand or being a sheep or a squeekie or any of the countless insults thrown around on here.

So don''t doubt the judgement of a young fan on the basis that you don''t agree with him, you have been wrong about a lot of things in the past and will be again in the future. We all are!

[/quote]i wanted worthy out in the prem season

I think that your division may sum up the game, but remember two things, firstly that we had so many minor injuries in the squad, one or two - Brown and Croft were pressed intom service on Tuesday although it was risky, that Croft and Safs probably would not have been in the bench if we had a bigger squad.. Secondly,  we conceded only one goal and that from a midfielder and his first for his club. Shackle played well, and Drury, and Doc and Hoose well enough. Also we had as many chances, or more than, Coventry, and had we scored early it could have been a very different game.If we can get something of a full side (minus the long-term injuries) for a run of games, then who knows what might happen, especially if Chadders plays as we know he can. The thing that worries me is the tiredness/tightness of Dion and Safs, with two games a week coming along!

[quote user="Salopian"]I think that your division may sum up the game, but remember two things, firstly that we had so many minor injuries in the squad, one or two - Brown and Croft were pressed intom service on Tuesday although it was risky, that Croft and Safs probably would not have been in the bench if we had a bigger squad.. Secondly,  we conceded only one goal and that from a midfielder and his first for his club. Shackle played well, and Drury, and Doc and Hoose well enough. Also we had as many chances, or more than, Coventry, and had we scored early it could have been a very different game.

If we can get something of a full side (minus the long-term injuries) for a run of games, then who knows what might happen, especially if Chadders plays as we know he can. The thing that worries me is the tiredness/tightness of Dion and Safs, with two games a week coming along!
[/quote]

I''m glad you were able to draw some positives from that performance Salopian but for me the excuses have run out. I have seen City given the runaround by a better team before but for almost the middle hour on Saturday we were barely able to get out of our own half. If we had been playing a good team there would be some excuse but Coventry are a pretty poor side. The players that you say had decent games are all defenders. I think that says it all.

They played without passion and effort for at least 50 minutes. For me that is unforgiveable.