Sign in to follow this  
comeonsuggett

Chris Brown

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

He is a low grade wannabe unloaded by Keane because he had no future at this level. We were the only takers and got mugged yet again. Add to this the useless Fotheringham and Lappin...who are classic journeymen and you''re left with a half decent keeper who went back injured....and Chadwick (apparently spotted by Worthington)....who is as inconsistent as the rest. 

Great transfer window Grant....excellent investments Smith.

Bilge. Bugger off.

[/quote]

I think Brown needs to be cut some slack, maybe it''d be fairer to judge him when Norwich are playing well and Peter Grant (or hopefully a better manager) is picking better teams. When Earnie comes back and if we play the right players in the right positions then that might be a more reasonable time to judge Chris Brown. It can''t be easy for a young player to settle in to a new team when the manager makes so many bizarre changes.

As for Fotheringham...well he was useless yesterday. Whether it''s because he was out of position I don''t know but on that showing it''s easy to see why he didn''t have a club.

Lappin looks like a good footballer though, seems to have a clever football brain to go with his nice left peg. Good signing, no doubt about it.

I think Chadwick will prove to be an assest too.

Brown worked hard yesterday. But he never looked like scoring or creating a goal. While Chris Martin demonstrated he was capable of  both.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

Brown is utter pants and will probably rival Dean Coney as City''s worst ever striker!!!

What is it now???  0 goals in 7 games for Brown???  Not looking good is it???

[/quote]

Exactly how would you know, seeing as you never go.
[/quote]

I go every week and although I don''t always agree with smudger I have to say on this occasion he is spot on.

[/quote]

Exactly, Chris Brown has been totally ineffective - and then people have the gall to call Peter Thorne useless? I may be in the minority..in fact I know I am, but I''d prefer to see Thorne start a few games ahead of Brown. Everyone''s said Thorne has chances....5 mins off the subs bench doesn''t seem like a fair chance to me.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]You really have lost all credibility, Cluck.[/quote]

Just for telling it as it is rather than burying his head in a very deep bucket filled with sand?

My Chris Martin comment was intentionally a bit OTT, however there is  no way if brown was on in that second half he''d have scored. Yes, in the first half the service wasnt good but overall in the games he''s played he hasnt looked like scoring has he. Martin yes was quiet but for most of the half was playing on the left wing, remember!, when he got service in his proper position he looked good. Heknows where the goal is, good movement, prepared to take people on, strong as an ox  ands has enough pace. Martin is the future of the club, he will score goals, Will brown? I dont thinks so, but i hope i''m wrong!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]You really have lost all credibility, Cluck.[/quote]

Just for telling it as it is rather than burying his head in a very deep bucket filled with sand?

[/quote]

Telling as it is, Alex? What, you mean like you slagging off someone and calling them useless when they''ve been playing game after game while injured? Care to think again about that? But hey, why bother: you know best...

And as for Cluck ''telling it as it is'' by calling Marshall a ''half decent keeper'' (actually, he''s a very good one), Fotheringham and Lappin ''classic journeymen'' (Fozzy''s been inconsistent so far, but Lappin has real promise and could prove an excellent buy), and even slagging off someone whose contribution so far consists of scoring on his debut at Portman Road and then getting injured... well, words fail me. Yes, now Delia and Grant are supposed to be able to see into the future; they''re even supposed to be able to legislate for a disgrace of a pitch at Stamford Bridge!

Oh, and by the way: don''t you dare tar me, or anyone else who dare disagree with you, with your nonsense about ''burying our heads in the sand''. This seems to be the standard defence of three or four well-known posters on here: indulge in as much hyperbole and as many worse-case scenarios as possible, before condemning anyone who points out that sometimes, life just ain''t that simple. I don''t think a single poster on here isn''t fed up and furious with the position we''re in, and angry at the mismanagement of the board: it''s just that an awful lot of us believe that getting behind the team and club remains our best bet in terms of getting through this and emerging stronger, and still don''t believe a number of admittedly large mistakes warrants calling for the heads of a board who do nonetheless care very deeply about the club, and are in this with the best of intentions.

