Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Ryan Jarvis

with 5 goals in two games there are going to be obvious questions as to why he couldn''t do it for us, or lets recall him quick. I however, am all for sending him out on loan. How often have we seen players leaving, onl;y for them to have success elsewhere, Akinbiyi, Cureton, Crow, etc. At least this gives City the chance to properly evaluate Jarvis in real matches, which was something he was getting with us. I do think he looks a bit lightweight at times, but there was always potential, we saw that against Liverpool, and now we have a chance to to get a confident Jarvis back having scored a bucketload in Div 1. If he can only perform in a lower league, I have a horrible feeling that might just suit us too, after all we have relegation written all over us at the moment.  

Oh, and we need some loans, today!!!

Don''t think there''s usually a recall option in one month loan deals, not sure it would be good for Ryan either, needs to carry on at Orient to fully get his confidence up.

I''ve carried on tracking the lads out on loan in my blog ''Freeze Frame'' (on the Pink ''un homepage) but with Ryan doing well my thunder has been stolen by Archant a bit!

I''m going to Chester v Torquay on Friday to hopefully see at least Matty Halliday but hopefully Rossi Jarvis as well. Neither played on Saturday though so hope it wont be a wasted trip!

Hope people are finding ''Freeze Frame'' interesting, thanks to those who are reading and stay tuned!

Cheers, Freeza

It could be a week or two before we can get him back - he has gone for a month, I think. PG certainly had him watched in at least one game, so will be getting a report back. I saw last Saturday''s two goals, both securely taken from close in from crosses along the ground - a partial replacement for Ernie?A Jarvis/Martin combination could be successful - Martin has shown that he can be a good supplier as well as scorer, and if McV could stir himself to provide the kind of passes he is capable off, who knows....?

[quote user="Freeza"]

Don''t think there''s usually a recall option in one month loan deals, not sure it would be good for Ryan either, needs to carry on at Orient to fully get his confidence up.

I''ve carried on tracking the lads out on loan in my blog ''Freeze Frame'' (on the Pink ''un homepage) but with Ryan doing well my thunder has been stolen by Archant a bit!

I''m going to Chester v Torquay on Friday to hopefully see at least Matty Halliday but hopefully Rossi Jarvis as well. Neither played on Saturday though so hope it wont be a wasted trip!

Hope people are finding ''Freeze Frame'' interesting, thanks to those who are reading and stay tuned!

Cheers, Freeza

[/quote]

I think Rossi Jarvis is now back at Norwich because of a back injury he picked up. Plus Halliday wasn''t even on the Torquay bench on Saturday.

Jarvis, 20, and Martin, 18. You forget how young Ryan is...

Freeza, Unfortunately for you the one month loan deal was signed on January 26th, meaning that both Halliday And RJ Jr are back at norwich as of today.

Ah bugger! Well noticed.

Think it''s good that they''re back anyway as Torquay are in a fair bit of turmoil and although seeing the tough end of English football is good for both, there is no reason for them to be part of Torquay''s relegation!

Wouldn''t be surprised if Haliiday goes out to Lynn now as Cave-Brown is likely to be ahead of him in Grant''s thinking for the first-team.

Cheers guys, stay tuned to ''Freeze Frame!''