Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Canary

The Hux penalty appeal

Leaving the ground yesterday after the game it seemed as if the main topic of conversation amongst the fans was the Hux penalty appeal in the second half yet it has not rated a mention on this message board so far. What do you think? Was it a penalty or did Hux deserve his yellow card?

I only got to listen to the game on the radio, but both Blower and Adams were in no doubt, having seen the replay, that Hucks deserved his card.

[quote user="baldyboy"]as a qualified ref with a clear view it was a penalty. mr d''urso got it wrong as with a few things yesterday.[/quote]

It''s impossible to say from where I was, they probably had a clearer view in the wireless! Interesting what you say baldyboy, someone else with a clear view told me the same. D''urso was very quick with the card though, so he was convinced otherwise.

As to why it hasn''t been discussed on here, I should imagine that''s because in the greater scheme of things yesterdays poor performance and our inability yet again to produce a performance when it was needed, overshadows any injustice we may feel.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

Yes dive. Yes card.

[/quote]

I watched the replay on a monitor, and I actually thought it was a penalty.......But, the ref''s not got the technology, and is reliant on his 2 flaggers and his Mk1 eyeball.

This thread is about Huckerby''s penalty appeal but did anyone notice how he conned Andy D''Urso into booking Whing, the Coventry No2, early in the second half ?

Whing did catch Huckerby who immediately fell to the ground clutching his leg as if it had been broken. No sooner was the Coventry player in the ref''s book than Huckerby was on his feet to receive the short free kick and run on as if nothing had happened. The sensible thing would have been to have hobbled around  for a minute or two so perhaps Mr D''Urso realised he''d been hoodwinked and decided he''d get his own back.

We all know Huckerby has been a fabulous player for City and he does suffer more than his fair share of fouls. Unfortunately being fouled comes with the territory for skilled players and this kind of play-acting only enhances his already perceived reputation as a bit of a '' diver ''..............

Didn''t see it so can''t comment but we could do with some luck. I won''t condone diving and think it''s disgusting but we could do with some more dubious penalty decisions going our way!

Impossible to tell from where I was in the Barclay - and havent seen a replay either;  Perhaps his history returning to haunt him either one way or the other.

Cant get excited about it - some we win some we lose

[quote user="greenTshirt"]no penalty, good challenge but got huckerby going for the ball - no dive.  Yellow was harsh.[/quote]are you suggesting his dive was so good it deserved a red? [:P]

it was a penalty but the reason hucks did not get the penatly was every time he lose out in a tackle was he fell over but if it was anyone else in the penalty area it would have been a penalty.

In Jarrold stand level with River End goal so had good view. Definite contact with Hux and none with ball. Stonewall penalty IMO. Goal should have been disallowed though for Hux''s straight arm to defender.

I had a clear side-on view of the tackle from the new corner stand and it was a clear penalty with the defender taking huck''s leg and having definitely no contact with the ball. It was disgusting to add insult to injury by booking him. The referee was in no position to see the incident clearly and obviously used guesswork. I am looking forward to seeing confirmation on a video replay and I would put my house on the fact that it should have been a penalty. I am also disgusted with those here that state that he dived as they obviously had no clear view.  

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]

what about huxs elbow on the defender as he got the ball to set up our goal!

[/quote]

I spotted that, if seen it was a straight red. He was lucky the defender did not make a meal of it

The penalty wasn''t, the ref got it right. Hux also has a reputation for going down easily and this is going against him more and more.

[quote user="No Mad"]In Jarrold stand level with River End goal so had good view. Definite contact with Hux and none with ball. Stonewall penalty IMO. Goal should have been disallowed though for Hux''s straight arm to defender.[/quote]

I''m in roughly the same position & would definitely agree. Put it this way, it was more a penalty than Andrew Johnson''s on Sunday!

You never spotted an elbow. As another poster states it was a straight arm.  Again, I had a clear view from the corner stand and yes the goal should not have been allowed but I saw it as justice for the disallowed penalty appeal about 2 minutes earlier. I have a feeling that the referee had realised his earlier mistake and was ''rectifying'' his error

When I first saw it in real time it looked like a definite penalty.

But after seeing a reply, it seemed the defender didn''t make contact with Huckerby and didn''t even put his leg out infront of him. So, with the benefit of that I think the ref got it right...

However, I know if I had been at the game I would have been convinced it should have been a spot kick.

I sit level with the incident.  Penalty in my opinion.

I would say however that some refs would have given him a red card for him elbowing that guy in the face during the build up to our goal.  The ref looked at it but let it go, I suspect because he was not confident about the previous penalty decision and because he knew it would mean Huckerby walking.

[quote user="Chunky Canary"]

Leaving the ground yesterday after the game it seemed as if the main topic of conversation amongst the fans was the Hux penalty appeal in the second half yet it has not rated a mention on this message board so far. What do you think? Was it a penalty or did Hux deserve his yellow card?

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

I sit level with the incident.  Penalty in my opinion.

I would say however that some refs would have given him a red card for him elbowing that guy in the face during the build up to our goal.  The ref looked at it but let it go, I suspect because he was not confident about the previous penalty decision and because he knew it would mean Huckerby walking.

[/quote]

That''s a scarey thought! I felt we got a lucky point on Saturday but a 1-0 defeat with Hux sent off would have been disasterous!

It was a 100% cast iron nailed on..........DIVE, I sit in the lower N & P stand and anyone who thinks it was a penalty should go to Specsavers straight away 

At the time I thought it was a certain penalty but having seen the highlights it''s a complete dive, Hucks was already going down before contact was made, so a booking was the right decision.