The time may yet come when we need a change at the very top, and goodness knows, those in charge have driven me nuts at times over the past couple of years; but it doesn''t mean I, or anyone else on here, care any less or have our heads buried in the sand when I or we happen to differ from you about what the best course of action for the club is.

Nice to know that I''m cartching you up then RH........

Brown is utter crap and if we are relying on his goals to keep us up we may as well wave the white flag now , absolute waste of £375,000 , Peter Thorne would do a better job for sure.

[quote user="ncfc1"]

Brown is utter crap and if we are relying on his goals to keep us up we may as well wave the white flag now , absolute waste of £375,000 , Peter Thorne would do a better job for sure.

[/quote] We shouldn''t be relying on his goals to keep us up because that is unrealistic. He is never going to be a prolific goalscorer and if he is judged on his goal tally then he will disappoint. He was bought to complement Earnie which from what i''ve seen I think he would have done well. As I said in an earlier post, now Earnie is injured, Brown is destined to fail because most of you are too short sighted to see the wider picture.

Saying Peter Throne would do a better job is pure and utter rubbish and strikes me as a comment made purely for controversy! Just emphasises my point above! Brown won more balls in his first game than Thorne has done in all the times I''ve seen him play!

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]He looked excellent today despite being injured, won every ball in air and worked hard
[/quote]

hehehe what planet are you on???????

[/quote]

no no no, of course the average Ryan Jarvis is a whole lot better even though he has never really proved it for many years now has he?

[/quote]

Yeah you said it... 5 goals in 2 games or 0 goals in 7???  I know which one I would prefer!!!  [:P]

[quote user="Shaun Lawson"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Telling as it is, Alex? What, you mean like you slagging off someone and calling them useless when they''ve been playing game after game while injured? Care to think again about that? But hey, why bother: you know best...

And as for Cluck ''telling it as it is'' by calling Marshall a ''half decent keeper'' (actually, he''s a very good one), Fotheringham and Lappin ''classic journeymen'' (Fozzy''s been inconsistent so far, but Lappin has real promise and could prove an excellent buy), and even slagging off someone whose contribution so far consists of scoring on his debut at Portman Road and then getting injured... well, words fail me. Yes, now Delia and Grant are supposed to be able to see into the future; they''re even supposed to be able to legislate for a disgrace of a pitch at Stamford Bridge!

Oh, and by the way: don''t you dare tar me, or anyone else who dare disagree with you, with your nonsense about ''burying our heads in the sand''. This seems to be the standard defence of three or four well-known posters on here: indulge in as much hyperbole and as many worse-case scenarios as possible, before condemning anyone who points out that sometimes, life just ain''t that simple. I don''t think a single poster on here isn''t fed up and furious with the position we''re in, and angry at the mismanagement of the board: it''s just that an awful lot of us believe that getting behind the team and club remains our best bet in terms of getting through this and emerging stronger, and still don''t believe a number of admittedly large mistakes warrants calling for the heads of a board who do nonetheless care very deeply about the club, and are in this with the best of intentions.

The time may yet come when we need a change at the very top, and goodness knows, those in charge have driven me nuts at times over the past couple of years; but it doesn''t mean I, or anyone else on here, care any less or have our heads buried in the sand when I or we happen to differ from you about what the best course of action for the club is.

[/quote]

Why has he been playing then?

More like he is feigning injury.. because even Chris Brown knows that 0 goals in 7 starts is c**p by anybody''s standards for a centre forward!!!

He may be injured now but he certainly hasn''t been for the last 7 games has he???

[quote user="Smudger"]

Yeah you said it... 5 goals in 2 games or 0 goals in 7???  I know which one I would prefer!!!  [:P]

[/quote]Obviously found his level....When he does that in our league then I will I think hes good

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="ncfc1"]

[/quote] We shouldn''t be relying on his goals to keep us up because that is unrealistic. He is never going to be a prolific goalscorer and if he is judged on his goal tally then he will disappoint. He was bought to complement Earnie which from what i''ve seen I think he would have done well. As I said in an earlier post, now Earnie is injured, Brown is destined to fail because most of you are too short sighted to see the wider picture.

Saying Peter Throne would do a better job is pure and utter rubbish and strikes me as a comment made purely for controversy! Just emphasises my point above! Brown won more balls in his first game than Thorne has done in all the times I''ve seen him play!

[/quote]

Spot on Alex. If he had had the opportunity to  play with Earnie and Earnie had now scored 27 goals rather than 17, i think we would have said Brown was a bargain. He shows promise and plays a lot like Iwan used to but so far has not got that instinct for goal. But maybe we can judge him more when the whole team is playing better.

Incidentally, some posters on here talk utter bull**** and seem to delight in being negative and causing a stir... just like the bloke sat next to me yesterday.!!!!

Chris Brown is such a world beater that Sunderland are fighting for their very future in the championship. He is another waste of money off unloaded by a shrewd manager.  Most posters on this site wouldn''t know a shrewd manager if it hit then in the face.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Shaun Lawson"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

More like he is feigning injury.. because even Chris Brown knows that 0 goals in 7 starts is c**p by anybody''s standards for a centre forward!!!

He may be injured now but he certainly hasn''t been for the last 7 games has he???

[/quote]

He has been for at least the last three: and as Alex Harvey-Jones explained above, he was brought in as a target man to knock things down for Earnie to feed off. He isn''t a pure goalscorer, but has been thrust into that role (while injured) through no fault of his own. But no: he must be feigning injury! Why? Because Smudger - who never even bothers going to a game (but still thinks he can lecture others who do) - says so. Honestly, you couldn''t make it up...

Does Delia decide on the signings Cluck. You write with some passion and |I agree with some of your points, but how the hell can you form an opinion on a player if you dont see him play.You surely dont just rely on the views of a bunch of sheep.

If you want to express an opinion with the apparant authority that you chose to adopt you  sureley need to watch a player and use you own football brain to make an informed judgement.

There is clearly more than one way to become the member of a flock!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]He looked excellent today despite being injured, won every ball in air and worked hard
[/quote]

[/quote]

no no no, of course the average Ryan Jarvis is a whole lot better even though he has never really proved it for many years now has he?

[/quote]

[/quote]

oh please forgive me, i must have missed Ryans 5 goals for Norwich, or am i missing something?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My boy has scored 6 in 2 games for his under 8 team. On this performance Smudger would have him at Carrow Road!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

From what I have seen so far Chris Brown looks to be a really good signing. He is the type of player Worthington was trying to sign in the summer. OK, he is not yet a Tim Howard or a Rob Hulse but he is young and I think has the potential to be as good as them. He impressed me at Preston, he works tirelessly for the team and those efforts will be rewarded when he has time to build up an understanding with his team mates. He had three different partners up front on Tuesday. I would imagine he will be up front with Hux tomorrow.

[/quote]

Do you go to games with those marbles in your eyes by any chance NUTTY???

Thank god he isn''t a Tim Howard (he is a goalkeeper)...  I think you mean Steve Howard???

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

oh please forgive me, i must have missed Ryans 5 goals for Norwich, or am i missing something?

[/quote]

Yeah you must of missed them Marty (doesn''t mean that he hasn''t scored them)...

I know that Ryan has scored approximately 5 goals for Norwich despite being treated like c**p by the club... 

I can''t get the exact stats for you because the official club website no longer seems to deem Ryan a first team squad player (despite all the other players who are currently out on loan being there).

I can tell you this though... find these stats and compare them with a certain Mr Brown''s stats in a yellow & green shirt and they will not make good reading for Mr Brown (very apt name that because he is certainly $h. ite).

[quote user="percyvarco"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My boy has scored 6 in 2 games for his under 8 team. On this performance Smudger would have him at Carrow Road!!

[/quote]

Give him a go... he couldn''t do much worse han Browny could he???

[quote user="Shaun Lawson"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Shaun Lawson"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He has been for at least the last three: and as Alex Harvey-Jones explained above, he was brought in as a target man to knock things down for Earnie to feed off. He isn''t a pure goalscorer, but has been thrust into that role (while injured) through no fault of his own. But no: he must be feigning injury! Why? Because Smudger - who never even bothers going to a game (but still thinks he can lecture others who do) - says so. Honestly, you couldn''t make it up...

[/quote]

oh I see so lets say that I am wrong then shall we???

We didn''t only sign a dud striker from Sunderland Reserves...

We signed a crocked dud striker from Sunderland Reserves and continued to play him for the next 7 or 8 games...

Honestly it just gets better doesn''t it???  [8-|]

Well if we bought Brown to knock balls down for Earnie we may as well let him go in the summer because its a absolute certainty Earnie wont be playing for us next season, the guy has class and ambition and the best this team will do next season is mid to lower table . Its a squad full of rubbish people and the sooner you all open your eyes to it and stop pretending its top 6 quality the better.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

Does Delia decide on the signings Cluck. You write with some passion and |I agree with some of your points, but how the hell can you form an opinion on a player if you dont see him play.You surely dont just rely on the views of a bunch of sheep.

If you want to express an opinion with the apparant authority that you chose to adopt you  sureley need to watch a player and use you own football brain to make an informed judgement.

There is clearly more than one way to become the member of a flock!

[/quote]

No deal will be rubber stamped without the say so or financial approval of the major shareholders....and they are DS and MWJ.....and as a season ticket holder...I''ve seeen quite enough of him and the rest of the shower to form a decent assessment. In short....they are bargain basement crap.

I initially came on here with an opposite opinion to most....and despite endless slaggings for it...I remain convinced that DS and her Disciples are dragging us back to the dark ages.

Remember also that certain "staff" leave the club over a period of time, privy to certain information...and so I am reasonably clued up as to how things are conducted behind the closed doors of Carrow Road.....and how "we" supporters are viewed pretty much with contempt on the whole......no more than a necessary evil to balance the books.

Don''t get suckered into believing that those who don''t follow DS blindly are not "real supporters"....because it is far harder to fight for better days than simply sitting back while the roof falls in. Do nothing at your peril my friend!

[quote]Don''t get suckered into believing that those who don''t follow DS

blindly are not "real supporters"....because it is far harder to fight

for better days than simply sitting back while the roof falls in. Do

nothing at your peril my friend![/quote]Other than posting on here cluck, what is it, exactly, that you are doing ? [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

From what I have seen so far Chris Brown looks to be a really good signing. He is the type of player Worthington was trying to sign in the summer. OK, he is not yet a Tim Howard or a Rob Hulse but he is young and I think has the potential to be as good as them. He impressed me at Preston, he works tirelessly for the team and those efforts will be rewarded when he has time to build up an understanding with his team mates. He had three different partners up front on Tuesday. I would imagine he will be up front with Hux tomorrow.

[/quote]

Do you go to games with those marbles in your eyes by any chance NUTTY???

Thank god he isn''t a Tim Howard (he is a goalkeeper)...  I think you mean Steve Howard???

[/quote]

Yeah, I meant Steve Howard Smudger.

What else is wrong witth my post? Oh I see, you don''t agree with it! Well I disagree with most of your posts too. For somebdy who claims to have played football at a decent level you don''t seem to have much of an understanding about the game. Maybe your playing career is as genuine as your mates season ticket (s)!

One game at Plymouth and we have had to put up with months of this sh*t! Pathetic!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Don''t get suckered into believing that those who don''t follow DS blindly are not "real supporters"....because it is far harder to fight for better days than simply sitting back while the roof falls in. Do nothing at your peril my friend![/quote]

Other than posting on here cluck, what is it, exactly, that you are doing ? [;)]
[/quote]

Witholding my money from the club and showing dissent by non attendance. It saves me booing the players off the field....and leaves two small spaces in the stand. Not much I agree....but if a few thousand others did it for just one game it might begin to open some eyes. The optimum time was really pre and during the transfer window I agree....but at least I feel I am making a small point....and in doing so NOT disturbing the players on the pitch. Whether this is a hollow gesture or not I don''t really care....and I will certainly not be renewing for 2008.

That''s for starters....and we''ll see what happens from there.         [:)]